Sharing a compliment.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
We (I) tend to chat mostly about the annoyances of this job but we’ve dad some nice compliments lately. Here is my recent favorite:

buffet menu included cinnamon maple French toast with a side of homemade applesauce. I like to highlight the flavors of fall.
on her way out a guest told me, “I never thought to pair French toast with applesauce but from now on it’s going to b my thing!”

There was a recipe on the FB innkeepers page yesterday for Pumpkin French Toast. I looked at the recipe, liked what I saw. I put cream cheese on my grocery list, made a batch of English Muffin Bread, and took pumpkin #2 off the porch to bake. so I could puree it. Served it this morning telling guests this was a trial run new recipe and they needed to tell me keep or toss. He said, she will like this because she likes pumpkin. After eating it (taking seconds) he said it is a keeper. THEN he said the jaw dropper.

I knew from conversation when taking the reservation that they stay in a lot of B & Bs. He told me that the only one that came close to me was owned by a chef - and then he said, I think you beat him. (I knew the inn & chef - they have now sold - and it warmed the cockles of my heart because he was considered one of the premier chefs in the State!) Woohoo! Those compliments really ARE great when we get them!

And it makes all the time and effort worth it!

Yes it does. Yesterday, I could not get the cap off the carton of half & half so I handed it to my guest saying, I know when to call in the big boys! this morning when they were checking out, he said, I have something for you. He went out to his truck and brought in a gizmo for opening all sizes of bottles & jars! (They loved my breakfasts and said they will be back. these folks I believe will - because they love WVU football! and I am only 45 minutes away - which in West Virginia is like being next door.)

I knew from conversation when taking the reservation that they stay in a lot of B & Bs. He told me that the only one that came close to me was owned by a chef - and then he said, I think you beat him. (I knew the inn & chef - they have now sold - and it warmed the cockles of my heart because he was considered one of the premier chefs in the State!) Woohoo! Those compliments really ARE great when we get them!
Love the 'chef' comment. Deserved!

Back