Seven Effective Marketing Methods for Our Ad-Cluttered, Digital Age

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Getting with the times... Seven Effective Marketing Methods for Our Ad-Cluttered, Digital Age: [/COLOR]http://t.co/iFKOlC1v[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] [/COLOR]

I blogged an ONLINE "Social Media ONLY" Special today and when I saw this I decided to do a Press Release as well. You never know who will see it and want more info, or book a room.
On the same note I had a nearby city newspaper call and is coming over monday (after a full house for race weekend) interview us about the selling of this inn, why and how. There is another historic home for sale in town, so she is interviewing both of us. So again, with the "out of sorts" thing, I need to be on my A game for this interview, and to make sure everyone learns how much FUN innkeeping can be! I mentioned if they want photos the place will be under a mass evacuation on Monday after breakfast/check out, so the rooms will not be ready. She said if they want some they will send a photographer back (which I will encourage!)

I blogged an ONLINE "Social Media ONLY" Special today and when I saw this I decided to do a Press Release as well. You never know who will see it and want more info, or book a room.
On the same note I had a nearby city newspaper call and is coming over monday (after a full house for race weekend) interview us about the selling of this inn, why and how. There is another historic home for sale in town, so she is interviewing both of us. So again, with the "out of sorts" thing, I need to be on my A game for this interview, and to make sure everyone learns how much FUN innkeeping can be! I mentioned if they want photos the place will be under a mass evacuation on Monday after breakfast/check out, so the rooms will not be ready. She said if they want some they will send a photographer back (which I will encourage!).
Good luck with the interview! I'm sure you will rise to the occasion and may even inspire a separate article just on inn keeping! We had two journalists from Boston Magazine stay (walk-ins) this weekend. They seemed to have a good time even though the weather was less than ideal. Still, I am anxious to see if any article with a positive mention of our B+B shows up. Can't hurt!

On the same note I had a nearby city newspaper call and is coming over monday (after a full house for race weekend) interview us about the selling of this inn, why and how. There is another historic home for sale in town, so she is interviewing both of us. So again, with the "out of sorts" thing, I need to be on my A game for this interview, and to make sure everyone learns how much FUN innkeeping can be! I mentioned if they want photos the place will be under a mass evacuation on Monday after breakfast/check out, so the rooms will not be ready. She said if they want some they will send a photographer back (which I will encourage!).
You have lots of great photos. Why not just had her a CD with them on there and that way save some time and she'll use the ones you provide. Good luck.

Just remember all the not "out of sorts" days you have around there and good luck.

Just remember all the not "out of sorts" days you have around there and good luck.
Innkeep said:
EXCELLENT ADVICE!!!!!

Pull the bed spreads/quilts over the stripped beds, add your decor pillows, hang towels in bathrooms, and unless they have strewn crap all over the floors you will be good to go for looks/photos. They are not going to be needing a clean shower and guest-ready. Do this with your best and/or your easiest rooms. Or as CL suggests hand them your photos (with photo credit expected). In my experience, they do not want to make the trip back - especially with gas prices what they are.

Back