short sheeted and not happy!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well ... i don't know about the memory foam ... and why sizing is not made to match up to the mattress ... that's just silly.
jb, really!?
regular_smile.gif
it's sounds like such a small issue, but it was not a nice night's sleep having the sheets all bunched up and i was alone ...
and i don't twist the night away in my sleep. ha!
it was on cape cod and i am letting it go. (no review)
but i am not recommending her place and WON'T be sending them to her. really, all she had to say was 'i'm sorry .. i will look into it'. i'm giving her the benefit of the doubt but why pull an attitude?
if she has staff, which i believe she does, then they need to be told to check the sheet sizes. a royal pain, but important. and they should be marking the sheets for size (we've talked about this on forum a lot)
if it was a mixup, you know darn well when you're making the bed that the sheets are not fitting.
if she's got the wrong size linens, then she's in for a big problem going into the busy season in two weeks! this place was not inexpensive..
Sometimes innkeepers are just cranky...
We were asked once, "How was your room & everything?" one morning after breakfast. No other guests around and we quietly said, "Well, since you asked...we had no hot water for our showers this morning!" Innkeeper says: "That has NEVER happened before!! I'm sure there's some mistake."
I didn't know that cold water was a mistake...
I have a 30 gallon tank and on several occasions I have ha 2 guests who drained all the hot water with showers. It is gas so it does reheat rather quickly - but not quickly enough!
This was a large place with a set breakfast time, so you'd think that they would have the hot water issue nailed down. Our second house had 3 hot water heaters for the 3 rooms with large tubs + showers and one of them is a 60 gallon! We have two here and one is for the upstairs only...it is quite large for 2 or 3 rooms. You have to plan...
Plus, the point was that we had very cold showers. We weren't lying! I suspect no one had ever said anything before.
I did not doubt you - I was referring to her answer - pure BS!!

well ... i don't know about the memory foam ... and why sizing is not made to match up to the mattress ... that's just silly.
jb, really!?
regular_smile.gif
it's sounds like such a small issue, but it was not a nice night's sleep having the sheets all bunched up and i was alone ...
but i am not recommending her place and WON'T be sending them to her. really, all she had to say was 'i'm sorry .. i will look into it'. i'm giving her the benefit of the doubt but why pull an attitude?
if she has staff, which i believe she does, then they need to be told to check the sheet sizes. a royal pain, but important. and they should be marking the sheets for size (we've talked about this on forum a lot)
if it was a mixup, you know darn well when you're making the bed that the sheets are not fitting.
if she's got the wrong size linens, then she's in for a big problem going into the busy season in two weeks! this place was not inexpensive..
We were asked once, "How was your room & everything?" one morning after breakfast. No other guests around and we quietly said, "Well, since you asked...we had no hot water for our showers this morning!" Innkeeper says: "That has NEVER happened before!! I'm sure there's some mistake."
I have a 30 gallon tank and on several occasions I have ha 2 guests who drained all the hot water with showers. It is gas so it does reheat rather quickly - but not quickly enough!
This was a large place with a set breakfast time, so you'd think that they would have the hot water issue nailed down. Our second house had 3 hot water heaters for the 3 rooms with large tubs + showers and one of them is a 60 gallon! We have two here and one is for the upstairs only...it is quite large for 2 or 3 rooms. You have to plan...
Plus, the point was that we had very cold showers. We weren't lying! I suspect no one had ever said anything before.
I did not doubt you - I was referring to her answer - pure BS!!
OK...sorry...
embaressed_smile.gif

jb, really!?
regular_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
Next time you have to replace, go with the on-demand hot water heaters. Here in Arkansas the power companies even give a rebate of several hundred dollars if you install them. I love mine, for two reasons. They heat water as fast as it's used, so you cannot run out, ever, and they don't keep a huge reservoir of water hot all the time. That's especially valuable for times when there are no guests and you don't need a tank of water hot and ready to go, 24 hours/day.

jb, really!?
regular_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
Next time you have to replace, go with the on-demand hot water heaters. Here in Arkansas the power companies even give a rebate of several hundred dollars if you install them. I love mine, for two reasons. They heat water as fast as it's used, so you cannot run out, ever, and they don't keep a huge reservoir of water hot all the time. That's especially valuable for times when there are no guests and you don't need a tank of water hot and ready to go, 24 hours/day.
I would need 3 of them - one for each bathroom and one for us downstairs.

You can get them that will serve a whole house, though I got one for each apartment because some day when I'm old and gray I may need to lease these to local people and I want them to pay their own utilities.
Ooops! I'm already old and gray. But I figure I can do this 30 more years before having to hand it over to somebody else!
Wonder if SWIRT will still be hosting us in 30 years. Or 5. We'll manage...

jb, really!?
regular_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Generally, the new ones are good for 3-4 'draws'. So 4 bathrooms or 3 bathrooms and a washer. We have 8 bathrooms and 2 washing machines + the dishwasher and we would need 4 of them. You might get away with 1 depending on general occ.

jb, really!?
regular_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
Can't be used up here unless you vent externally. Our water is too cold out of the tap to heat it quickly enough.
We use an indirect-fired water heater. Essentially, our furnace heats a coil that heats the water. No moving parts, other than the water and the tank is guaranteed for a lifetime. We have enough hot water for 10 apartments and we only have half as many rooms.

jb, really!?
regular_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
Can't be used up here unless you vent externally. Our water is too cold out of the tap to heat it quickly enough.
We use an indirect-fired water heater. Essentially, our furnace heats a coil that heats the water. No moving parts, other than the water and the tank is guaranteed for a lifetime. We have enough hot water for 10 apartments and we only have half as many rooms.
Ours would need to be vented outside as well.

I thought they all had to be vented to the outside, at least the gas ones. I guess there are also electric ones, but that would be expensive!

We have 7 50 gallon hot water heaters. All electric (no gas available here). We're now on our second round of replacing them $$$. We looked into the on demand system, but were told no matter what we did it could not keep up with the volume we need with the big tubs we have. Oh well ...
sad_smile.gif

I can't believe that those innkeepers never heard about the lack of hot water before you said something, unless their water heater was failing.

We have 7 50 gallon hot water heaters. All electric (no gas available here). We're now on our second round of replacing them $$$. We looked into the on demand system, but were told no matter what we did it could not keep up with the volume we need with the big tubs we have. Oh well ...
sad_smile.gif

I can't believe that those innkeepers never heard about the lack of hot water before you said something, unless their water heater was failing..
I was thinking about these several years ago - ok more than I thought as it was when doing the new bathrooms in 2006 - and an insurance man here in town had me turn on the hot water in the bathroom at his office to see how hot it did not get. He said it was turned up all the way. That is why I did nit get one en each bathroom upstairs at that time. I am sure they have been improved, but it is too late now.

There is absolutely no excuse for the short sheets or, most of all, the attitude. (And of course I am dying to know where you stayed ....give me a hint :) Write the review

Back