Sheets Menu - so far...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Three of our reservations since instituting the sheets menu have come and gone. All so far have been pleased that they got to choose what they liked. We had 1 fleece, 1 cotton, and 1 microfiber.

Interesting. Keep us posted on this and let us know how it goes and if you conclude it's not worth the trouble, or well worth the trouble!

No one ordered rubber sheets?
cry_smile.gif
sorry couldn't help myself...

Interesting. Keep us posted on this and let us know how it goes and if you conclude it's not worth the trouble, or well worth the trouble!.
Now instead of making the bed when I strip it, I am just putting the duvet over it until I have someone coming in. I do not get walk-ins on the porch - my "walk-ins" are the call from the road GPS so I have time to make it before they get here. As long as I only have 1 wanting fleece or micro at a time. I only have one set of queen in each of those.

What, no silk and satin? Satin sheets are hilarious. We used to sell them. People wanted them because they were "sexy" until they slept on them and slipped and slided all night long, holding on to each other for dear life to keep from falling off the bed.

What, no silk and satin? Satin sheets are hilarious. We used to sell them. People wanted them because they were "sexy" until they slept on them and slipped and slided all night long, holding on to each other for dear life to keep from falling off the bed..
you should read the reviews of my next door neighbour's place if anyone ever thinks of satin sheets! she went a bit bonkers and bought a load and there was no end of complaints! the duvets were being chased round the floor all night every night!!

K, this sounds wonderful and I do hope it works wonders for you and your business. I would like to think it would work for me but frankly I see it as another task to keep up with (for ME).
I also see it as another possible PITA causing problem. The more choices you give some one the more they have to decide - and if it is a couple they both have to agree. Wrong choice and they will be asking to change the sheets.
If I was charging what the W charges for selection of bedding, color scheme etc...I would do this without a second thought, cause I would also have the staff to help keep everything straight.

K, this sounds wonderful and I do hope it works wonders for you and your business. I would like to think it would work for me but frankly I see it as another task to keep up with (for ME).
I also see it as another possible PITA causing problem. The more choices you give some one the more they have to decide - and if it is a couple they both have to agree. Wrong choice and they will be asking to change the sheets.
If I was charging what the W charges for selection of bedding, color scheme etc...I would do this without a second thought, cause I would also have the staff to help keep everything straight..
With just 3 rooms, it is not a problem (so far) - especially as I will now just make the bed the morning of arrival. They MUST choose in advance or it is "cook's choice". Re satin sheets - no way am I going to that expense for one thing, and there is no way I am going to try to fold a slippery worm which is what that would be. The microfiber is a silky feel. I hope they hold up.
If I had occupancy rates like most of you have, I culd not offer it. Still early. We will see how I feel about it in August.

What, no silk and satin? Satin sheets are hilarious. We used to sell them. People wanted them because they were "sexy" until they slept on them and slipped and slided all night long, holding on to each other for dear life to keep from falling off the bed..
you should read the reviews of my next door neighbour's place if anyone ever thinks of satin sheets! she went a bit bonkers and bought a load and there was no end of complaints! the duvets were being chased round the floor all night every night!!
We had an employee who took the sample set home to try. His wife was 95 lbs soaking wet. She couldn't stay on the bed. She held on to him the whole night, for fear of flying off the bed. Definitely no where near the sexy night that they wanted.

This strategy would REALLY have to increase revenues for it to be worth it. It's falls into the same category as cooking individualized breakfasts. Ain't gonna happen.
We just spent a small fortune buying new linens so that we could transition to matching linens for both our cottages.
Our choices for sheets are: 1) You take what's on the bed or go somewhere else.

This strategy would REALLY have to increase revenues for it to be worth it. It's falls into the same category as cooking individualized breakfasts. Ain't gonna happen.
We just spent a small fortune buying new linens so that we could transition to matching linens for both our cottages.
Our choices for sheets are: 1) You take what's on the bed or go somewhere else..
Think marketing hook. It is not about me the innkeeper. What my B & B experience is about is to say to the guest - it is all about YOU. That is why they get to tell me their breakfast time, what country they want their coffee from, and choose a tea from over 100 varieties, and now choose sheets. The rest of their lives, they have someone telling them what, where, when, and how - while here THEY are in control (as much as I allow anyway). Sometimes the choice does become overwhelming - but I think they appreciate that they even HAVE a choice.
You test a make of car by renting one for a trip. Now my guests have a chance to try out sheets they may be thinking of getting or have heard about - without the expense of buying them.

Back