Sigh

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
Damn I have run out of those end of the toilet paper rolls that come out of guest rooms, guess I get a WHOLE ROLL today!!
Oh there is a lizard sitting on the toilet roll.
Sliced my finger washing the food processor blade
and WHAT THE HELL is that smell of raw meat. Trace the smell to my fridge. However no raw meat in there. Did something spill? Nope. And what is that BLACK STUFF on the wire shelves in the fridge?? Mould? In a fridge? Ok so finally I realize I never closed the tub of blue cheese properly last night. That is where the odor AND the "growing mould" is coming from!! Thank God for Clorox wipes
And the cat shredded another bird in my shower. That's where the lizard is now.

Is this where we can confess? I put one couple in the wrong room today. Fortunately they were very good natured about the whole thing. Then I realized that I had another couple listed TWICE (two different rooms) for tonight. Good grief! I need a vacation.

Im with all of you, one couple this morning claimed that they only wanted one night and called to cancel the second-(lie-we would know if they cancelled) and that of course they would stay for breakfast. Brekkie was at 8:30 I go out to turn the light off up front-realized the front door was patially open and thought, they are taking their luggage out-come to find out they left-without even a see ya later or anything like that-worrying about a bad review- Second couple was late for breakfast finally the woman comes down and said her husband has the flu and has been up all night throwing up etc (don't want to think about it) and said that they wil be staying and he's resting. This turned out to be a two hour brekkie with her talking (very nice lady) we had a thing to go to at Noon, finally got done with breakfast. Hubbie fixed a tray with a can of chic soup, crackers and ice-hoping that the husband will be okay by tomorrow at aropund 5pm she went out said she was getting cabin fever-has not returned yet-hubbie wants to check on man-I told him that if I where sick I would not want someone I didn't know real well checking on me-plus I don't want my hubbie to get the flu-I know its cold but hey we do not need to get sick.
So I guess its been "One of those weekends" blame it on the full moon? The couple that left without a word is what bothers me the most-WHY!? I just figure that its their loss-sometimes people are just plain RUDE!
Here is hoping for a better day tomorrow-told hubbie that we are not touching anything in that room without gloves and everything will get bleach and lysoled...God I do not want the flu.

Im with all of you, one couple this morning claimed that they only wanted one night and called to cancel the second-(lie-we would know if they cancelled) and that of course they would stay for breakfast. Brekkie was at 8:30 I go out to turn the light off up front-realized the front door was patially open and thought, they are taking their luggage out-come to find out they left-without even a see ya later or anything like that-worrying about a bad review- Second couple was late for breakfast finally the woman comes down and said her husband has the flu and has been up all night throwing up etc (don't want to think about it) and said that they wil be staying and he's resting. This turned out to be a two hour brekkie with her talking (very nice lady) we had a thing to go to at Noon, finally got done with breakfast. Hubbie fixed a tray with a can of chic soup, crackers and ice-hoping that the husband will be okay by tomorrow at aropund 5pm she went out said she was getting cabin fever-has not returned yet-hubbie wants to check on man-I told him that if I where sick I would not want someone I didn't know real well checking on me-plus I don't want my hubbie to get the flu-I know its cold but hey we do not need to get sick.
So I guess its been "One of those weekends" blame it on the full moon? The couple that left without a word is what bothers me the most-WHY!? I just figure that its their loss-sometimes people are just plain RUDE!
Here is hoping for a better day tomorrow-told hubbie that we are not touching anything in that room without gloves and everything will get bleach and lysoled...God I do not want the flu..
Here's a more sure way to not get the flu. We take elderberry capsules. You can get your elderberry from jam, syrup, wine or the plain berries, but we just take capsules every day during the winter. Elderberry keeps viruses from replicating and cuts colds and flu off at the first exposure. We never get sick anymore. Not only do we have guests here but plenty of meetings and teas and such, and we get exposed to all kinds of things. Previously used colloidal silver throat spray and heavy doses of colostrum at first sign of illness. Now we don't get a first sign of illness. Take two consistently each day and you should stay healthy and happy.

Back