She came, she went ..... ZOOOOM !

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well got an AirBNB last minute request. 6:07 pm reservation arrives in my computer @ 7:01 its Confirmed by Air BNB. I respond e-mail telling her room will be ready at 7:45pm . Then at 7:11pm (when I am getting room ready & not reading e-mails) she sends e-mail " be aware I am allergic to fragrances , do not spray or use air freshners, fresh air is good". So room is cleaned with Clorox wipes, etc. She arrives 7:50pm and I tell her I just read her e-mail and I have never had a person with allergies book with out telling me in entry text. She enters says" you have air freshners in here " and leaves......... so funny , no air freshners ,just Clorox wipes. I told her she would have to contact Air BNB.
Oups, there Lysol wipes ,I buy at Cost-co in a pack of 6 containers. UPDATE.... AirBnB is sending check to me. She sent them an email , saying her cancelation was OK with me. A lie ,do not tic-off an Innkeeper. Checks in the mail .

I think I have same day rez turned off. I need my sleep!
Someone with those kinds of allergies needs to make it very clear before they book. Not as they walk in the door!

Hope she ends up and one of those smelly motels.

This will be interesting to see how Air handles it. Technically, you accepted her reservation before she alerted you to any sensitivity issues. You fulfilled your commitment.

I would never use fragrances, but funny how people assume they are right.

Hope she ends up and one of those smelly motels..
thumbs_up.gif

We turned off same day bookings with all of our 3rd party agents.
I would expect payment from Air. What was this Air guest thinking? A last minute booking and showing up within an hour and expecting you to have removed any fragrance with in that time frame.
I use a scented fabric softener. If I have a request for fragrance free, I do have one for that purpose. But I have to know in advance.

Well, according to an article about air that Gomez saw today she can't leave a review. She didn't stay.

That's rough. Sounds like the woman who left her week's stay at a beautiful new spa because it smelled too new and she is sensitive to so much. She came to me and couldn't stay, she smelled someone's perfume and smelled damp. Yes, in the harbor, there was damp. She ended up sleeping trying to sleep one night in the screened in porch of the hotel across the road and was shouting at people smoking cigars outside down wind of her to put them out. In the morning she smelled fish and boats and left. She really needed to vacation in her own camper where she could control as much as possible.

That's rough. Sounds like the woman who left her week's stay at a beautiful new spa because it smelled too new and she is sensitive to so much. She came to me and couldn't stay, she smelled someone's perfume and smelled damp. Yes, in the harbor, there was damp. She ended up sleeping trying to sleep one night in the screened in porch of the hotel across the road and was shouting at people smoking cigars outside down wind of her to put them out. In the morning she smelled fish and boats and left. She really needed to vacation in her own camper where she could control as much as possible..
seashanty said:
She really needed to vacation in her own camper where she could control as much as possible.
She really needed to vacation at home!

Back