showing our property this week

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
ok, I know I'm not supposed to get too excited... (insert the screaming, jumping up and down icon, here). We are showing our B&B this week to a lady coming from across the country 'just to see it as a possibility for her'! She wants to be closer to family who live about 30 miles away!
I have invited her and the Realtor to join us for breakfast so she can get a feel for what breakfast is like (yep... wine and dine them--- butter her up.... and all that stuff)!!
I am praying she is the one!
We also are showing my son's house (which we manage because he lives out of state) tonight!
For all those who pray... Please pray we sell BOTH properties, to THESE buyers (not related, just both coming this week)!
Thank you so much!

thumbs_up.gif

OK, She is coming Thursday morning and joining us for Breakfast!
She did tell the Realtor that she has always wanted to own a Bed & Breakfast! So... we will see.

She did tell the Realtor that she has always wanted to own a Bed & Breakfast! So... we will see..
Sunshine said:
She did tell the Realtor that she has always wanted to own a Bed & Breakfast! So... we will see.
Don't make the breakfast so great she says to herself, I could never do it this well!

She did tell the Realtor that she has always wanted to own a Bed & Breakfast! So... we will see..
Play it cool!!!! Don't divulge too much. And DON't SEEM TOO ANXIOUS!

My guests from the weekend said they had wanted to do a B & B - until they realized how much work it was. They said they interned at an inn for a summer. Now they are driving around in a Mi ata convertible with their bicycles on the back.

EmptyNest said:
I will be delightful, and charming, and ME! I will try Hard to be calm and not anxious. I don't know anything about her, and she may not even be in a position to purchase a B&B... who knows....

Sunshine said:
Don't make the breakfast so great she says to herself, I could never do it this well!
Arkansawyer said:
Sunshine said:
You could tell her you will give her the recipe/recipes if she buys the place!

Sunshine said:
Arkansawyer said:
Sunshine said:
Yes, I plan to tell her that if she buys the place, I throw in a copy of my cookbook with all the recipes for the breakfasts I make.
As far as not making breakfast so great... I will have other 'real' guests here too so I do have to do a nice breakfast... I could tell her that I'll tell her all my secrets to make breakfast easily, but look amazing....

Sunshine said:
Arkansawyer said:
Sunshine said:
Yes, I plan to tell her that if she buys the place, I throw in a copy of my cookbook with all the recipes for the breakfasts I make.
As far as not making breakfast so great... I will have other 'real' guests here too so I do have to do a nice breakfast... I could tell her that I'll tell her all my secrets to make breakfast easily, but look amazing....
Don't even go there yet. This lady may not have any financing or a clue about what it takes to run a B & B. Let her have breakfast, enjoy the place and look it over. Don't push things at her unless she asks. When we stayed here for a first visit, we just wanted to see the place. Didn't even ask that many questions and the owners did not try and "sell" the place to us. Then because we were interested we came back and stayed again..that is the time to ask questions. Don't tell any financials unless this person has actually proven she might be able to buy something.
I know you are so anxious...but please don't go too far.

Sunshine said:
Arkansawyer said:
Sunshine said:
Don't even go there yet. This lady may not have any financing or a clue about what it takes to run a B & B. Let her have breakfast, enjoy the place and look it over. Don't push things at her unless she asks. When we stayed here for a first visit, we just wanted to see the place. Didn't even ask that many questions and the owners did not try and "sell" the place to us. Then because we were interested we came back and stayed again..that is the time to ask questions. Don't tell any financials unless this person has actually proven she might be able to buy something.
EmptyNest said:
Very wise words. Let the Realtor handle this one for the most part. You just show her the place. The Realtor can feel her out to see if she is financially prepared, otherwise she is just dreaming or being nosy!

Sunshine said:
Arkansawyer said:
Sunshine said:
EmptyNest said:
thumbs_up.gif

Sunshine said:
Arkansawyer said:
Sunshine said:
EmptyNest said:
Very wise words. Let the Realtor handle this one for the most part. You just show her the place. The Realtor can feel her out to see if she is financially prepared, otherwise she is just dreaming or being nosy!
Yes, all good advice. I do plan to be conservative with info and only tell what she asks.
I know JB and many others can relate to the feelings of hope that this is "THE" one...
I know all things will work out for the good, as I wait and put my trust in the One who holds my life.

Shouldn't the Realtor have done some sort of screening before setting this visit up to determine that the visitor is indeed a qualified buyer and not just a tire-kicker?

Shouldn't the Realtor have done some sort of screening before setting this visit up to determine that the visitor is indeed a qualified buyer and not just a tire-kicker?.
Harborfields said:
Shouldn't the Realtor have done some sort of screening before setting this visit up to determine that the visitor is indeed a qualified buyer and not just a tire-kicker?
Yes.

Shouldn't the Realtor have done some sort of screening before setting this visit up to determine that the visitor is indeed a qualified buyer and not just a tire-kicker?.
Hopefully realtor did but..if not not a B&B one, maybe not???

EmptyNest said:
ALL REALTORS should be pre-qualifying ALL buyers. Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen, and that level of poor service and lack of professionalism speaks poorly about all agents. It leads to many a heartache -- for everyone concerned.

Back