Shopping for chairs again...still

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
What do you think of this chair? They would go in a guestroom in front of the fireplace. They look comfy enough. Right now I have wing chairs in that room. Those would go into another room. Yes, you got it...musical chairs...

Sorry I don't like the two tone effect. I would rather have all leather or all fabric.:-(
you asked:)

Yes, I would have to agree with Catlady. It just looks too uneven to me.

Not a nice-looking chair at all imho. Placing the leather at the front and sides only is strange to me.

It's looking like I have to go shopping locally. The chairs I want (the same ones I have) are from JCP. I cannot ship to the store so the shipping on the chairs is $100/each. Sorry, not paying for 3 chairs when I only want 2.
Odd, tho, that I really like the look everyone else seems not to like!

It's looking like I have to go shopping locally. The chairs I want (the same ones I have) are from JCP. I cannot ship to the store so the shipping on the chairs is $100/each. Sorry, not paying for 3 chairs when I only want 2.
Odd, tho, that I really like the look everyone else seems not to like!.
Who cares if we like it? It is your inn!

Odd, tho, that I really like the look everyone else seems not to like!.
Who cares if we like it? It is your inn!
Oh, I know, it's just interesting to get opinions. Obviously, lots of different people come here. And I don't get to sit in these chairs so it's good to know what other people think!

The ultimate innkeepers chair - washable covers click here not the best looking but for an accent chair not bad for the price..
I saw those, too. Was going to ask my SIL to take a look at them (sit on them, etc) when she was at Ikea getting my juice glasses. She went before I knew she was going. Ditto on the Ikea chairs as with JCP...shipping thru the roof and the closest one is 2 hours away.
Btw, my glasses that I got? 3 of them are chipped, so unusable. Purchased in NJ. I'm not going all that way to return them. I'll make planters out of them...
Oh, and I can't remember the thread about Dennys but I ordered dinner last night and they didn't have the cranberries that were supposed to be in the sauce. They ASKED if I still wanted the whole meal before placing the order. You can get service some places. Don't dispair...

I like the look of the chair. I like that it has fabric as well as the leather. I hate sitting on leather furniture with shorts on! The only thing is, will it fit into the style of your rooms?

I don't have a problem with the look of the chair but it is definitely not the right style for the decor of your rooms as they are now. If you're going to re-do those rooms, that's a different story. It's too bulky looking for most of your more pastel colors as well. There are some other chairs on the Overstock site that might work. I don't know your price point or color you're going for but something like this might be better.
You have much more of a country/traditional look going with your quilts and other pieces.

If I'm remembering your guest room decor correctly they are mostly pastel florals? This chair is more of a masculine chair in disguise. I could see these chairs in front of a fireplace in a den though.

The ultimate innkeepers chair - washable covers click here not the best looking but for an accent chair not bad for the price..
I have that exact chair which I purchased way back in 1970.:)
But it is ugly gold velvet!!!! I need a better slipcover than what I have on it. Maybe I should see if I can just get a slip cover from Ikea

I don't have a problem with the look of the chair but it is definitely not the right style for the decor of your rooms as they are now. If you're going to re-do those rooms, that's a different story. It's too bulky looking for most of your more pastel colors as well. There are some other chairs on the Overstock site that might work. I don't know your price point or color you're going for but something like this might be better.
You have much more of a country/traditional look going with your quilts and other pieces..
Absolutely LOVE that chair, can't afford it, tho. I need 2 of them.

If I'm remembering your guest room decor correctly they are mostly pastel florals? This chair is more of a masculine chair in disguise. I could see these chairs in front of a fireplace in a den though..
It's because I have been living with the 80's pastel (pink and turquoise) floral wallpaper in my own space, with my red and taupe furniture that I can no longer 'see' what doesn't look right! It's come to this. My taste is gone...killed by pastel wallpaper...

If I'm remembering your guest room decor correctly they are mostly pastel florals? This chair is more of a masculine chair in disguise. I could see these chairs in front of a fireplace in a den though..
It's because I have been living with the 80's pastel (pink and turquoise) floral wallpaper in my own space, with my red and taupe furniture that I can no longer 'see' what doesn't look right! It's come to this. My taste is gone...killed by pastel wallpaper...
Bree said:
If I lived closer to you I would come over and help you remove that offending wallpaper!
regular_smile.gif

I saw those, too. Was going to ask my SIL to take a look at them (sit on them, etc) when she was at Ikea getting my juice glasses. She went before I knew she was going. Ditto on the Ikea chairs as with JCP...shipping thru the roof and the closest one is 2 hours away.
Btw, my glasses that I got? 3 of them are chipped, so unusable. Purchased in NJ. I'm not going all that way to return them. I'll make planters out of them...
Oh, and I can't remember the thread about Dennys but I ordered dinner last night and they didn't have the cranberries that were supposed to be in the sauce. They ASKED if I still wanted the whole meal before placing the order. You can get service some places. Don't dispair...
You might be able to get free shipping to your door for JC Penny using freeshipping.org
not sure though.

You might be able to get free shipping to your door for JC Penny using freeshipping.org
not sure though.
Thanks for that link! Unfortunately, doesn't apply to truck orders, which this would be. But that's a great site! I called JCP and it's $143 to ship 2 chairs and an ottoman. That's just too much. Even if I use the coupon for 20% off the items, that's not enough to cover the shipping. (Altho it puts a nice dent in it!)

You have much more of a country/traditional look going with your quilts and other pieces..
Absolutely LOVE that chair, can't afford it, tho. I need 2 of them.
Look around for a similar chair for a much lower price. It's the style that I was shooting for, not price point :)

Death by Pastel Wallpaper. I agree with everyone else. The chairs are not right. The nails are too much. IMHO the chair looks like it had a problem and had to be patched. It also did not look comfortable.

Back