Shortbread Candy Corn Kissed Brownies

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you seen these kisses anywhere???? Candy corn is my downfall this time of year!!!

I have, I think at Kroger, never really paid attention to them, now I will! I am heading there right now for some supplies so might check and see if they are there. Wonder if they TASTE like candy corn or only look like them? Will find out! I don't put out reg candy corn as I want "common candy" to be wrapped, but these are wrapped! I have the peanut butter Dove individ in the rooms now as they are ORANGE for fall.

This looks so good and I don't even care for candy corn!
rolleyes.gif

I wanted to see if I could find out what these tasted like so I googled them, Found out you could buy a bag at amazon from a seller for $6.49 and $5.98 shipping...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I also found a candy blog and she states this:
"While I enjoy candy corn that has a slight honey or caramelized sugar taste to it, these go for the buttered corn flavor. I know that the Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly is one of the most popular, but it’s never floated by boat. Same with this one ... a little caramely white chocolate would have made me very happy. This doesn’t. The fake butter just turns my stomach when I smell it. If I don’t smell it, then they’re not bad, not too sweet with a light little hit of salt. "

I wanted to see if I could find out what these tasted like so I googled them, Found out you could buy a bag at amazon from a seller for $6.49 and $5.98 shipping...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I also found a candy blog and she states this:
"While I enjoy candy corn that has a slight honey or caramelized sugar taste to it, these go for the buttered corn flavor. I know that the Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly is one of the most popular, but it’s never floated by boat. Same with this one ... a little caramely white chocolate would have made me very happy. This doesn’t. The fake butter just turns my stomach when I smell it. If I don’t smell it, then they’re not bad, not too sweet with a light little hit of salt. ".
Mmmmm....I'll pass. I don't recall being the kind of child that could not allow the peas to touch the potatoes, but I am the kind of adult who likes my candy corn in a bowl, my brownies on a platter, and my shortbread in a tin, all eaten separately, as civilized folk do.
wink_smile.gif

Not that I'm eating any of this. I will make the uber brownies previously posted for my guests this weekend. Those looked like the flavors would complement one another and not jangle the taste buds out of whack, but I'm personally still abstaining from ooey gooey fabulousness and still losing weight! 40lbs total now and 30 to go.

Were not at the grocery store, I just checked although I have seen them somewhere recently!

They're so cute looking. I wonder about how that candy corn flavor will complement the fudgy brownie goodness. I'm going to look for them and maybe make some to send in a care package. Thanks!

Back