Signs, schmigns

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Checking in guests when another guest walks right past me into the kitchen and starts opening the cabinets searching for something. I ask, 'Can I help you?' Glasses. Walked right past the glasses AND the sign that says 'STOP!'
Had to lock all the cupboards and put the sign up higher (he's tall).

And I thought I made my guests feel at home! Mine have only once in 12+ years rummaged the cabinets looking for a vessel. WAaaaaaay back when we were 3 with shared and before I found the chamber pots.....

oh that is just awful..why does someone think they can do that? You need that folding screen set up to block them from going in there!!!!!

oh that is just awful..why does someone think they can do that? You need that folding screen set up to block them from going in there!!!!!.
He wasn't here on check-in, his wife was. He didn't get the tour. I ran into him outside (he didn't know it was me until later) and he asked where they could go to get 'food'. I didn't think anything of it at the time until I continued on my walk and wondered WHY he wanted the grocery store? I got home and asked hibs about it. Did they think the kitchen was open? Hubs said no he had told them all that at check-in.
Apparently it got lost between wife and husband!
When I accosted him for going into the kitchen I asked, 'Did you find the grocery store alright?' Then he recognized me.
They've gone out for dinner so no worries about them trying to cook.

So you have a lock on every cabinet in the kitchen?.
oceans said:
So you have a lock on every cabinet in the kitchen?
Every cabinet I want to keep guests out of. The cabinets that hold vases, candle holders and the pots and pans aren't locked. The glasses, plates, food, etc are locked. They are locked because we have tried to serve breakfast with 4 glasses and 10 plates. Guests walk off with all of this to their rooms and don't return it.
We have all those 'amenities' out on display now in the guest area. Plates, glasses, silverware, cups, etc. Which this guy walked right past.

oh that is just awful..why does someone think they can do that? You need that folding screen set up to block them from going in there!!!!!.
catlady said:
oh that is just awful..why does someone think they can do that?
Because it looks like a cute little guest kitchen, not a big commercial make breakfast for 18 kitchen.
Some things never change....
smileystooges.gif

=)
Kk.

catlady said:
Because it looks like a cute little guest kitchen, not a big commercial make breakfast for 18 kitchen.
smileystooges.gif

=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
catlady said:
smileystooges.gif

=)
Kk.
That's the best description right there. But where they think the breakfast gets made, I don't know! Maybe behind the door that's marked 'Laundry'? You're right, tho, most people wouldn't consider it big enough for a family of 2, much less to feed a whole innful of guests!

He wasn't here on check-in, his wife was. He didn't get the tour. I ran into him outside (he didn't know it was me until later) and he asked where they could go to get 'food'. I didn't think anything of it at the time until I continued on my walk and wondered WHY he wanted the grocery store? I got home and asked hibs about it. Did they think the kitchen was open? Hubs said no he had told them all that at check-in.
When I accosted him for going into the kitchen I asked, 'Did you find the grocery store alright?' Then he recognized me.
You need inn shirts and name tags so your guests know who you are.
wink_smile.gif

Maybe the guest forgot to put on his glasses & that's why he missed the glasses.

wink_smile.gif

Maybe the guest forgot to put on his glasses & that's why he missed the glasses.
Samster said:
wink_smile.gif

I was standing in the street talking to my waking buddy when he pulled up to ask about the grocery store. I had on the same outfit in the house. But a guy who wouldn't see an 8x10 sign in a big, shiny frame wouldn't remember me from a half hour before even if I had on a logo'd shirt.
wink_smile.gif

I do like the logo'd shirt idea, tho. We've talked about this a couple of times. We need a logo, tho!

wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif

I was standing in the street talking to my waking buddy when he pulled up to ask about the grocery store. I had on the same outfit in the house. But a guy who wouldn't see an 8x10 sign in a big, shiny frame wouldn't remember me from a half hour before even if I had on a logo'd shirt.
wink_smile.gif

I do like the logo'd shirt idea, tho. We've talked about this a couple of times. We need a logo, tho!
John did a pen & ink of the house and that is what we use on my shirts, lunch bags, aprons....

Back