Share your great guests!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 months ago we had a last minute cancellation because the husband suddenly died. They had been coming here for a few years. This is one of the folks that really participates on FB and Pinterest with us. 2 nights ago the wife, their daughter and grandson came to stay with us because both Father's Day and what would have been the couple's 41st wedding anniversary was on Sunday. They wanted to spend the time together as a family and since the late husband loved staying with us and our area, they decided to bring some of his ashes to spread in the nearby ocean and spend the special day here where they had such great memories together. The wife told me that it was a special time for them (the 3 here) so they've decided to make it an annual stay for Father's Day.
It's these kind of moments that help wipe out the PITAs..
We've also had a group here for a memorial service where they spread the ashes on the ocean in the deceased's favorite spot on the coast. We have his photographs hanging in our dining room. I put them there specially for the memorial and have returned to putting them up whenever the artists who hang their works here come and claim what hasn't sold.
I was just happy they wanted to spread them in the ocean and not bury them on our property like the other ones we have here! Some of you may remember my old story about the couple that we have 'resting' here.

Back