Sigh

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
As I have mentioned I will be closing before the end of the year, I have no fight left in me to work with the banks or the bankruptcy courts, not to mention business is almost non existant and worse than I have EVER seen in 7 years.
Tonight I have one couple in the cottage who came inside for dinner and asked to look at the other rooms inside the main house. They come down to tell me there is water dripping (well more than dripping but less than running) through the attic into a guest room.
I can't reach a plumber (its Friday night at 8pm) so I called a friend who used to do HVAC but is a jack of all trades. As it turns out it was the drip tray from the furnace in the attic which was overflowing.
He tells me the emergency drain was connected to the regular drain, which for non repair minded people like me basically means it was never connected properly. The same AC company I have used for 7 years have been up in that attic at least 3 times a year, one of which is an annual inspection for the Health Dept. Never once has this been mentioned (umm it's against code AND it's stupid because if the main drain is blocked and the overflow (emergency) drain is linked to the main drain WELL DUH it can't drain.
For the first time I am not panicking. It's a small repair and soon this house will be the bank's problem not mine. But I still think I will go take an anti anxiety med and slug it down with some whiskey ...... hopefully I will wake up in time to make breakfast ......

A, my heart breaks for the loss you are facing. I can read the resignation in your words and I feel nothing but sympathy for you. I hope you are soon able to find a bright side...

I am very sorry this hand is a "folder". May the next hand dealt be a "Royal Flush".

Awww im so sorry agoodman-been there and had to let mine go as well sometimes its just what it is and nothing else. Hope that good things come to you soon...you are in my thoughts.

Thanks Birdwatcher, tell me life goes on and in fact that you have more of a life now than before ...

Thanks Birdwatcher, tell me life goes on and in fact that you have more of a life now than before ....
yes agoodman life goes on-and its gonna be ok and yes, I do have more of a life-I am still an innkeeper but a HIRED one therefore if I get really fed up-I CAN GIVE MY NOTICE and move on. As a matter of fact we got TOTALLY fed up with the old boss we gave our notice and are moving on to another position-how long is totally up to us and the employer but if we get to the point that the guest does not come first-WE CAN JUST WALK AWAY and do something else. Yea it put a hurting on our credit to loose the business... but at least we kept one of the houses for our home and we are moving up to another position making more $$ with retirement and health insurance.
So yes, there is life beyond it. We put on a good fight and we tried to keep it and well the cards were just not there so we folded ad K said...its ok its just stuff life is more than just stuff and you cant take it with you.
My thoughts are with you and keep us abreast of what is going on..

Sorry to hear. A lot of personal work goes into it all, but no matter how hard you work, the economy, or Google page listing, or ... plays the trump card.

So sorry this happened to you! We found a lot of shortcut, non-code, plain dumb fixes in our house when we did our renovations-re-modeling. Many were things that would have cost very little to do it the right way. Sometimes I just don't get people...

Thanks Birdwatcher, tell me life goes on and in fact that you have more of a life now than before ....
yes agoodman life goes on-and its gonna be ok and yes, I do have more of a life-I am still an innkeeper but a HIRED one therefore if I get really fed up-I CAN GIVE MY NOTICE and move on. As a matter of fact we got TOTALLY fed up with the old boss we gave our notice and are moving on to another position-how long is totally up to us and the employer but if we get to the point that the guest does not come first-WE CAN JUST WALK AWAY and do something else. Yea it put a hurting on our credit to loose the business... but at least we kept one of the houses for our home and we are moving up to another position making more $$ with retirement and health insurance.
So yes, there is life beyond it. We put on a good fight and we tried to keep it and well the cards were just not there so we folded ad K said...its ok its just stuff life is more than just stuff and you cant take it with you.
My thoughts are with you and keep us abreast of what is going on..
birdwatcher said:
I am still an innkeeper but a HIRED one therefore if I get really fed up-I CAN GIVE MY NOTICE
And---she gets PAID!!!

that is so sad! i'm so sorry about the furnace and about your situation.
i have learned that there are folks who earn a decent living as paid innkeepers for owners or as innsitters. and they are happy. so if you really want to go that route at some point, i am sure you will be able to.
i have not found my way back yet, but it's mainly because of other obligations.
keep us all posted.

i have learned that there are folks who earn a decent living as paid innkeepers for owners or as innsitters. and they are happy. so if you really want to go that route at some point, i am sure you will be able to.
keep us all posted..
seashanty said:
keep us all posted.
We would be dead in the water without our wonderful innsitters. Dead. The wing would not be being built.
RIki

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. However, I know that somewhere at some point something good will come out of this. keep your head and faith up.
God bless you and your family.
(PS; a drink here or there.....it's good for you ;)

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.
Griechenland Type Brautkleider, Brautschleier
Ein Urlaub in Griechenland Type Designer Brautkleider
Als einer der die Mehrzahl der wichtigsten Hochzeitskleider Trend in diesem Jahr, mehrfarbig elegant Portugal Design und Stil Designer Brautkleider 2011 haben hat den größten Teil ein Teil der Mehrheit von Brautkleidern Büro Treffen, Rüstungen, Verletzungen, Drapieren Design und Stil. In dem engelhaften wiegenden Brautkleider Röcke entlang schlendern sind in der Regel excuding Portugal Art Illusion neben fasion nur für Frauen verwendet. Während, ist die besondere Eigenschaft klügste über Portugal Brautmode in dieser besonderen Jahreszeit die Vitalität durch shing Schattierungen Faktoren. Die große Lage Auslastung der lebhaften Färbungen? könnte zu Perk Menschen \u0026amp; s Kraft soll bis zu unter wirklich ernst insgesamt economy.Red-farbigen stieg Perfektion unerwartete geben, um Menschen \u0026amp; s Gehirn. Glatt und glatter Kunstfaser, abiballkleider online shop schillernde werfen bulit-in Stoff Bindung. Deutliche Glanz Eindruck bereichert Bild führen. Werden hinter Körpergurte Stil und Design abend und cocktailkleider , Körper-con desian, Bluse Design und Stil zusammen mit nicht abdecken Oberschenkel bekommen dies zu Brautmoden in diesem Jahr oder so wunderbar. Indirekte unregelmäßig in Form, Stil brautkleider abendkleider brautkleider abendkleider, bringt ein klassisches Mode. Die gleiche Färbung Brosche Dekoration fügt die tatsächlichen Aussehen natürlich, wenn es zu einer wie auch den Oberkörper machen eröffnen Design und Stil geht. So Leute heute können nicht außer Acht lassen Gucci sexy Business enterprise.Skinny violetten Chiffon können Sie Kontakt aufnehmen mit einer beträchtlichen kulturellen aqua green Empfängerhalsband werden? Enthüllung einer wohlhabenden Sprache des antiken Griechenlands Modell. Höhere sehr einfach das Design ist in der Regel, Chiffon Brautkleider Brautkleider online shop cocktailkleider kinder hochzeitskleid , besser in der Lage kinderkleid hochzeit kinderkleid hochzeit blumenkinder kleider rosa , warum Komponenten offenbaren. Asymmetrische rotierende Manschette Stil Art elegant Sammlungen in Rücken-Komponente bardress online bardress online, die Brust zusätzlich zur gedämpften Design und Stil, a-linie brautkleid Mutterschaft Brautkleider Hochzeitskleid, Kinder-Party Kleider, abendkleid 46 abendkleid 46 welche die Alte Mode gemeinsamen techniques.Some Art von Design-Trend ist Gürtellinie nie auf die verlassen Schritt, Organza, sowie Basso \u0026amp; Brooke nicht gilt Ihre tief V-Ausschnitt veröffentlicht Bluse sowie aa Sinne einer guten duftenden Blüten, Origami breiten Gurt, Gebäude im Stil des traditionellen Göttin Kostüm, sexy. Unkomplizierte Brautkleid Brautkleider in vielen Fällen sind plus eine exklusive Empfänger Stil und Design, erscheint Donna Karan Design zu einem ähnlichen Grund wie die von John Gn haben. Tanzen chiffon von vinage Brautkleider trifft jeder von dem Wunsch Phantasie, Hochzeit Handschuhe Brautkleider, Bauch in die Crossover-Stil und große Perle Mittelteil sind auf jeden Fall das entscheidende.
braut u abendmode

Back