Sick and Could Care Less...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
I came back home late Saturday after being gone for a week. Spent all day Sunday trying to catch up with what had not been done by my dh while I was gone & barely made a dent in it. Monday, I was sick, sick, sick, when I woke up. Nothing to do but block out some days since I am the staff and everything else. No guests on the books until Friday evening.
Just got a call from someone who is going to be in town a couple of days a week for the next several months. He balked at our corporate rate. I'm sorry...I am not going to discount any more than that (it is already almost $60 off our best room). Maybe he won't book but the way I feel, I could care less. Plus, he said that he would "stop by". I didn't even say anything to that. Sorry, but I am not answering the door today to anyone!!

Do you have a sign out on the door yet? That is what we "in-town" B&B's have to deal with. Otherwise they will keep trying to get in.
GET BETTER SOON!

Hope you get feeling better soon. Put a note on the door that says, "Go away" ;)

I need that on the phone. Have a message from Pamela Lanier's Travel guide, wondering why I did not renew. "GO AWAY!"
Here is something to cheer you up.
Daughter, who is bathing dog who decided purple was the color du jour, and rolled herself in fallen mulberries, came racing into the kitchen. She exclaimed :The shampoo you told me to use is no good! It says not tested on animals. So we can't use it on Junie."

Hope you get feeling better soon. Put a note on the door that says, "Go away" ;).
I've been looking for some kind of nice looking sign to put on the door & haven't found one :-( Definitely want everyone to go away today which is probably not a good attitude for an innkeeper. haha! I am not sick that often, but it seems like I really get sick lately when I do get sick :-(

Hope you get feeling better soon. Put a note on the door that says, "Go away" ;).
I've been looking for some kind of nice looking sign to put on the door & haven't found one :-( Definitely want everyone to go away today which is probably not a good attitude for an innkeeper. haha! I am not sick that often, but it seems like I really get sick lately when I do get sick :-(
I hope you feel better very soon.

Thanks. It is the weirdest thing. I felt fine the week that I was gone & then worked really hard the day after I got back (my dh was visiting our son so I was getting a lot done) and then this hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm thinking that I picked something up on the planes or in the airports. ugh. The plane was full of screaming little kids coming back.

Glad you're feeling a little better.
Glad it wasn't my kids... sorry you had to go through that.
=)
Kk.

Thanks. It is the weirdest thing. I felt fine the week that I was gone & then worked really hard the day after I got back (my dh was visiting our son so I was getting a lot done) and then this hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm thinking that I picked something up on the planes or in the airports. ugh. The plane was full of screaming little kids coming back.
Rugrats are OK, but not in scream mode. I wonder if it was the pressure hurtng little ears or just brats with parents who do not take the trouble to shut them up. Either way, I am sure it made for a VERY long flight for you.
I just got a call back from my guest coming up with her husband for a couple nights while he is in for a month's leave from Iraq. I wanted to let her know that my 3 grandrats will be in-house while they are here - she said no problem. It was only fair for me to warn her - just as last year I warned folks about our Frontier Days carnival being on my doorstep. They cancelled.

Rugrats are OK, but not in scream mode. I wonder if it was the pressure hurtng little ears or just brats with parents who do not take the trouble to shut them up. Either way, I am sure it made for a VERY long flight for you.
I just got a call back from my guest coming up with her husband for a couple nights while he is in for a month's leave from Iraq. I wanted to let her know that my 3 grandrats will be in-house while they are here - she said no problem. It was only fair for me to warn her - just as last year I warned folks about our Frontier Days carnival being on my doorstep. They cancelled.
Many years ago I was flying between Lincoln, NE and Denver. I didn't realize it until I got to the airport, fjh(former jerk hubby) having picked infant son up from babysitter and taken us both to the airport. The babysitter didn't put any of the bottles in the diaper bag!!! Here I had a screaming baby and no bottle! One lady walked by and said, "can't you shut him UP!?" I felt like handing him to her and suggesting she try.

Uh OH..hope that isn't what Carey had and you picked up some of her germs:-(
That is another reason I am getting more and more leary of travel in planes and the messes at airports. I just don't want to deal with any of it. If we go anywhere it will be by car or maybe train to NYC.

I need that on the phone. Have a message from Pamela Lanier's Travel guide, wondering why I did not renew. "GO AWAY!"
Here is something to cheer you up.
Daughter, who is bathing dog who decided purple was the color du jour, and rolled herself in fallen mulberries, came racing into the kitchen. She exclaimed :The shampoo you told me to use is no good! It says not tested on animals. So we can't use it on Junie.".
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Daughter, who is bathing dog who decided purple was the color du jour, and rolled herself in fallen mulberries, came racing into the kitchen. She exclaimed :The shampoo you told me to use is no good! It says not tested on animals. So we can't use it on Junie."
Ha, ha, ha!

Back