Silly me

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS If DH doesn't get my bday this year he is inbig doo doo. Every single night on the news - all news - -it is ANNOUNCED! They even have a count down going to my birthday. I will let you figure out when it is..
November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Yes that is it, too bad I can't go away this year, need to be home to vote.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Do you mean vote by mail? Or Absentee? We cannot do this unless we are invalids or out of the COUNTRY. They are very particular about it here. I used to absentee vote in WA State. But then they always annouced teh winner before they were counted which used to irk all the absentee voters off. I will be there with bells on at the polling place. Too much stress for a bday. It happens every major election tho...falls on the same day Tues.
It was actually pretty neat to do it on my 18th bday which was a big election.
We have vote by mail. Actually last year, 4 counties were rural and only had mail voting. We may go that way in lots of our counties eventually.
We used to be only out of town or hospital to vote by mail, but not any more.
hawley said:
We have vote by mail. Actually last year, 4 counties were rural and only had mail voting. We may go that way in lots of our counties eventually.
Yes, I hear ya, they decided it would effectively bring in more votes. But in this county, no can do. People who are out get back in to vote. You can't just say I am sick or invalid, you have to prove it. So I will be out early like the rest standing in line.
Only issue I have here is there is a large older population who do not know how to use these machines, so it takes forever...If I go early, they will be the ones going early.
The D.C. Stations have been giving a lot of air time to absentee voting. Indicating that you can now go to the Registrar office and vote NOW...to avoid the long lines in NOV. I had never heard of such a thing. I thought you had to prove there was an issue to get an absentee ballot early. Guess not is some places.
They showed several folks lining up to vote in the booth.

PS If DH doesn't get my bday this year he is inbig doo doo. Every single night on the news - all news - -it is ANNOUNCED! They even have a count down going to my birthday. I will let you figure out when it is..
November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Do you mean vote by mail? Or Absentee? We cannot do this unless we are invalids or out of the COUNTRY. They are very particular about it here. I used to absentee vote in WA State. But then they always annouced teh winner before they were counted which used to irk all the absentee voters off. I will be there with bells on at the polling place. Too much stress for a bday. It happens every major election tho...falls on the same day Tues.
hawley said:
Yes, I hear ya, they decided it would effectively bring in more votes. But in this county, no can do. People who are out get back in to vote. You can't just say I am sick or invalid, you have to prove it. So I will be out early like the rest standing in line.
Only issue I have here is there is a large older population who do not know how to use these machines, so it takes forever...If I go early, they will be the ones going early.
The D.C. Stations have been giving a lot of air time to absentee voting. Indicating that you can now go to the Registrar office and vote NOW...to avoid the long lines in NOV. I had never heard of such a thing. I thought you had to prove there was an issue to get an absentee ballot early. Guess not is some places.
catlady said:
I just saw your OHU on the news, they have a big conlfict a gap in the system where they can vite early NOW yet still bring in their register to vote papers (for new voters). They have halted the VOTE EARLY for the time being in OH.

November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Ours changed a couple years ago that anyone could early vote. At the polls we have to check the early voter list when people come in. It used to be poll workers and invalid or out-of-town did the absentee ballot. I do the early vote because I never work my precinct and do not want the hassle of doing a "provisional" (used to be called Challenged) ballot when we do the counting at night. We do not count actual ballots but have to account for all that we had when we opened the polls that morning. Anyone who has worked the polls will understand what I am talking about.

November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
hawley said:
I thought it was for people like my parents when we were stationed in Switzerland and Germany so they could vote. But they used to lose their ballots all the time anyway.
Riki

November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
hawley said:
I thought it was for people like my parents when we were stationed in Switzerland and Germany so they could vote. But they used to lose their ballots all the time anyway.
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
Just to highlight this subject even further. In Australia it is your responsibility to vote. That means, YOU MUST or you will be fined.
If you live overseas, you must still vote, you must stlll contact your consulate and vote. They don't just drop them in the mail. Every election it is your duty and responsibility to vote or expect a fine. It is not your privilege.
For those who do not know about this, I thought I would share this perspective. You can also get a fine if you have any of your arm hanging out of a car window, that includes driving with your window down and your elbow sticking out.
Freedoms people - let's do what we need to do to preserve those freedoms in our country.

JBJ - it's my B'day too! This is a big one for me... And to celebrate it and our 30th anniversary (back in the spring), we are going on a trip to Spain, Fance and Italy. (this gift is a 2fer but I'll take it
teeth_smile.gif
) Hope your day will be special too.

JBJ - it's my B'day too! This is a big one for me... And to celebrate it and our 30th anniversary (back in the spring), we are going on a trip to Spain, Fance and Italy. (this gift is a 2fer but I'll take it
teeth_smile.gif
The 3 of us are all Scorpios...I am a week away from both of y'all.
wink_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
Same month here, different sign...

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
hmmm...you are obviously around Thanksgiving then. I did not know that! My father's birthday was in February...there are 3 of us born in the same month. tee hee...used to tease the folks about that one!

teeth_smile.gif
sticking around here or going to Spain France and Italy? Yeah maybe Olive Garden can cheer me up.
shades_smile.gif

Happy birthday when the days comes and you are on the Italian Alps or some incredible place. BRING US BACK SOME PHOTOS.

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
hmmm...you are obviously around Thanksgiving then. I did not know that! My father's birthday was in February...there are 3 of us born in the same month. tee hee...used to tease the folks about that one!
Samster said:
Yeah, family joke...the stork didn't bring me, the turkey did.
But I always had a big b'day party! Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed and birthday cake!

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
Samster said:
But I always had a big b'day party! Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed and birthday cake!
Bree said:
Samster said:
I am the only one with a NOV bday. No one even with all the neices and nephews. JAN is big in our immediate family, Sept as well.

My younger sis was born the day before my 6th B'day. Birthdays were never the same (growing up) as we usually had a joint party....yeah that worked well with I was 12 having a bunch of 6yr olds. I decided soon after that I was 'too old' to have a party.
Well that has all changed and while she will celebrate hers running around with 2 youngsters going to boy scouts, I will be in Italy eating what is sure to be a fab. dinner and excellent wine. (Not that I will rub it in ...
wink_smile.gif
, no really it isn't my style.)
I will be glad to share pics when we return. JBJ I will say a toast to you on your B'day and yes, we will be voting absentee before we leave. It is a privilege we feel should be an obligation.

My younger sis was born the day before my 6th B'day. Birthdays were never the same (growing up) as we usually had a joint party....yeah that worked well with I was 12 having a bunch of 6yr olds. I decided soon after that I was 'too old' to have a party.
Well that has all changed and while she will celebrate hers running around with 2 youngsters going to boy scouts, I will be in Italy eating what is sure to be a fab. dinner and excellent wine. (Not that I will rub it in ...
wink_smile.gif
I will be glad to share pics when we return. JBJ I will say a toast to you on your B'day and yes, we will be voting absentee before we leave. It is a privilege we feel should be an obligation..
We'll be envious of your trip but you deserve it! Enjoy your special day while abroad.
I know what you mean...we had one cake for the 3 of us & then my oldest brother married someone with a birthday 2 days before his. My birthday is important to me now! Share pics!

wink_smile.gif
I will be glad to share pics when we return. JBJ I will say a toast to you on your B'day and yes, we will be voting absentee before we leave. It is a privilege we feel should be an obligation..
My wife was born the day before her sister's 15th birthday. The story goes that my future sister-in-law told my future mother-in-law, "if that child is born on my birthday, you needn't bother bringing it home!" Twenty-seven years later, on her golden birthday, my wife gave birth to our first child, who's Sweet 16 is this year -- and it falls neatly on Thanksgiving.
She's fit to be tied.
Incidentally, she was born on the day after Thanksgiving. We had to drive past three malls to get to the hospital, and almost didn't make it because of the traffic.

wink_smile.gif
My wife was born the day before her sister's 15th birthday. The story goes that my future sister-in-law told my future mother-in-law, "if that child is born on my birthday, you needn't bother bringing it home!" Twenty-seven years later, on her golden birthday, my wife gave birth to our first child, who's Sweet 16 is this year -- and it falls neatly on Thanksgiving.
She's fit to be tied.
Incidentally, she was born on the day after Thanksgiving. We had to drive past three malls to get to the hospital, and almost didn't make it because of the traffic.
That is a cute story! I was born the day after my oldest brother's 16th birthday. My brothers (all older than me) actually wanted a baby sister and told my parents not to bring another boy home. They were only disappointed that I didn't have a pony tail, too. Or at least that's the story I heard.... hmmmm....

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
Samster said:
My son was born Nov 26 - one of his many nicknames (such as Buzzard Bait) was Turkey Bird. When he was in Kindergarten I invited all the boys in his class to his birthday party - no one came because they were going away for Thanksgiving (the party was the Saturday after that year). Thank goodness for a big family, a call to my cousin brought her kids and the day was saved. NEVER ever planned his party like that again.
His b'day was exactly 51 weeks after grandchild #1 (and an very unheralded event it was). #1 missed my Daddy's b'day by 1 day and I have a granddaughter who missed my day by 2 (and she is not named after me either - all the ggirls are named after the first wife or her family in some way or another).

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
count me in too... nov 11
teeth_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

Freaky!

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

happyjacks said:
Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif
Me too! Just a few days away... February must be a busy month.
By the way... I think I just found my first white hair today.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Back