Sheets from Cypress Bathrobes Co.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheilaQ

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has tried the solid sateen 340TC sheets from Cypress?
Also, I'd like to know if any of you have tried or are using the Comphy brand microfiber sheets? I got a set to try and they seemed hot. I had some guests try them out this weekend . . . and same response from them -- they said they really prefer cotton -- though the microfiber might be nice in colder winter months. I love the feel/hand of them, but I can't have guests sweating when they are trying to sleep! :-( Still, I'd like feedback if available.
Thanks a bunch,
Sheila Q.
The Collins House Inn

I also got a set of the Comphy sheets to try out. They are great out of the dryer if you want to give up ironing the sheets. I personally prefer 100% cotton though - I think percale or egyptian cotton feels cooler and crisper than the microfiber. I have thought about getting a few sets to use in the winter. I don't use flannel but I have some sateen sheets that I use mainly in the colder months - the Comphys might also be good then.

How do microfiber sheets wash and dry? Are they heavy or light in weight? Do they feel like cotton percale, cotton jersey or more like flannel?

How do microfiber sheets wash and dry? Are they heavy or light in weight? Do they feel like cotton percale, cotton jersey or more like flannel?.
Little Blue said:
How do microfiber sheets wash and dry?
Quickly and with few wrinkles if you take them out right away.
Little Blue said:
Are they heavy or light in weight?
Very medium.
Little Blue said:
Do they feel like cotton percale, cotton jersey or more like flannel?
Cotton jersey is what they resemble most, although a little heavier weight than most jersey sheets I've seen.

How do microfiber sheets wash and dry? Are they heavy or light in weight? Do they feel like cotton percale, cotton jersey or more like flannel?.
Little Blue said:
How do microfiber sheets wash and dry?
Quickly and with few wrinkles if you take them out right away.
Little Blue said:
Are they heavy or light in weight?
Very medium.
Little Blue said:
Do they feel like cotton percale, cotton jersey or more like flannel?
Cotton jersey is what they resemble most, although a little heavier weight than most jersey sheets I've seen.
Thanks a bunch!

In measuring my current sheets (which I love), it looks like they are 12" deep, whereas my new beds, including the wool pile mattress pads, will be 15.5" deep. SO, I have to order new sheets for when my beds arrive a week from now. Glad I measured them now instead of waiting.....
I found a gentleman on ebay selling "Hotel Collection 800 thread count" microfiber sheets for $15.00 a set in queen. I bought seven sets in white to try on my new beds this fall and winter, including my own! If I or the guests don't like them, should be able to sell them easily enough on Craigslist.
His feedback for the sheets was nothing short of marvelous, so we'll see...
Edit to add: Got the sheets, washed a set and put them on our bed. I was initially not impressed by the very light weight, thin appearance, glossy sheen and smooth texture, like halfway between cotton and satin and almost like parachute material. They washed and dried VERY quickly, but because I did not pull them out of the dryer right away, they were tangled and wrinkled. Since they were just going on our bed, that was OK. D. LOVED them, must have told me four times that he likes them. I was comfortable, not too warm and slept like a baby. I like the elastic all the way around the fitted sheet. I hope they last.
A screaming deal for $18.85 including shipping for each 6-pc queen size set (comes with two extra pillowcases).

In measuring my current sheets (which I love), it looks like they are 12" deep, whereas my new beds, including the wool pile mattress pads, will be 15.5" deep. SO, I have to order new sheets for when my beds arrive a week from now. Glad I measured them now instead of waiting.....
I found a gentleman on ebay selling "Hotel Collection 800 thread count" microfiber sheets for $15.00 a set in queen. I bought seven sets in white to try on my new beds this fall and winter, including my own! If I or the guests don't like them, should be able to sell them easily enough on Craigslist.
Edit to add: Got the sheets, washed a set and put them on our bed. I was initially not impressed by the very light weight, thin appearance, glossy sheen and smooth texture, like halfway between cotton and satin and almost like parachute material. They washed and dried VERY quickly, but because I did not pull them out of the dryer right away, they were tangled and wrinkled. Since they were just going on our bed, that was OK. D. LOVED them, must have told me four times that he likes them. I was comfortable, not too warm and slept like a baby. I like the elastic all the way around the fitted sheet. I hope they last.
A screaming deal for $18.85 including shipping for each 6-pc queen size set (comes with two extra pillowcases)..
Warning: Thread hijack alert!
Little Blue: Did you ever get your new beds?

A screaming deal for $18.85 including shipping for each 6-pc queen size set (comes with two extra pillowcases)..
The arrive day after tomorrow. All the old beds are sold and paid for already. D. is taking the day off work to meet the truck, my brother is coming over to help him get everything swapped out. Very small window before arrivals to get it done. Should be fun trying to get those monsters up and down our steep and narrow stairway!
I CAN'T WAIT to get them....it's like I'm eight and it's two days before Christmas!

The arrive day after tomorrow. All the old beds are sold and paid for already. D. is taking the day off work to meet the truck, my brother is coming over to help him get everything swapped out. Very small window before arrivals to get it done. Should be fun trying to get those monsters up and down our steep and narrow stairway!
I CAN'T WAIT to get them....it's like I'm eight and it's two days before Christmas!
I am excited FOR you! I hope they turn out to be everything you hoped they would be!

Back