Setting Special Pricing In Reskey?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a way to set up the following in Reskey?
  • Most of the time system charges 1st night's rate as a deposit when reservation is made, balance due upon arrival.
  • But during certain times, like Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, charges full stay up front when reservation is made. Ideally on these special times it would give a message explaining it's non-refundable (unless another reservation comes in) before they complete the reservation.
It seems like this would be possible, but I can't see any way to do it. Under Rooms/Units you can set a room to use both a Rate Plan and an Alternate Rate Plan, but I don't see how you tell it when to use one and when to use the other.
This all comes up because a 5-night reservation at one of the river cottages next weekend (Labor Day) just cancelled, so we're considering next year getting the full amount up front, non refundable, for these two very important holidays on the river.

Using the alternate rate plan, select the dates you want and set your priorities...it will be the primary plan for just those dates. I'm not sure if you can make it show alternate text though to inform the guest of the change in cancellations.

I'm still missing something.
  • For a particular room you can only have the regular plan or the alternate plan for it to look at, and you can only set a start date and end date for each plan.
  • Say on Jan. 1 you set your regular plan to end the day before the Labor Day holiday, August 29, and you set an alternate plan that takes over for the period August 30 to Sept. 2.
  • What happens if somebody tries, on Feb 5, to make a reservation for Sept. 3? Neither plan covers the dates after Sept. 2.
And that doesn't even get in to also needing to be ready for the Memorial Day holiday, or the two holidays next year.

I set one plan for now - 2016. Put in all your rules.
Use an alternate rate plan for each date(s) you want to be different than the default. i.e. 4 night minimum & higher room rate Oct 1 - Nov 30.
Your alternate rate will take presidence over the default rate. They can overlap each other.

"Most of the time system charges 1st night's rate as a deposit when reservation is made, balance due upon arrival."
What you'll probably have to do is when the reservation comes in, do a manual charge for the balance. If it's in your policy that certain dates will have to be charged in full, then just go ahead and manually charge the full amount.
Currently, ResKey can't do more than 2 different deposits. I have a 1 night stay gets charged full night plus any add-ons and 2 or more nights gets charged 50%. I contacted John to add a 3rd option, but he said it wasn't possible.

"Most of the time system charges 1st night's rate as a deposit when reservation is made, balance due upon arrival."
What you'll probably have to do is when the reservation comes in, do a manual charge for the balance. If it's in your policy that certain dates will have to be charged in full, then just go ahead and manually charge the full amount.
Currently, ResKey can't do more than 2 different deposits. I have a 1 night stay gets charged full night plus any add-ons and 2 or more nights gets charged 50%. I contacted John to add a 3rd option, but he said it wasn't possible..
Breakfast Diva said:
I contacted John to add a 3rd option, but he said it wasn't possible.
Yeah, right. I don't believe that. More like possible, but not high on the priorities list.

Currently, ResKey can't do more than 2 different deposits. I have a 1 night stay gets charged full night plus any add-ons and 2 or more nights gets charged 50%. I contacted John to add a 3rd option, but he said it wasn't possible..
Breakfast Diva said:
Yeah, right. I don't believe that. More like possible, but not high on the priorities list.
Arkansawyer said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I've asked John about some small tweaks (for one example, show the sub-total of rent minus discounts before taxes are calculated, so people can see what they're actually being charged for a week) but he's said that the section of the program that deals with all the rates stuff is by far the most complicated and he's not going to dive into it anytime soon...
So "not possible" probably means "possible, but requires a major ground-up re-write of the code ..." (aka not high on the priorities list...)

Back