Sheesh! Now The Homestead is climbing on!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
JUST got an e-mail from The Homestead offering a Bed & Breakfast from $209. That is the title of their package....

The big guys copying us? I don't think that's a bad thing. Them mentioning "Bed & Breakfast" puts the concept into the mainstream.

The big guys copying us? I don't think that's a bad thing. Them mentioning "Bed & Breakfast" puts the concept into the mainstream..
You are right...but there have always been hotels putting out "b & B packages :-( This isn't really new. Just recyling I guess..they too are trying to find ways to lure folks back.

The big guys copying us? I don't think that's a bad thing. Them mentioning "Bed & Breakfast" puts the concept into the mainstream..
Little Blue said:
The big guys copying us? I don't think that's a bad thing. Them mentioning "Bed & Breakfast" puts the concept into the mainstream.
- Well maybe if it is done right! I have seen these packages before with HI and other average hotels - just because they add scrambled eggs to their continental breakfast does not cut it. And then just what does the guest walk away with? Certainly not the same feeling as the real deal, but if they have never experienced the real deal, they may never do so. (- disclaimer - my comment is not about Homestead, but about big guys in general)

Little Blue said:
- Well maybe if it is done right! I have seen these packages before with HI and other average hotels - just because they add scrambled eggs to their continental breakfast does not cut it. And then just what does the guest walk away with? Certainly not the same feeling as the real deal, but if they have never experienced the real deal, they may never do so. (- disclaimer - my comment is not about Homestead, but about big guys in general)
copperhead said:
Little Blue said:
As an HIExpress-goer this past weekend, I can tell you that all I wanted was a bed and a bite to eat (but mostly I was hoping for coffee :) ) the next morning before heading to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in MI. I honestly wasn't looking for an experience. I was just looking for a decent place to lay my head (and those of my children and dh). Nothing against a B&B, but it would have cut into the "why" we were in the area in the first place: The Museum. If I'd have had to wait for a 9:00 seating, I would have been late for the opening and the antique car show.
Disclaimer ;) - I love B&Bs. I would love to own one. But there are also people who just don't care about the whole experience. As different as B&Bs are, so are travelers.

Little Blue said:
copperhead said:
Little Blue said:
As an HIExpress-goer this past weekend, I can tell you that all I wanted was a bed and a bite to eat (but mostly I was hoping for coffee :) ) the next morning before heading to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in MI. I honestly wasn't looking for an experience. I was just looking for a decent place to lay my head (and those of my children and dh). Nothing against a B&B, but it would have cut into the "why" we were in the area in the first place: The Museum. If I'd have had to wait for a 9:00 seating, I would have been late for the opening and the antique car show.
Disclaimer ;) - I love B&Bs. I would love to own one. But there are also people who just don't care about the whole experience. As different as B&Bs are, so are travelers.
Emily Spiers said:
copperhead said:
Little Blue said:
I was only speaking about when they promoted "bed and breakfast packages" - not just their everyday room rate - yes, hotels serve a purpose.
Hope you enjoyed the Ford Museum & Greenfield Village... haven't been there in years but have wonderful memories ot them.

There are a bunch of those packages out there...it's been pretty common for awhile. In fact, we have one of those booked at a hotel near a wedding we're going to in a few weeks. It was what they offered to wedding guests in the rooms that the bride and groom blocked.

Almost all hotels offer a comp breakfast or if not a B&B package. It is nothing new.

Almost all hotels offer a comp breakfast or if not a B&B package. It is nothing new..
Joey Bloggs said:
Almost all hotels offer a comp breakfast or if not a B&B package. It is nothing new.
A lot do - most of the less expensive Marriott brands do, like the Residence Inn and Fairfield. There are three hotels in my town, though and only the least expensive one, a Comfort Inn, offers a comp breakfast.

Back