Shirts or polos with logo

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
I am really regretting not having those right now. I am totally with those of you who do not want a uniform. I do not want to wear the same thing everyday or give too much a "look" to our clientele. I think that is part of the fun of a B&B. You are in our homes versus a hotel. But when their are big press events etc. it would be nice to have a something with our logo to wear out and about. Definitely going to get some now that the horse is out of the barn already.

I have polos with Gillum House and my logo and aprons also with it filling the bib area. I feel it gives me the professional look and when go to the store I can use the apron pockets a a purse. I have had people ask about the B & B (I never realized we had a B & B in town,,,,) and guests have purchased both the shirts and the aprons.

Excellent point on that one. Even a hat with your logo! Or a mug. You could stand there drinking coffee.
I actually would like to have some denim shirts with our logo. We don't actually have a logo, but that would make me have to have one designed for us.

Excellent point on that one. Even a hat with your logo! Or a mug. You could stand there drinking coffee.
I actually would like to have some denim shirts with our logo. We don't actually have a logo, but that would make me have to have one designed for us..
DH bought a couple denim shirts and instead of having our logo stiched on them, he had the name of our b&b, then under it 'STAFF'

I think just the name with the city under it or something. Keep it simple. I like the idea of just wearing it to dinner or McDonalds or whatever as it is pretty simple and effective for advertising in the town.

We think that we will bring that up to our new boss when we get to the new assignment since its a little more on the "preppy" side of things a polo with the Inns name would be good or an apron like K said-I like the apron approach since it usable in the Inn and a polo outside the Inn for advertisement...we shall see what owner things about that.

I had some polo's done for DH as he cooks and got sick to death of trying to sort him something out to wear on a morning while half asleeep therefor he has about 10 of them all the same looks smart and saves me faffing about on a morning. Have regular t-shirts for the housekeeper that say housekeeping under a small random vistaprint logo thought it would be best if she is in rooms etc they know she is staff.

hand print or computer print your place's name in
BIG BLOCK LETTERS
on heavy card stock and tape them to the front of plain baseball caps ... fold the tape over (duct tape is nice and strong) so it's double sided
see how that looks
hey ... it's last minute, right?
i used to wear my apron to run over to the general store that had the name on it. amazing the number of people who
1. assumed i worked at the general store or
2. said ... there's a b&b around here?

And I get my shirts, aprons, lunch bags, etc printed at the sheltered workshop. The prices are the best, the work is excellent, and I get the "feel good" of helping the handicapped WORK! No one is more proud of a paycheck than they are!

LLBean and Land's End with embroider shirts... but just 10 character max. Not really enough.
I've been thinking of making some T-Shirts for the business to sell. Do guests actually buy souvenir T-Shirts or do you give them away? What sizes do you stock, usually?

LLBean and Land's End with embroider shirts... but just 10 character max. Not really enough.
I've been thinking of making some T-Shirts for the business to sell. Do guests actually buy souvenir T-Shirts or do you give them away? What sizes do you stock, usually?.
I have lost a few sales lately because my t-shirt and polo shirts stock is down. I had calls for medium and XL and all I have left is L. I had in my last order 2-small; 2-medium; 4-large; 4-XL. I used to have rail-trail shirsts also but those are down to 1 large and i am trying to decide whether to get some more. Those were by a different supplier who went out of business.

I've been thinking of making some T-Shirts for the business to sell. Do guests actually buy souvenir T-Shirts or do you give them away? What sizes do you stock, usually?.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I've been thinking of making some T-Shirts for the business to sell. Do guests actually buy souvenir T-Shirts or do you give them away? What sizes do you stock, usually?
We have logo polo shirts that we wear, but have never had anyone ask to buy one. I do have a logo ball cap that several have asked about, but unless you are in a touristy area and associated with a tourist attraction, I can't believe anyone would want a souvenir anything.
I know that's not the case and that people actually do sell such items, but you're gambling that you're not going to be stuck with a pile of T-shirts that no one wants. I might do T-shirts if I could come up with a good design: something clever or attractive.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
We have logo polo shirts that we wear, but have never had anyone ask to buy one. I do have a logo ball cap that several have asked about, but unless you are in a touristy area and associated with a tourist attraction, I can't believe anyone would want a souvenir anything.
I know that's not the case and that people actually do sell such items, but you're gambling that you're not going to be stuck with a pile of T-shirts that no one wants. I might do T-shirts if I could come up with a good design: something clever or attractive.
I figure worst case scenario, I used them as a special promo and give them away as a souvenir, if they don't sell.

The risk reward is probably pretty good. You can add them to those free auction gifts or as gifts for booking two nights or something. I also like the idea fo giving them to any staff or workers about the property as if they ever use them it is good for us.

We have logo t-shirts, sweatshirts, aprons & ball caps. The t-shirts are pretty fast sellers. I buy M, L, XL & XXL. We offer them in 2 colors. The Large are the first to go. Right now all I have left are 2 med and 1 large. We sell the t for $14 and the sweatshirt for $28
When I re-order the sweatshirts, I want to get hoodies. I think they would sell quicker in the Pacific NW because nobody here uses umbrellas unless they're tourists.
Aprons rarely sell, but I still carry them so that I have a fresh supply for myself and I give them away when I have someone attended my individualized aspiring innkeeper seminar.
The hats I've gotten free from vistaprint. When I do the 'free" orders, most of the time a hat is listed in the free merchandise. I just have it embroidered with the name of the b&b. Again, a great giveaway. I've also gotten their 'free' tote bag I've personalized. It's another free giveaway I'll periodically give to a return loyal guest.
We also have pens, mugs, wine glasses & champagne flutes with our logo/name and my homemade cookbook. The mugs are very simple and very cheap.
When you add up our merchandise, romance packages and add-on picnic basket & meals, we've been able to increase our revenue so far this year by $9,000. That number is higher for us this year because we've been able to offer add-on dinners, but in the past it was not uncommon to see about $4,000 in revenue just on the other items.
A friend of mine has created a great little gift shop at her inn and really has stocked a lot of local artist's items (jewlery, soaps, pottery, etc) and sells a lot! I know that places located in cities have a little tougher time selling since there are so many stores your guests go to, but if you're able to stock small things your guests can bring back to family as a gift, they tend to buy it from you because it's easy.

We have logo t-shirts, sweatshirts, aprons & ball caps. The t-shirts are pretty fast sellers. I buy M, L, XL & XXL. We offer them in 2 colors. The Large are the first to go. Right now all I have left are 2 med and 1 large. We sell the t for $14 and the sweatshirt for $28
When I re-order the sweatshirts, I want to get hoodies. I think they would sell quicker in the Pacific NW because nobody here uses umbrellas unless they're tourists.
Aprons rarely sell, but I still carry them so that I have a fresh supply for myself and I give them away when I have someone attended my individualized aspiring innkeeper seminar.
The hats I've gotten free from vistaprint. When I do the 'free" orders, most of the time a hat is listed in the free merchandise. I just have it embroidered with the name of the b&b. Again, a great giveaway. I've also gotten their 'free' tote bag I've personalized. It's another free giveaway I'll periodically give to a return loyal guest.
We also have pens, mugs, wine glasses & champagne flutes with our logo/name and my homemade cookbook. The mugs are very simple and very cheap.
When you add up our merchandise, romance packages and add-on picnic basket & meals, we've been able to increase our revenue so far this year by $9,000. That number is higher for us this year because we've been able to offer add-on dinners, but in the past it was not uncommon to see about $4,000 in revenue just on the other items.
A friend of mine has created a great little gift shop at her inn and really has stocked a lot of local artist's items (jewlery, soaps, pottery, etc) and sells a lot! I know that places located in cities have a little tougher time selling since there are so many stores your guests go to, but if you're able to stock small things your guests can bring back to family as a gift, they tend to buy it from you because it's easy.
I never get an offer of free hat at Vista. A lone pen maybe. Hmmm...
We have ZERO sales here for anything we've tried. I think you hit it...tons of stores, no need to buy something 'local' at the B&B. I have a rotating art gallery in the dining room. Zip on sales for that, too. Mugs get stolen. Still.

I never get an offer of free hat at Vista. A lone pen maybe. Hmmm...
We have ZERO sales here for anything we've tried. I think you hit it...tons of stores, no need to buy something 'local' at the B&B. I have a rotating art gallery in the dining room. Zip on sales for that, too. Mugs get stolen. Still.
the only thing we seem to get stolen is non slip bath mats which is super weird.

We give the mugs aways as gift for a two night stay. We offer three things and the mugs are number one addly enough.

Back