Shut Down and Go?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for your kind words, I took your advice, it has all been sorted.
The funeral is Monday next week, I have a friend who will house sit Monday night and do a light breakfast Tuesday morning. I have a group of 4 in but they are here for 3 nights leaving Tuesday and we had Tuesday blocked as a day off already.
Luckily the people who are checking out Monday morning are regulars and I've emailed and asked if they wouldn't mind an earlier check-out so we can turn their room around for the friend who's staying. They were fine.
So we'll do an earlier breakfast Monday, check two out, give keys the the remaining 4. Dash around and clean as much as possible, off to the airport leaving here at 10, funeral in the afternoon and then fly back Tuesday morning..
Well I can't believe this all worked. On Monday the regulars checked out by 9am, all the others had gone out for the day by 9.15.
That meant we could clear breakfast, get certain items washed and dried and the tables laid for breakfast on Tuesday morning. We also cleaned the vacated room ready for our friend to use last night.
Was out of here at 10am for a 11.30 flight. Arrived at families house at 1.30 for a 3.30 arrival of the funeral cars.
This morning we caught the 9.30 flight back and was home by 11.30. Spoke to friend who said it all went smoothly. I Gave folks a discount so they were happy, left a bottle of wine and a thank you note in the regulars room to say thanks for agreeing to check out early. So I think everyone was ok.
I'm glad things worked out as well as they did. Things like that do have a way of working out and hopefully you had enough family time while you were gone and can get some rest now that you are home.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I took your advice, it has all been sorted.
The funeral is Monday next week, I have a friend who will house sit Monday night and do a light breakfast Tuesday morning. I have a group of 4 in but they are here for 3 nights leaving Tuesday and we had Tuesday blocked as a day off already.
Luckily the people who are checking out Monday morning are regulars and I've emailed and asked if they wouldn't mind an earlier check-out so we can turn their room around for the friend who's staying. They were fine.
So we'll do an earlier breakfast Monday, check two out, give keys the the remaining 4. Dash around and clean as much as possible, off to the airport leaving here at 10, funeral in the afternoon and then fly back Tuesday morning..
Well I can't believe this all worked. On Monday the regulars checked out by 9am, all the others had gone out for the day by 9.15.
That meant we could clear breakfast, get certain items washed and dried and the tables laid for breakfast on Tuesday morning. We also cleaned the vacated room ready for our friend to use last night.
Was out of here at 10am for a 11.30 flight. Arrived at families house at 1.30 for a 3.30 arrival of the funeral cars.
This morning we caught the 9.30 flight back and was home by 11.30. Spoke to friend who said it all went smoothly. I Gave folks a discount so they were happy, left a bottle of wine and a thank you note in the regulars room to say thanks for agreeing to check out early. So I think everyone was ok.
You two are grace under pressure.

That is wonderful-glad it all worked out

Happy to hear it came together.

You did a great job pulling this together under stress. Glad it all worked out so you could be there for DH when he really needed you.

What a summer we've had.... as if the car crash and loosing DH's sister wasn't enough I ended up in hospital last week. That's why I've been quiet recently.
I've had problems with my eye since March, optician said it was a posterior vitreous detachment, apparently happens to lots of people as they get older, more so for the short sighted like me. Then I started seeing shadows at the bottom of my vision, ended up in A&E and they kept me in and operated the next morning, retina detachment. Had to lay on my back for 3 days, couldn't do much for a week. Worst possible month in the year for this to happen, poor DH had to do everything.
Had a checkup with the surgeon this week, all healed fine, so I'm back to normal now.

What a summer we've had.... as if the car crash and loosing DH's sister wasn't enough I ended up in hospital last week. That's why I've been quiet recently.
I've had problems with my eye since March, optician said it was a posterior vitreous detachment, apparently happens to lots of people as they get older, more so for the short sighted like me. Then I started seeing shadows at the bottom of my vision, ended up in A&E and they kept me in and operated the next morning, retina detachment. Had to lay on my back for 3 days, couldn't do much for a week. Worst possible month in the year for this to happen, poor DH had to do everything.
Had a checkup with the surgeon this week, all healed fine, so I'm back to normal now..
Wow! Glad you are better. That's scary stuff.

Had a checkup with the surgeon this week, all healed fine, so I'm back to normal now..
So happy to hear all is well again. Take care.

Doing this alone, these types of stories scare the beejeezus outta me. So glad you are doing ok now and sorry for your discomfort.

That's awful - hope your eyes are ok as they are so key to your entire life - also hugs to DH as I know how much of a close team you are and how busy your location is - he must be run ragged!

Sorry this happened, but so glad you went in quickly. Some people wait and then it can't be repaired.
This will be a year to remember!

Yikes! Glad to turned out okay.

Wow that is scary . Glad to hear you are on the road. But try and take it slowly eye sight is so very important. Good thing it was caught on time. To DH good guy carrying the flag . It good to hear how we support each other when there is a problem . Good job well done.

opps double post!

heart.gif

to both of you.

Back