Sheets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
I need to start looking for new sheets, and I notice that the company from whom I've been buying online for the ast six years has gone to towels only...no more sheets. Theirs were the best I'd found and very affordable at just $25.00 per queen set....oh well.
Does anyone have suggestions for nice white sheets that don't wrinkle too much, but won't force me to take a third mortgage out on the house to buy?

What's your price range?
Can you hold off until Christmas? Last year Wal-Mart had 400 TC sheet sets for $20. I picked up a set and wish I got more... very soft and surprisingly well made.

If you have a Home Goods (Marshall's, TJMAxx) near you they are $24.99 for a nice, crisp, white with a lace edge.

Ebay!!! Love to shop on Ebay. Many places will ship for free too!
thumbs_up.gif

We stocked up when Linens & Things was going under, but also have had good luck at TJ Maxx, Ross and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
We're so small that we just have never found the need to use a "supplier"
"Her Royal Highness" here seems to spend a lot of time on Overstock.com but with very little toshow for it in purchases. So I'm assuming the quality and price isn't up to snuff.

What's your price range?
Can you hold off until Christmas? Last year Wal-Mart had 400 TC sheet sets for $20. I picked up a set and wish I got more... very soft and surprisingly well made..
Mr.Design said:
What's your price range?
Can you hold off until Christmas? Last year Wal-Mart had 400 TC sheet sets for $20. I picked up a set and wish I got more... very soft and surprisingly well made.
At our WM they were 500 TC.... on Black Friday.... gone by 5:20 a.m. (when I got to them and took everything that was left!). I love them! They wrinkle a little, but not bad, and are almost satiny. And at $20 for a king-sized set, if they get messed up it won't break my heart so much!
=)
Kk.

Okay -price alert- What is the average price folks spend on sheets?
We spend a little more on a particular 400 tc 100% single ply sheet from Macys because it does not wrinkle and has saved us many times the cost in ironing, It has a damask pattern and is less likely to be a sheet guests have at home, which makes it seem special to them, and it comes in many colors that mix and match well with the color themes in our four rooms, giving us more flexibility with pillow cases. Whenever they go on the super big sale or closeout, we can pick them up about half price.

We spend a little more on a particular 400 tc 100% single ply sheet from Macys because it does not wrinkle and has saved us many times the cost in ironing, It has a damask pattern and is less likely to be a sheet guests have at home, which makes it seem special to them, and it comes in many colors that mix and match well with the color themes in our four rooms, giving us more flexibility with pillow cases. Whenever they go on the super big sale or closeout, we can pick them up about half price..
Average price for queen sheets has been around $50/set. I've hit some sales and gotten king sets for $30.

We spend a little more on a particular 400 tc 100% single ply sheet from Macys because it does not wrinkle and has saved us many times the cost in ironing, It has a damask pattern and is less likely to be a sheet guests have at home, which makes it seem special to them, and it comes in many colors that mix and match well with the color themes in our four rooms, giving us more flexibility with pillow cases. Whenever they go on the super big sale or closeout, we can pick them up about half price..
knkbnb said:
We spend a little more on a particular 400 tc 100% single ply sheet from Macys because it does not wrinkle and has saved us many times the cost in ironing, It has a damask pattern and is less likely to be a sheet guests have at home, which makes it seem special to them, and it comes in many colors that mix and match well with the color themes in our four rooms, giving us more flexibility with pillow cases. Whenever they go on the super big sale or closeout, we can pick them up about half price.
So, when you "sped a little more," how much is that?
I'm as frugal as the day is long... $20 last Thanksgiving for awesome sheets. $2-3 at yard sales (and yes, I've gotten good ones, but they do wrinkle). Otherwise if I can find something in the $30 range I'm highly interested.
=)
Kk.

I just came across a company when searching for Duvet Covers.
www.softlinens.com
I am very happy with the quality ( 5 pc. set, 300 count for $69.00)
They aslo have very reasonable sheet sets and towels.
What also made me very happy is that it only took 3 days to get my order to me and no extra fees since we live in Alaska !!! Definately a winner in my book.

knkbnb said:
So, when you "sped a little more," how much is that?
I'm as frugal as the day is long... $20 last Thanksgiving for awesome sheets. $2-3 at yard sales (and yes, I've gotten good ones, but they do wrinkle). Otherwise if I can find something in the $30 range I'm highly interested.
=)
Kk.
We tried to go the bargain route but because we have a cal-king bed and a daybed with a pullout twin in 3 rooms and two queens and a daybed in another, we had to find something that came in different sizes, was readily available, was premium quality, and did not require an iron. Our first sheets when we opened were really nice but we replaced them as soon as we could afford to because of the ironing. The ones we have now hold up great with no pilling, they keep there vibrant colors, and our guests regularly comment on how comfortable our beds are. We have found them for as low as $50 for the cal-king, but mostly we have got them on sale for $80, which is half price. The twins are not expensive on sale.

I use Charisma sheets. They are really expensive but with only 3 rooms it doesn't break the bank and I've found that they last for years. The only problem is that I do have to iron them. You can find them on www.innstyle.com. They offer discounts to B&B's and inns and they have a plethora of products from which to choose.

I am 'test-driving' a set of Comphy sheets now on my own bed. They are not cheap, although the prices are not bad if they last, and they have wholesale prices for innkeepers. They are pretty unwrinkled out of the dryer, and I am fussy about that. My only problem with them is that they are a satiny kind of microfiber and I personally prefer cotton percale. But I may try them on some regular guests this summer and get some feedback. They would pay for themselves in saved laundry bills if I didn't have to send the sheets out.

They had samples at the WV conference, but no sales rep. The sales rep for this area mailed a fabric swatch and the offer of a trial set of linens, so I took them up on it. I think I would still press the pillowcases, but only the pillowcases. I'm going to put them through the laundry again to see how it goes. I should probably try a coffee or red wine spot to, to see how stains come out.

I am 'test-driving' a set of Comphy sheets now on my own bed. They are not cheap, although the prices are not bad if they last, and they have wholesale prices for innkeepers. They are pretty unwrinkled out of the dryer, and I am fussy about that. My only problem with them is that they are a satiny kind of microfiber and I personally prefer cotton percale. But I may try them on some regular guests this summer and get some feedback. They would pay for themselves in saved laundry bills if I didn't have to send the sheets out..
Did you see these at a conference? Their website would NOT make me want to even try them. UGH! They sound like the ones I bought from J,.C. Penney. They worked real well and were relatively wrinkle free if you take them right out of the dryer..though I did press the pillow cases.
GOsh...i see they now even have reviews of sheets here! I did not have any of the problems some express there. I still use mine and they are still satisfactory after 3 years.

We bought our sheets at Target. 400TC wrinkle resistant about $50.00/QN set
We like them a lot. We line dry them and they smooth right out on the beds with absolutely no ironing.

Does anyone use cotton jersey sheets in their guestrooms? I bought some for my bed, and absolutely love them. The all-around elastic keeps them on perfectly, and even keeps my featherbed in place and fluffy longer (that would mean less work in the guestrooms for me with stayovers)
Super soft and wash nicely, although take longer to dry than regular sheets. I haven't slept so well in years as I have the last couple of months.

JCPenney has a nice set of 'wrinkle-free' sheets. They are their Studio collection. 350 thread count. I bought them about a year ago and they have held up really, really well. The have a subtle sheen to them and they are anything but thin. Which, for me, is a positive. Out of all the sheets I bought they are the best. Also, compared to other sheets they honestly don't wrinkle. I did just get a new set and the seem to wrinkle more than the ones I bought a year ago... but maybe they just need washed a couple more times.

JCPenney has a nice set of 'wrinkle-free' sheets. They are their Studio collection. 350 thread count. I bought them about a year ago and they have held up really, really well. The have a subtle sheen to them and they are anything but thin. Which, for me, is a positive. Out of all the sheets I bought they are the best. Also, compared to other sheets they honestly don't wrinkle. I did just get a new set and the seem to wrinkle more than the ones I bought a year ago... but maybe they just need washed a couple more times..
prince charming said:
JCPenney has a nice set of 'wrinkle-free' sheets. They are their Studio collection. 350 thread count. I bought them about a year ago and they have held up really, really well. The have a subtle sheen to them and they are anything but thin. Which, for me, is a positive. Out of all the sheets I bought they are the best. Also, compared to other sheets they honestly don't wrinkle. I did just get a new set and the seem to wrinkle more than the ones I bought a year ago... but maybe they just need washed a couple more times.
Are they a patterned sheet or solid?
Do any of you buy patterned sheets? I want to get them and always end up with solid colors that can show stains over time. My patterned sheets tend to be the ones that last longer as I don't pull them do to stains. I have a favorite set of off white that are not done...boo hoo hate it when the king sets go as they cost so much.

JCPenney has a nice set of 'wrinkle-free' sheets. They are their Studio collection. 350 thread count. I bought them about a year ago and they have held up really, really well. The have a subtle sheen to them and they are anything but thin. Which, for me, is a positive. Out of all the sheets I bought they are the best. Also, compared to other sheets they honestly don't wrinkle. I did just get a new set and the seem to wrinkle more than the ones I bought a year ago... but maybe they just need washed a couple more times..
prince charming said:
Do any of you buy patterned sheets? I want to get them and always end up with solid colors that can show stains over time. My patterned sheets tend to be the ones that last longer as I don't pull them do to stains. I have a favorite set of off white that are not done...boo hoo hate it when the king sets go as they cost so much.
Joe Bloggs said:
prince charming said:
They are solid. I do all white. But they've lasted me over a year... which is great. I think.
I am thinking about doing triple sheeting... I would love to be able to buy just flat sheets with patterns. If anyone has suggestions.

Back