Shared bathroom- when to clean?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catnip

Reaction score
Hi all, new poster, aspiring innkeeper. First of one million questions.
I will have two rooms that will share a Jack and Jill bathroom and am wondering about cleaning- especially the shower. How do you handle it? Is it even conceivable to attempt to clean between the guests showers? Do I have guests notify me if they wish it to be cleaned prior to their use? Or do I schedule it during my routine cleaning and let it go?
Also to clarify, I will only have three rooms and pretty much exclusive to clients at a local sports venue. Most (95%) of the guests will be female, most likely be friends traveling together and if not, be familiar with each other.
(BTW- sorry if this question was answered somewhere else, I have been lurking almost non-stop for 3 days since finding your site and have gained a ton of knowledge)

I clean our shared bath once a day. If I can sneek in there between guest showers, I will at least wipe out the tub. Our shared has a clawfoot tub with a curtain enclosure, which I HATE. If I were to have my way, there would be a shower stall, which allows the shower curtain to dry MUCH FASTER, since it's not laying against the inside of the tub, soaking wet.
My circumstance is a little different than yours, as one guest room shares this bath only with us. We don't shower in the morning in there, so it's always fresh for that one room...so if a guest gets into a wet, used shower, it was from their own partner.
I've been considering numerous ways for more 'keepers space, and one of those options calls for two shared bath guest rooms. I've wondered myself how cleaning that might be handled.
Gillium House might be best able to answer this question, as in the beginning, all she had was SB.

welcome.gif
Catnip!

hi and welcome
welcome.gif

i had some rooms with shared baths and it could be challenging. sometimes it was one shower after another.and you can't be running in there after each guest.
what i did was to post a little sign in the shared baths that this was a shared bath - please take personal items with you back to your room - that if bathroom needed freshening, please contact the innkeeper. i don't recall the exact words. but it's a spiel i gave verbally as i checked guests in and i also had that in their room info book.
taking a shower right after someone else ... well ... if it's family, it's one thing, but if it's another unrelated guest, it's something else. keep cleaning supplies easily accessible so you can zip in there.
it was also in my regular daily cleaning schedule.
and be sure to have lots of towels!

Welcome Catnip!
Not sure if you can or do...but sharing is not half bad if you have indiv sinks with mirrors in the rooms. There was a place like this that worked well as most of the bathroom time was taken by makeup/hairdryers/toothbrushing.
Also having a "powder room" aka 1/2 bath on its own would be great. So as you can see I didn't answer your question, as I have no shared, so no answer. WELCOME
welcome.gif

Welcome! I had 3 w/shared for 10 years. If possible to cram a shower & toilet in each room - go for it. Otherwise, I popped in as often as I could. During breakfast there was no way. I would clean it before I went to bed at night and IF there was time between breakfasts would go scrub the tub (and definitely after breakfast - probably 2 or 3 times a day) - at that time I had only a claw-foot tub with hand-held shower and NO shower curtain. I did have towels on the floor at the back of the tub for over-spray. (there was no way to secure a curtain rod and i had visions of someone like my DH holding on to the rod to get in and out and brining the whole thing down.) I also kept the cleaning supplies in a large crock in the bathroom if anyone wanted to clean it themselves. The ONLY incident in 10 years was the honeymooners - she was soaking & he decided to join her and the rub was full already. I had a waterfall downstairs that was mopped up by the time they came down.
Edited to add: This bathroom is still shared but only 2 rooms. The tub has been moved to the private bath and replaced with a 60 inch shower in the shared bath.
The door had (and still does) a dead-bolt lock and I have the only key. I did have people knocking on our door to open the bathroom door when someone forgot to retract the deadbolt.

I don't have a shared bath so take this for what it's worth...as a guest I would not expect a shared bath to necessarily be 'pristine' whenever I set foot into it. I would expect it to be cleaned during the normal daily cleaning. As a Jack & Jill bath, it is not in the hall (I am assuming there is no access from the hallway) so you would have to enter the guestroom to clean the bathroom.
I would NOT set myself up to be someone's bathroom attendant by stating the guest could ask me to clean the bathroom before they used it. Ugh.
What I would have is a sign on each door to the bathroom stating, politely, 'Please leave this bathroom the way you would want to find it,' and hope the guests are polite to each other.

After reviewing the options on space, hubby has decided that it would be most feasible to just add an addition bathroom giving each of our three rooms a private bath. Since we are still in the building phase of the addition, it means a few adjustments but nothing he cannot do quite simply. He is a genius.
teeth_smile.gif

After reviewing the options on space, hubby has decided that it would be most feasible to just add an addition bathroom giving each of our three rooms a private bath. Since we are still in the building phase of the addition, it means a few adjustments but nothing he cannot do quite simply. He is a genius.
teeth_smile.gif
You will never regret it.

Wir bieten schöne Heimkehr Kleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom Heimkehr Kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Heimkehr Kleider.
[h3]
Ballkleider sind großartig für das Hinzufügen von Anmut und Flair auf Ihre Figur. Sie sind äußerst beliebt bei den Royals brautmoden brautkleider brautmoden brautkleider, Maskenbälle kleid abschlussball , Bälle und Hochzeiten im Laufe der Jahre. Es gibt viele verschiedene Arten von Ballkleider blumenmädchenkleider , einschließlich der formalen Ballkleider, A-Linie Kleider und Empire-Taille Kleider.
[/h3]
Formal Ballkleider: Diese Art von Kleider sind in der Regel mit Satin, Samt-und Seidenstoffe hergestellt. Sie sind meist die Kleider, die teuersten wegen ihrer weiten Rock und die Menge an teurem Material abendkleid brautkleid abendkleid brautkleid, das verwendet werden, um ihnen zu machen. Formal Ballkleider haben in der Regel ausgestattet Mieder und voller langen Röcken. Formal Ballkleider können lange Ärmel, kurze Ärmel oder ohne Ärmel. Die meisten der Bräute, dass die Hochzeit Ballkleider bekommen Blick für Stile blumenkinder kleider rosa , die mehr formal sind. Formal sieht verströmen einen Sinn für Schönheit und Tradition.
A-line Ballkleider: A-Linie Ballkleider sind ideal für Frauen, die wie zu fühlen und gut aussehen, während sich wohl fühlen mit ihrer Figur würde. A-Linie Kleider beginnen montiert und dann flare out an der Unterseite, so dass aus einem A Form in der Nähe der Unterseite des Rock. Ein A-Linie Kleid ist ideal für einen Maskenball. A-line Ballkleider gehen, um Ihnen einen heißen Blick, der auch hinzufügt, um das Geheimnis. Wenn Sie eine Braut, brautmoden große größen die petite ist, könnte dies die beste Art für Sie zu haben.
Reich Taille Ballkleider cocktailkleider pink : Empire Taille Ballkleider sind ideal für Frauen mit Problemzonen in der Taille oder Bauch oder die schwanger sind. Diese Arten von Kleider sind entworfen, hochzeitskleid kinder hochzeitskleid kinder um Ihre Taille hochziehen durch Schneiden der obere Teil des Kleides in der Nähe der Brust. Diese Art von Kleid hat einen längeren Rock. Sie finden diese Kleider in allen Farben, abendkleid günstig kaufen abendkleid günstig kaufen die beliebtesten Farben sind schwarz und Pastelle.
Überlegungen: Wenn Sie nach dem perfekten Ballkleid sucht, erinnern der Stil und die Farbe des Ballkleid. Das Ballkleid sollte schmeichelhaft und sollten Sie sehen und fühlen schön.
schöne cocktailkleider günstig
online shop brautkleider

catnip said:
Hi all, new poster, aspiring innkeeper. First of one million questions.
I will have two rooms that will share a Jack and Jill bathroom and am wondering about cleaning- especially the shower. How do you handle it? Is it even conceivable to attempt to clean between the guests showers? Do I have guests notify me if they wish it to be cleaned prior to their use? Or do I schedule it during my routine cleaning and let it go?
Also to clarify, I will only have three rooms and pretty much exclusive to clients at a local sports venue. Most (95%) of the guests will be female, most likely be friends traveling together and if not, be familiar with each other.
(BTW- sorry if this question was answered somewhere else, I have been lurking almost non-stop for 3 days since finding your site and have gained a ton of knowledge)
See one thing which is most important is to clean bathroom after regular intervals. You can spend some time of weekend on them. Now for cleaning you can easily get numerous bathroom cleaners at fair prices and apply them as prescribed to get clean bathrooms

Banyo is head over heels to bring the greatest assortment of bathroom accessories for your contemporary and old-style washrooms. Bathroom The dissimilarity between an inordinate bathroom and your imaginary bathroom is all in the diminutive details.

Each bathroom suite includes an assortment of different options. Bathroom Suite You can pick a wall hanging, corner, inset, countertop or cloakroom basin, and an add-on pedestal or towel rail.

We are sure we will have the entire product and services what you looking for and we proud to provide best quality to all. bathroom vanity units If your lifestyle requires a degree of versatility then an oval bath is the ultimate solution of designs, contemporary and modern classic styles, perfect for any setting.

Nobody likes cleaning the Bathroom, but through preserving up with it, the job will become tuff much less painful. Study on for some pointers in performance in preserving your surfaces, partitions, ground, bathe and rest room sparkling easy. Get rid of all the items that do not belong in your toilet.Garage door in bath is give tips for this painful work. Take out the entirety that doesn't belong, inclusive of clothes, cups, and trash. Additionally, pass out any little facet tables or movable garage shelves so that you can clean under them.

wow! talk about an old thread to drop in on ... 2009! selling ... ?

Back