Shish boom bah!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
We are up $755 in revenue for October over last October! I couldn't stand it, I had to run some reports before I could go to sleep tonight. We had guests every night in Oct except Monday October 20th (which was still work induced after a full house check out)
Considering we had cancellations due to the furloughs and National Park closures, this is awesome.

You made me look! For October we are down by about $300 - a lot of October was blocked for my handy daughter to do maintenance, us to take my bd trip, and the Governor's Conference. BUT as of this minute, we are UP $1500 over all of 2012. Yippee! Only things still on the books are my Vets freebies and a timekeeper for the Turkey Trot (also free - I am a sponsor). Still time for a phone call here and there.
I am so very happy for you. You work SO freakin' hard!! May each of the remaining months beat the heck out of previous years!

Congrats to all. I'm VERY happy with my production since opening in June. I really can't believe it. I've already had several repeat guests!

Congrats to all. I'm VERY happy with my production since opening in June. I really can't believe it. I've already had several repeat guests!.
Arkansawyer said:
Congrats to all. I'm VERY happy with my production since opening in June. I really can't believe it. I've already had several repeat guests!
I would expect nothing less! Can't wait to be in Arkansas in Dec.
thumbs_up.gif
even for a blink of an eye stay...

Congratulations!!! It must feel soooo good to be rewarded for all the hard work you put in. Not to mention the time you spend on marketing and keeping all of us on our toes
thumbs_up.gif
!

Up by $3k. Raised prices this year by $10/room..
Now if you could only figure out how to screen the PITAs...maybe we should put a gate at the southern end of your state as checkpoint where all the slobs, ingrates and fussy princesses could be weeded out!
Still, going up $10 was a smart move and I bet not one of your guests was deterred in the least by the small increase.

Now if you could only figure out how to screen the PITAs...maybe we should put a gate at the southern end of your state as checkpoint where all the slobs, ingrates and fussy princesses could be weeded out!
Still, going up $10 was a smart move and I bet not one of your guests was deterred in the least by the small increase.
Silverspoon said:
In a related 'smart' move, I lowered the price of the detached bath so there is now a substantial diff in price. That helped get that room booked almost 100%. And meant it was not the wallflower every day for walk-ins.

Silverspoon said:
In a related 'smart' move, I lowered the price of the detached bath so there is now a substantial diff in price. That helped get that room booked almost 100%. And meant it was not the wallflower every day for walk-ins.
Good move! I think price helps guests to distinguish the level of amenities, amount of privacy and space they will receive. As we know they do not always read about the details of the accommodation on the site before booking, but most people "get" that a lower rate probably means less space, privacy or luxury.
I have a $50/night difference in rates between the 2 suites and between the large suite and the cottage based on space, privacy and luxury. Those that want a "bargain" take the small suite with bath at the end of the private hall (hall is part of the private space of the suite but means that the bath is detached from the bedroom). On the other hand, those looking for the ocean view, kitchen, private living room, private patio, fireplace etc. pay the extra $$ for the cottage. And those who want the luxury but do not need all the space of the cottage are happy to pay for the large suite.

Congrats JB and to all who had an increase in $$!!! I haven't checked yet, so I'll give an update when I do and hope it's in the + and not - catagory. Bookings have been very strange here the last year & a half.
UPDATE: Good news and bad news (the story of my life!)
This Oct. was up close to $1,800, but bad news is that YTD we're down $1,500
Last year we took a big drop down, so even though it's only $1,500 difference, biz is still down. grrrr...this stuff drives me crazy!

Congrats JB and to all who had an increase in $$!!! I haven't checked yet, so I'll give an update when I do and hope it's in the + and not - catagory. Bookings have been very strange here the last year & a half.
Last year we took a big drop down, so even though it's only $1,500 difference, biz is still down. grrrr...this stuff drives me crazy!.
Overall we're up as of right now. We still have 2 months to get thru and they are the hardest. We're in striking distance of meeting Nov last year and we don't really have any bookings yet for the busiest weekend. I am hanging on to the 2 night min as long as possible. I hate check-ins on T-Day who just leave the next day. No time to enjoy my turkey! (And, this year, my birthday!)

Last year we took a big drop down, so even though it's only $1,500 difference, biz is still down. grrrr...this stuff drives me crazy!.
Overall we're up as of right now. We still have 2 months to get thru and they are the hardest. We're in striking distance of meeting Nov last year and we don't really have any bookings yet for the busiest weekend. I am hanging on to the 2 night min as long as possible. I hate check-ins on T-Day who just leave the next day. No time to enjoy my turkey! (And, this year, my birthday!)
Madeleine said:
How about doing a self check-in for Thanksgiving? I can't imagine guests would have a problem with you spending time with your family. I've done self check-in (told them in advance) and there are 2 nights in the entire year they can not order our room service dinner. Thanksgiving and Christmas.

October was our best month ever! Up over $1,800 from last year. But overall the year has been up and down and we're a bit off from last year. Hopefully we can make it up in Nov. and Dec. but they are traditionally slow months for us and this year that feels o.k. I am beat! :)

Madeleine said:
How about doing a self check-in for Thanksgiving? I can't imagine guests would have a problem with you spending time with your family. I've done self check-in (told them in advance) and there are 2 nights in the entire year they can not order our room service dinner. Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
Good idea. I forget this every year! No family, just us. I'll be seeing one daughter the weekend before and possibly, miracle of miracles, her brother might come, too. The other daughter has a big bash with her husband's family every year.

Great news to all that are feeling good over '12. Have not checking our books yet but my fingers are crossed that all these groups of late and elopements this year will have boosted our revenue.

I'm just going back over the actual reservations and finding that we were giving huge discounts to walk-ins in Oct and we still came out ahead.

Back