Signature Plates (for those who serve food)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I notice that Deneen has dinnerware (desert & cereal bowls, plates in sizes 5", 6.5", 8.5", and 10.5" dinner plates) with your logo medallion on them like with the mugs they are famous for.
Has anybody bought these? Seems like it would be a nice thing to have at meal time, but they don't even picture them in their catalog, only mention them in the price list, making me think they are not a big seller.

OK, looks like nobody has used these "signature" plates. I've ordered 16 bread plates and 16 dinner plates with my logo on them and will report back, eventually, on how they look and any comments guests may make about them. My cost is $11.55 for each bread plate and $21 for each dinner plate.
Last fall I stayed at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park and was impressed with their beautiful logo plates (below) that have been used in the restaurant since 1926 (no, not the SAME plates, smarty). I think it will be a nice touch to have something like this at my place. Of course, mine will be pottery, not china, so not as classy as the Ahwahnee plates.
934d13cfaf11928.jpg

I was having my potter make me some dishes - dinner plates, salad plates, and saucers to use with the mugs but then he stopped potting and when he started again, I ran out of money - and had decided I am selling. So I dropped the order. They would have been nice.
Selling the B & B got put on hold until after DH dies. Everything is aranged to suit him, he hares change, and the big reason is we have so much crap sruffed into our space a possible buyer would look, scream, and run yelling, I am NOT going to live like that! What would normally be a living room is his artist studio - need I say more?

I was having my potter make me some dishes - dinner plates, salad plates, and saucers to use with the mugs but then he stopped potting and when he started again, I ran out of money - and had decided I am selling. So I dropped the order. They would have been nice.
Selling the B & B got put on hold until after DH dies. Everything is aranged to suit him, he hares change, and the big reason is we have so much crap sruffed into our space a possible buyer would look, scream, and run yelling, I am NOT going to live like that! What would normally be a living room is his artist studio - need I say more?.
gillumhouse said:
What would normally be a living room is his artist studio - need I say more?
regular_smile.gif
In the center of my living room you'll find a Black & Decker Workmate work table with a vice on it where I carve the walking sticks and canes that occupy what little spare time I have. Your DH is a lucky man to have a mostly tolerant wife!

Selling the B & B got put on hold until after DH dies. Everything is aranged to suit him, he hares change, and the big reason is we have so much crap sruffed into our space a possible buyer would look, scream, and run yelling, I am NOT going to live like that! What would normally be a living room is his artist studio - need I say more?.
gillumhouse said:
What would normally be a living room is his artist studio - need I say more?
regular_smile.gif
In the center of my living room you'll find a Black & Decker Workmate work table with a vice on it where I carve the walking sticks and canes that occupy what little spare time I have. Your DH is a lucky man to have a mostly tolerant wife!
I know some men who have vintage motorcycles enshrined in their living room. What makes ours wors is he has mats, easels, drawing board, props, and tools and I come from a long line of pack rats. Plus being involved in the things i am involved in, I am afraid to throw any papers away - and I swear paper breeds during the night!

Back