Sharing photos of the seasons and area

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I wanted to mention I have been following a few innkeepers on FB and it makes me smile every time I see a gorgeous photo from an innkeeper.
I am going to mention HappyJacks as I watch her seasons unfold where she is, I open and view the images in full size and they really intrigue me. I have never been there, and seeing the beauty there in her great outdoors makes me want to visit. I just know this is the same with others who view the images online (from wherever they are at that time).
I am sharing this as it is a simple tool to use as marketing, and yet so beneficial! A photo really is worth a thousand words!
(If you don't do this, grab your digital camera and take some photos, you can reuse some of the summer images next year or in prep for next summer in your marketing).

JB I love your porch and someday I'm gona be sittin there!

Thank you! And you are so right: anyone can grab a digital camera and just start snapping. They won't all be pics to post, but there are sure to be a few that showcase the inn or the area and help people imagine what it would be like to visit. It's the best marketing bang for your buck.

People are visual. Telling them just doesn't work. Unless they have been there before they don't get it.
Here is (preview) of an article I wrote about a specific venue for weddings. The website has virtually no decent info to descibe how beautiful it is, and this place is amazing, so once people SEE THIS they will be booked solid. In fact as you can tell this article is almost all photos, and then click for more details. AND I can only share 540pixel wide images, you should see how magnificant these are in full size!
Facebook gives us an advantage to share larger images now, they are in people's feed bigger than they used to be a year ago. It is worth posting them when you can.

Check this out, a great social media presence, the blog article is mostly images and they made me look at them I couldn't resist! Fun-ky is the word, great view and I have added it to my list for future road tripping.
Bed and Breakfast on the Farm thewiseacres.wordpress.com[/h4]

Check this out, a great social media presence, the blog article is mostly images and they made me look at them I couldn't resist! Fun-ky is the word, great view and I have added it to my list for future road tripping.
Bed and Breakfast on the Farm thewiseacres.wordpress.com[/h4].
The only problem...I can't stand to look at the page very long as that neon green is blinding me :-(

Here is another blogger with an amazing line up (I really liked this MY RECOMMENDATIONS article, it is more valuable than gold to someone from out of the area!
Is there a blog article with images of places or things to do YOU RECOMMEND?
http://www.key2paris.com/2011/03/30/my-2011-recommendations/.
Yes! Recommendations are invaluable. I don't want to go to the same old tourist traps when I travel. I want something either different or something that the locals love!

We can share seasonal photos of all the dead and dying trees that we lost as a result of last year's drought. Ugh, it's become very expensive have trees removed and stumps grounded down.
A little more rain this year than last and not as many triple digit days, but the temperature's supposed to reach over 100 this weekend. I'm not complaining, it's just unusual for Texas to have this mild of a summer. I feel for my innmates in the Northeast. I understand ya'll are getting a taste of what we had last year.
We're having a new well dug with a larger pump that will enable us to install a sprinkler system. Maybe by 2014, I'll have a green yard.

We can share seasonal photos of all the dead and dying trees that we lost as a result of last year's drought. Ugh, it's become very expensive have trees removed and stumps grounded down.
A little more rain this year than last and not as many triple digit days, but the temperature's supposed to reach over 100 this weekend. I'm not complaining, it's just unusual for Texas to have this mild of a summer. I feel for my innmates in the Northeast. I understand ya'll are getting a taste of what we had last year.
We're having a new well dug with a larger pump that will enable us to install a sprinkler system. Maybe by 2014, I'll have a green yard..
We had a week or so in the 90's. Now it is back to 'seasonable' at 72 right now. Luckily, we have had enough rain as far as the lawn and plants are concerned. And there's a bumper crop of blueberries a couple of weeks early.

Can you tell me what happyjacks website URL is so I can view the photos???.
elkems said:
Can you tell me what happyjacks website URL is so I can view the photos???
Perhaps she will email you with the info. Otherwise, as she does not use her inn name here, it would not be right for anyone to 'out' her identity.

Can you tell me what happyjacks website URL is so I can view the photos???.
elkems said:
Can you tell me what happyjacks website URL is so I can view the photos???
It is actually Facebook, and blog. Sharing photos in season and out. happyjacks can respond if wanting to share her info with you. Many here are anon for various reasons, spam and marketers being one of them. Sharing guest stories freely is another.

We're having a new well dug with a larger pump that will enable us to install a sprinkler system. Maybe by 2014, I'll have a green yard..
We just had another wind from hell and a gulley-washer. It ain't done yet. More expected. My guest put down the plastic with the bath towels in her room just in case..... the other 2 rooms will not be bothered. I will be SOOOOO glad when it is my turn for getting the new roof!

Back