Sheets?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Do you have plain white sheets? Colors to match the rooms? Novelty prints? Tone on tone? What's your sheet style?

Solid colors compatible to the colors of the rooms. No prints - they would clash with the flowers in the drapes in Rosi's Room although the other rooms have solid color drapes. My rooms are decorated BORE-RING!

I started off with tone on tone and then went to patterns (paisley) and now I'm on to novelty prints that match the room colors. I just found lobster sheet sets and I'm going for them! I got seashells earlier this summer.

We have plain white sheets, colors to match some rooms, novelty sheets and tone-on-tone.

I started off with tone on tone and then went to patterns (paisley) and now I'm on to novelty prints that match the room colors. I just found lobster sheet sets and I'm going for them! I got seashells earlier this summer..
With your location, that is COOL!!

A number of different sheets. The oldest sheets have patterns, but the new ones are all solid. The latest sets are white on white with embroidered monogram, but they are mostly in the box for future use. Earliest sheets are cotton/poly, new sheets are 100% cotton. We have a pair of microfiber polyester that resemble the comfy, but from Costco on clearance.
Sheets are generally from Jean-Claude Penné, Targé and Landsendé. I really like when I can get them monogrammed but Penné no longer does it.

All white Comphy.
As fellow curmudgeon Andy Rooney once said, underwear and sheets should be white.

All white Comphy.
As fellow curmudgeon Andy Rooney once said, underwear and sheets should be white..
Arkansawyer said:
All white Comphy.
As fellow curmudgeon Andy Rooney once said, underwear and sheets should be white.
Unless you have diff bed sizes, then they should be two diff colors. :)

High thread count white sheets for 3 queen beds for most of the year. From early Dec.to April we use white fleece sheets and down comforters that our guests love to snuggle in.

I had white, 100% cotton, 350 thread count. I had only one room with a King bed and I had "patterns" to distinguish them (stripe, paisley, diamond). I really like the look and feel of crisp, white bedding. I wanted to go to triple sheeting with a monogram eventually. The bedding was often commented on by the guests.

Plain white for me. I no longer try to match top sheet to pillow cases. As long as the pillow cases match each other I'm happy.
I have patterned flannels that I haven't used in a few years. Might get them out again for a switch in our coldest months.

Plain white for me. I no longer try to match top sheet to pillow cases. As long as the pillow cases match each other I'm happy.
I have patterned flannels that I haven't used in a few years. Might get them out again for a switch in our coldest months..
I just put flannels on the beds. It is supposed to get COLD here next week.

I have patterned flannels that I haven't used in a few years. Might get them out again for a switch in our coldest months..
gillumhouse said:
It's cold in northern Arkansas NOW! I wore a jacket all day and built a fire in the fireplace tonight. But it's a wonderful, beautiful fall after a HORRIBLE summer (but occupancy was higher than normal)!

White on white in white. As wrinkle free as possible. Just got my new ones from Sears. We'll see how they wash up. Fingers crossed. As always if anyone has reached the holy grail of truly no-iron, Please post.
BTW I tried part polyester percale for our vacation rental. M u c h more difficult to remove stains. I'll trade a little more time with the iron with 100% cotton over how hard it is on my hands to do some of the stain removal on the percale.
I hear what you're saying but I just can't feel what I'm doing well enough if I wear gloves.

gillumhouse said:
It's cold in northern Arkansas NOW! I wore a jacket all day and built a fire in the fireplace tonight. But it's a wonderful, beautiful fall after a HORRIBLE summer (but occupancy was higher than normal)!
we have a gas fire in the main lounge (which you can see from the street) looks really real - I always say lighitng it is part of my marketing budget! looks fab if you are walking past!

White on white in white. As wrinkle free as possible. Just got my new ones from Sears. We'll see how they wash up. Fingers crossed. As always if anyone has reached the holy grail of truly no-iron, Please post.
BTW I tried part polyester percale for our vacation rental. M u c h more difficult to remove stains. I'll trade a little more time with the iron with 100% cotton over how hard it is on my hands to do some of the stain removal on the percale.
I hear what you're saying but I just can't feel what I'm doing well enough if I wear gloves..
The weave shouldn't really have anything to do with it.
Muslin usually has a thread count of under 160 and is a loosely woven fabric, 1 over 1 under and personally, I find it close to sandpaper, even if you do use fabric softeners.
Percale has a thread count of 160 or above, tightly woven, 1 over 1 under, medium weight.
Sateen is 4 over 1 under. It should have a better sheen and be softer because of the weave.
Supima and Pima are a type of cotton, with Supima being a trademarked name licenced to mills.
Poly/Cotton usually does very well in washing, but it's always best to look for fabrics marked as stain-release or easy-care, which are chemically treated to wash well.

I hear what you're saying but I just can't feel what I'm doing well enough if I wear gloves..
Muslin usually has a thread count of under 160 and is a loosely woven fabric, 1 over 1 under and personally, I find it close to sandpaper, even if you do use fabric softeners.
Percale has a thread count of 160 or above, tightly woven, 1 over 1 under, medium weight.
Sateen is 4 over 1 under. It should have a better sheen and be softer because of the weave.
Supima and Pima are a type of cotton, with Supima being a trademarked name licenced to mills.
Poly/Cotton usually does very well in washing, but it's always best to look for fabrics marked as stain-release or easy-care, which are chemically treated to wash well.
I don't think it is the weave. It just seems that oily (lotion and the like) stains are more difficult to get out of polyester fabric. On the other hand, I have a stain release table cloth that a l w a y s comes clean, and its the one I take to fundraisers. I always expect I won't be able to get it clean, but all comes out in the wash every time. I've had that for over a decade. The problem sheets were purchased last year. Go figure.

I don't think it is the weave. It just seems that oily (lotion and the like) stains are more difficult to get out of polyester fabric. On the other hand, I have a stain release table cloth that a l w a y s comes clean, and its the one I take to fundraisers. I always expect I won't be able to get it clean, but all comes out in the wash every time. I've had that for over a decade. The problem sheets were purchased last year. Go figure.
Most of my sheets are poly-cotton because every stinkin' 100% cotton sheet I've bought has needed ironing!

Back