silk duvets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie may

Reaction score
Luddite Charlie Mae here. Does anyone use silk filled duvets on the guests beds? According to the brochure from Costco, they are made of non-allergenic silk fill with a cotton cover. Supposedly to keep one warm in the winter and cool in the summer. And they don't bunch up like feather duvets after awhile. Just wondering?

Just the down duvets here. You can run the down ones thru the washer/dryer to fluff them back up. If it can't go in the washer/dryer don't buy it. Unless you also own a dry cleaning establishment as well. ;-)

I have a satin duvet cover. It looks elegant and stunningly "rich" on the bed - but the friggin' thing cost $25 a pop to sent it to the cleaners. Do I use it? NO!!!

These are silk FILLED duvets and the cover is cotton. Would that slide all over, do you think? I know silk fabric slides like crazy.

These are silk FILLED duvets and the cover is cotton. Would that slide all over, do you think? I know silk fabric slides like crazy..
You will need to get duvet covers also. No one is going to want to sleep under something that looks like it's never washed. Cotton covers won't slide around. And they come in all sorts of colors to match the rooms.
Word to the wise... Guests will sleep ON the duvets. (Along with doing other things on them.) That's why I recommend something washable.

I have a satin duvet cover. It looks elegant and stunningly "rich" on the bed - but the friggin' thing cost $25 a pop to sent it to the cleaners. Do I use it? NO!!!.
And the cost is why I always assume those fancy covers have never been washed whenever I see them on beds.

Back