She slept in her car!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
We've all got stories about innkeeping that we'll be telling when we're in our rockers in the nursing home. Here's a new one of ours:
Young gal checks in last evening. She's beginning a business trip that doesn't even require her to be in our town but she's going to meet an old friend at a favorite watering hole for the evening. We chat awhile, and off she goes.
DH goes out this morning to go to his day job, and when he unlocks his vehicle she pops up in the car next to him. She asks if he'll let her back in the house because she got locked out late last night, and she slept in her car (!) rather than waking us. She explains that after she got back from the bar, she changed into her PJ's and watched a bit of TV, then went to get something out of her car and forgot to take her key. He expresses concern, she laughs it off, he lets her back in, and tells me what's happened.
End of story, right? Not quite. She comes down to breakfast at 10 a.m. as pre-arranged, and quicky tells me and some other guests the story. But there's a twist. Seems she was actually going out to get a bottle of water out of her car (okay yes, we supply bottled water, so it was completely unnecessary). Then as soon as she's locked out, she realizes that her friend had driven her back from the bar! Her car isn't here!! It's about 1/2 mile away. She's wearing slippers, PJ's and a sweater, and she has her car keys. So instead of waking us -- "I didn't want to wake you up and tell you I did something that dumb" -- she WALKS back to the bar and gets her car. At 12:30 at night. Alone. And it's in the 40's.
Unbelievable. But STILL not the end of the story. After awhile she tells us the rest. Her GPS still has our address in it so she uses it to find her way back here. As she tells it, the GPS turned her the wrong way down a one way street (yeah, okay, maybe). So yes.....she gets pulled over. Officer asks her if she knows she's going the wrong way down a one way. She explains with her deep Southern drawl (which she pours on extra thick) that she's not from around here and her GPS told her to turn that way. He asks her if she's been drinking. "Oh no, officer!" He actually LEADS her here in his squad car, and THEN she sleeps in the car.
Oh my goodness.

Okey dokey-I think you will probably win the prize for this story for the Darwin awards...BTW-"here's your sign"-
Did she get the officer's name?....wow what a story...

InnBloom said:
...but she's going to meet an old friend at a favorite watering hole for the evening....
Say no more. I think I see the problem.

InnBloom said:
...but she's going to meet an old friend at a favorite watering hole for the evening....
Say no more. I think I see the problem..
No kidding. As she put it this morning "I was overserved a bit". Ya think? (And I love the term overserved. It means "it wasn't my fault").

whattha.gif
whattha.gif
whattha.gif
whattha.gif
That deserves 4 of these.

"officer, I only had 2 beers" is the most common answer. not having any and the officer didn't smell it? hard to believe

This is the one of the most stupid things I have ever heard. Yeah..only 2 beers..right!!! Yep put this on in your book for sure.

God bless her for trying to fix it herself and NOT making it YOUR problem!

In other words, she slept it off in her car. After she found it..
teeth_smile.gif
Exactly. She feels sure the officer actually knew she'd had a few but succumbed to her flirting.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

And Don, I think it's funny that you say that. I've been thinking today about how MANY ways this whole thing could have turned extremely bad for her....or for someone else....and of course also for me. She was so incredibly lucky. It has reminded me of some really stupid things I did when I was younger (never this exactly, but probably equally stupid) and how lucky I was. And those things in my younger years also included being stubborn and self-reliant and not asking for help.

In other words, she slept it off in her car. After she found it..
teeth_smile.gif
Exactly. She feels sure the officer actually knew she'd had a few but succumbed to her flirting.

And Don, I think it's funny that you say that. I've been thinking today about how MANY ways this whole thing could have turned extremely bad for her....or for someone else....and of course also for me. She was so incredibly lucky. It has reminded me of some really stupid things I did when I was younger (never this exactly, but probably equally stupid) and how lucky I was. And those things in my younger years also included being stubborn and self-reliant and not asking for help.
InnBloom said:
teeth_smile.gif

That's why we all have a few extra guardian angels in our youth
wink_smile.gif

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark.... I think there may be even more to this story that she didn't tell you.

Am I the only one who thinks if the girl was too stupid/embarassed/drunk (pick one) to ring the bell and get let back in - shouldn't that have been the officers responsibility??!! If he was too stupid to know she was drunk then I don't think he should be a police officer - aren't they supposed to help people!!! Hell, if he was that stupid and non-caring he could have been the one to take advantage of her. I could go on but I am too stupified!!!
God is great, beer is good people are crazy!!!

she may have been operating in a black-out and this is her story and she's sticking to it

Okey dokey-I think you will probably win the prize for this story for the Darwin awards...BTW-"here's your sign"-
Did she get the officer's name?....wow what a story....
birdwatcher said:
Did she get the officer's name?....wow what a story...
Instead of Darwin Awards (I believe you have to die to win???) Maybe we should start a Stupid Guest Award topic and just keep adding to it... what a great book it would make! This one is of the best I have heard.

Lucky you, she wasn't even smart enought to try and turn this around on you....got locked out of the house, banged on all the doors and windows and no one heard me...
But then, if she's young, she's probably proud of her drunked advanture...most of them are.

Back