Shampoo vs Shampoo and Conditioner

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of women, some of them, if you can believe it, when traveling, carry their own shampoo and other hair products, disdaining the free offerings provided by their place of lodging.
I'd make more fun of women and their obsession with hair, except I have to admit, it works for them. Women manage to stay younger-looking a lot longer than men, and I think what they do with their hair is a big part of that, and I applaud their success..
Arkansawyer said:
Speaking of women, some of them, if you can believe it, when traveling, carry their own shampoo and other hair products, disdaining the free offerings provided by their place of lodging.
It's a certain contingent. Those who care about their hair. Never been a big deal for me, as anyone who has ever cut my hair can tell you. Wash, run a comb thru, go. It is what it is. I will admit to 'big hair' in the '80's. But I have destroyed all the photos, so maybe I'm telling the truth and maybe I ain't.
Madeleine said:
It's a certain contingent. Those who care about their hair. Never been a big deal for me, as anyone who has ever cut my hair can tell you. Wash, run a comb thru, go. It is what it is. I will admit to 'big hair' in the '80's. But I have destroyed all the photos, so maybe I'm telling the truth and maybe I ain't.
Who can we bribe for the photos and how much is it going to cost us. I'm sure your mother has some.... or dad... your other half? Someone has got documented proof!
The other half has my high school graduation photo which is definitely the hippie stage. The 'Dallas' stage was not well-documented, thank goodness.
Mom has my back. If the photos aren't on CD dad has no idea where they are. See- Mom has my back! Other half would be astonished to find out there are 6 document-size boxes in HIS closet that are filled with photos. (It's a really big closet.)

I've polled, occasionally, local people on this very issue for over a year. I've never found a single woman who likes shampoo and conditioner combined into one bottle. Most said something about their hair not "coming out right", whatever that means, and a couple mentioned that they can't use conditioner because they're allergic or something.
As you may see, I don't pay a lot of attention as to WHY they don't like the combo, as I don't pretend to understand women and their hair, but I can definitely tell they don't like it..
You live in a place where hair is a BIG deal. Around here, if you've got hair that's good enough. So, here's a secret for you...you need to provide a TABLE in your bathroom for all the product you are going to see if your guests are from anywhere within 500 miles of you.
Make sure your showers/tubs have deep shelves or lots of hanging shelves or you're going to have some mighty grumpy womenfolk.
Madeleine said:
You live in a place where hair is a BIG deal. Around here, if you've got hair that's good enough.
teeth_smile.gif

So listen I don't want to make a male vs female type statement, but let's just say IT IS THE MEN who use the conditioning shampoo and would never consider a separate "conditioner" - this is a blanket statement and applies to 80% of the men who stay with us. People who are concerned with their hair do not use our products at all. As you all have mentioned they pay big bucks (and on ocassion leave them behind and want them mailed back as they are professional hair products)
So who are you providing these bathroom amenities for? Consider that and then go for it.
Well, not all men, but as a generalization (and as we all know, all generalizations are false, even this one) combo products sell to men. Women want two seperate products.
But we have found that most ladies, bring their own.
But... we provide them seperately. Now labeling them is a different problem, because in France they use different terms for conditioner than we do.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Well, not all men, but as a generalization (and as we all know, all generalizations are false, even this one) combo products sell to men. Women want two seperate products.
But we have found that most ladies, bring their own.
But... we provide them seperately. Now labeling them is a different problem, because in France they use different terms for conditioner than we do.
But all of our products here are English french for Canadian Sales.
In Calf English/Spanish.
North America
  • Shampoo/Shampooing
  • Conditioner/Revitalisant
Europe
  • Shampoo/Shampooing
  • Conditioner/Apres-Shampooing
Minor difference, but still confusing to some. Then again it's funnier when they have trouble with the meals, the word we use for lunch, they use for dinner. They are forever having lunch at dinner-time. The worst is the slang for child, the word they use there is our word for testicles. Nothing will get people to start spurting coffee out of their mouths like a sprinkler faster than someone from France calling after their children in the park. "Come here, testicles, come here." Or asking "Do you want to see a picture of my testicles?
Eric Arthur Blair said:
North America
  • Shampoo/Shampooing
  • Conditioner/Revitalisant
Europe
  • Shampoo/Shampooing
  • Conditioner/Apres-Shampooing
Minor difference, but still confusing to some. Then again it's funnier when they have trouble with the meals, the word we use for lunch, they use for dinner. They are forever having lunch at dinner-time. The worst is the slang for child, the word they use there is our word for testicles. Nothing will get people to start spurting coffee out of their mouths like a sprinkler faster than someone from France calling after their children in the park. "Come here, testicles, come here." Or asking "Do you want to see a picture of my testicles?
Oh the images of the faces during that conversation. :-D

I have to agree that it seems that the men were the big users of our shampoo and conditioners (which were separate). Women usually brought their own lotions & potions. My dh will use what's provided and prefers the combo shampoo/conditioner because then he doesn't have to figure it out!
btw - we are right now staying at a place that has the new, smaller G&S dispensers in the shower and by the sink. I am still not a fan (having been forced to use the shower gel in the shower or go without because I forgot to bring my own B&B soap) but these have to be some of the best dispensers I've seen. I like the fact that they are smaller, which in my dispenser hatred frame of mind, leads me to believe that they are replenished more frequently, so the product is fresher. Does that make sense? I've seen some not so great looking dispensers.... And they're clearly labeled with the type/scents which many are not, although there's no ingredient list, so I can at least guess if they might have allergens.

Back