sheets from Overstock.com - suggestions??

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldcharm

Reaction score
In a previous post I mad,e many of you suggested overstock.com as a good source for purchasing bed linen.
Can anyone mention a particular brand(s) they look for when on overstock. Any recommendations? Anything I should stay away from? I've been having bad luck with sheets, so I'm trying to do my research.
Thanks!!

I have Overstock sheets and I think since my mattresses are so thick I will purchase California king in the future rather than regular king. That is the only thing I can say - they are fine and so far two years old.
Remember they are probably going to be irregulars, and there are several companies they carry - it's not just one company selling you stuff. We always get cream as I don't care if they are an exact color match.
But I have to say anytime I have had to return anything it's been done no questions asked. So my advice is once you receive, try it right away to ensure it fits. Check the measurement of the thickness of the mattress to ensure a proper fit as well.
We have great sheets from them. But again, we iron/mangle and purchase the high count. I don't know about any that are wrinkle free.

For me, after doing this so many times and having to return them, I would only buy sheets I can return after washing and they turned out bad. Don't laugh everyone, but I have found the nicest sheets at WalMart to be pretty good. They hold up well and wash and dry well. the 400 tc egyptian cotton sheets from walmart. I have purchased them all over and these are the last man standing...sheets for me. Of course the colors change each season, so I can't get the same pillowcases as I did. I always buy an addtl set of pillowcases, due to mascara stains, oils from cleansers etc. If there is EVER a problem, I bring them straight back, to any walmart.
0008576982704_500X500.jpg

I do not buy anything over 400TC unless it is Egyptian cotton. Anything more, I would only buy cotton/poly blend. I always buy a second set of pillowcases when I buy a set of sheets for 2 reasons. #1 pillowcases are more prone to getting messed up since the guest does lay a face full of make-up, a head full of today's version of Brylcreme, etc on it and #2 since I iron pillowcases it gives me more time between appointments with the dreaded ironing board. I also prefer king-size pillowcases because i like the way they hang down without the pillow peeking out.
I have used Overstock, Smart Bargains, Domestications and have had no problems with any of them regarding returns - and I HAVE returned.

For me, after doing this so many times and having to return them, I would only buy sheets I can return after washing and they turned out bad. Don't laugh everyone, but I have found the nicest sheets at WalMart to be pretty good. They hold up well and wash and dry well. the 400 tc egyptian cotton sheets from walmart. I have purchased them all over and these are the last man standing...sheets for me. Of course the colors change each season, so I can't get the same pillowcases as I did. I always buy an addtl set of pillowcases, due to mascara stains, oils from cleansers etc. If there is EVER a problem, I bring them straight back, to any walmart.
Sadly, I'm sort of in a 'remote area' the closest 'real' mall is about 1.5 hours from me! yikes. Thankfully we do have a Wal-mart (even though I often think they are the devil), but I've always been nervous to try their sheets. Is this a photo from your inn?? Beautiful! It looks so inviting. This is the look I would like.
Do you iron all your sheets? I did find a nice and almost amazing set of wrinkle-free sheets from JCPenneys that have been working very well. So, I may end up sticking with them if that's my best option.

We used Kohls to buy our sheets. And whatever anyone thinks anything over 300 counts is just a waste of money. Our sheets are 300 counts and we get complements from our guests and they are not too expensive. I have also bought sheets from Walmart and they are great as well. Towels we also got from Kohls...they send them right through UPS and we ordered them online.

I have bought lots of sheets on overstock.com, some great...some not so great. I cannot remember the brands, as they change so often why bother, but what has worked best for me is to read the reviews. People are very good about being specific in their likes and dislikes of a product.
My new favorites are also from...GASP! - Walmart. They are very very soft 300 thread count 100% cotton wrinkle free. They are not exactly wrinkle free - but the closest I have ever seen and if you fold them up right out of the dryer - or put them right on the bed, they are perfect. I still iron the pillow cases, as I like the look of the crease.

I have bought lots of sheets on overstock.com, some great...some not so great. I cannot remember the brands, as they change so often why bother, but what has worked best for me is to read the reviews. People are very good about being specific in their likes and dislikes of a product.
My new favorites are also from...GASP! - Walmart. They are very very soft 300 thread count 100% cotton wrinkle free. They are not exactly wrinkle free - but the closest I have ever seen and if you fold them up right out of the dryer - or put them right on the bed, they are perfect. I still iron the pillow cases, as I like the look of the crease..
aieechihuahua said:
My new favorites are also from...GASP! - Walmart. They are very very soft 300 thread count 100% cotton wrinkle free. They are not exactly wrinkle free - but the closest I have ever seen and if you fold them up right out of the dryer - or put them right on the bed, they are perfect. I still iron the pillow cases, as I like the look of the crease.
You beauty! Everyone called me nuts on here for ironing a crease into the pillowcases, they all said "we iron to get out the creases!" Someone else like me! WOO HOO!!!

My new favorites are also from...GASP! - Walmart. They are very very soft 300 thread count 100% cotton wrinkle free. They are not exactly wrinkle free - but the closest I have ever seen and if you fold them up right out of the dryer - or put them right on the bed, they are perfect. I still iron the pillow cases, as I like the look of the crease..
aieechihuahua said:
You beauty! Everyone called me nuts on here for ironing a crease into the pillowcases, they all said "we iron to get out the creases!" Someone else like me! WOO HOO!!!
LOLOL. And I'm NOT the anal one. While I just want the crease, my husband wants them seam down with the outside of the crease on opposite pillows facing forward and each pillow a mirror image of it's mate! It's what happens when you come from a career that requires precision and now all you get to do is cook, maid service and yardwork. I tell him he is crazy and if he wants them done in this fashion - he'd better do it himself. I AIN'T going there. I have aquiesed to folding the robes as he likes, but I had a lot of fun bucking that for a while. See what he has to put up with!

No wrinkles? They don't require ironing? If not, I'm impressed and will check them out!!

No wrinkles? They don't require ironing? If not, I'm impressed and will check them out!!
I have been using the Comphy sheets on my own bed. They are advertised as wrinkle-free and folded right out of the dryer I think you could get away without ironing the sheets. I personally would still iron the pillowcases, but that's me. They are a microfiber blend and feel soft. I may start adding them into my assortment and see how guests feel about them. I still personally prefer the all-cotton percale but a lot of people will like these. They have industry pricing.

I know! Minimal, minimal wrinkles... placed on the bed or folded out of the dryer.... It's the Stuido 350 thread count from JCPenney... I always iron the pillowcases...

aieechihuahua said:
LOLOL. And I'm NOT the anal one. While I just want the crease, my husband wants them seam down with the outside of the crease on opposite pillows facing forward and each pillow a mirror image of it's mate! It's what happens when you come from a career that requires precision and now all you get to do is cook, maid service and yardwork. I tell him he is crazy and if he wants them done in this fashion - he'd better do it himself. I AIN'T going there. I have aquiesed to folding the robes as he likes, but I had a lot of fun bucking that for a while. See what he has to put up with!
aieechihuahua said:
I concur.
Tell him he is normal.
smileystooges.gif

Aiee
Would those be the Canopy Simply Solids or the Canopy Wrinkle Free?

Aiee
I actually just bought a set of the canopy wrinkle free pillowcases... to test the quality... and I am not impressed. They seem rather thin. Loose hairs and threads stick to the material (super frustrating!!) and I have t-shirts that feel nicer in quality. :( Although they are some what wrinkle free... I wouldn't recommend. yuck!

I have been using the Comphy sheets on my own bed. They are advertised as wrinkle-free and folded right out of the dryer I think you could get away without ironing the sheets. I personally would still iron the pillowcases, but that's me. They are a microfiber blend and feel soft. I may start adding them into my assortment and see how guests feel about them. I still personally prefer the all-cotton percale but a lot of people will like these. They have industry pricing.
hmmm...People comment on the crisp linens here. I think I'd need to try these out for myself too.

aieechihuahua said:
aieechihuahua said:
I concur.
Tell him he is normal.
smileystooges.gif

No! I won't do it!

Aiee
I do not recall the name of these sheets, but while they are a little thinner than what I am used to using, the silkyness is worth it. I had no problem with loose threads or anything else, and they even seem to be a bit stain resistant. Time will tell...it always does with bedding. That is why I only tried one set.
All the no iron sheets I saw at the PAII conference were on the thin side too. A fellow innkeeper here uses some brand from a PAII vendor and they are so popular with the silky feel of them and all that he sells them at the inn. Hopefully he will pop in and share with us.

Back