Should we get our own website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this and I liked it
[FONT= 'Helvetica Neue']"Let’s face it: blogs posts always have been, and always will be, a diversion from the mundaneness of life. No matter what your blog’s subject."[/FONT]
In a nutshell how I FEEL about blogging! I am about done with fall blog articles, I still have some rooms open early Nov and want them booked, so I trudge along...I want to blog OTHER stuff. But alas the info is out there and easy to get and post right now on this subject...for a wee bit longer.

1. Yes, if you want to be a professional interim innkeeper/innsitter, then you should have your own website. You can then give a complete description of your background, post references, show your avability, rates, etc. Go to the interim innkeepers network, and take a look at the great variety of websites the members use.
2. Yes, blogging is a good idea. If you are going to blog, the way most people sign up is through Google's blogger. The blog address will be http://abcinnkeeper.blogspot.com This gives you a blog address and you can have google analytics track it.
However, if you also have a website, it will not add pages to your website. Google likes websites with lots of pages. There is a different way to set up the blog if you want to have it add pages to your website. If you look at my blog address http://blog.inncaring.com/ you will see that the blog comes before my website address. Having it set up this way adds pages to my website and the blog looks like my website. My webmaster helped me with the correct way to get it set up.
3. If you are going to reference where you currently are working, it should only be in general terms that reflect well on the B&B. I would concentrate more on what is going on in the area, or other special things about the inn or other items of interest to innkeepers. However, blogs take a lot of time and thought. To do them right you need to be posting worthwile information every 3 or 4 days. I agree - no ramblings.
4. If you are serious about working all over the USA then I definitely would join the Interim Innkeepers Network. It seems that lately, a lot of the postings have been for long term innkeepers. However, in the past, there have been many short term postings. In addition, many times the innkeepers don't post their needs, they just look at the availability and call the ones they are interested in talking with. We have been members since the group started 6 years ago. I have gotten many calls from innkeepers and I have referred many other innkeepers to the site if we could not help them.
Let me know if you have any questions

Thank you Lynda-yes we where contemplating a website and I think I will be working on that this winter-yes as a matter of fact I have been to that site and am also deciding to join it as well. I just finished the first post to my new blog, and I will definantely keep it on the good note and the happenings around the Inn I am assigned to for the moment and I think that is good, its actually a diary of sorts of the places that this adventure will take us.
I am definantely doing all that you have mentioned, but you know its always wonderful to know that you are doing it right, also when building our website (which im afraid will take some time) do you also add the link to tripadvisor and bnb.com for the reviews that we have aqcuired from this assignment and from the Inn that we owned and operated?

Thank you Lynda-yes we where contemplating a website and I think I will be working on that this winter-yes as a matter of fact I have been to that site and am also deciding to join it as well. I just finished the first post to my new blog, and I will definantely keep it on the good note and the happenings around the Inn I am assigned to for the moment and I think that is good, its actually a diary of sorts of the places that this adventure will take us.
I am definantely doing all that you have mentioned, but you know its always wonderful to know that you are doing it right, also when building our website (which im afraid will take some time) do you also add the link to tripadvisor and bnb.com for the reviews that we have aqcuired from this assignment and from the Inn that we owned and operated?.
Reviews on BandB.com and Trip Advisor are usually for the B&B and not for you as the innkeeper (even though you are the one who may be running the inn full time). Personally, I wouldn't put those links on my website. You would be better off having a page on your website where you have guest, and innkeeper comments. Again, see my website for how I set this up.

Back