Silly me

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So last year on hub's birthday I lost his b'day card. I found it a couple of days later, but I felt really badly because we were making an effort to start doing the cards & gifts again. So, his b'day is coming up in a couple of weeks. However, today is our anniversary. Yesterday I went to the store to get him a card for the anniversary. Totally not thinking, I bought a b'day card. I bought 2 actually, one from me and one from the dog.
This morning I get up earlier to put out the card and gift and I realize as I wake up that I bought a stupid b'day card! Rummage thru my collection of very old greeting cards and lo and behold an anniversary card I had bought eons ago was in there. Whew!

Do you have an anniversary card from the dog, too?
Happy Anniversary and many more!
=)
Kk.

Do you have an anniversary card from the dog, too?
Happy Anniversary and many more!
=)
Kk..
No, the dog wasn't around when we got married.
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
that's awesome!
i learned from my mother to put things 'in a safe place' ... trouble is, i NEVER find them again when i do that! and neither could she.
do you do something special for anniversary guests? like a rose on the pillow? would he freak if you put one on his pillow?
happy day!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
A workmate once came to work all upset. Her hubby remembered their anniversary and got her abeautiful card! What is so bad about that? I asked. She showed me "Happy anniversary to my dear husband."
What a lout. Mr Romantic went in, saw the anniv section, grabbed the first one she saw. I wonder if they are still married?

PS If DH doesn't get my bday this year he is inbig doo doo. Every single night on the news - all news - -it is ANNOUNCED! They even have a count down going to my birthday. I will let you figure out when it is.

I keep all of our past cards in my office drawer. There have been years..when I just go in and dig one out and use it!
confused_smile.gif
He certainly doesn't remember it. Even though I do..but hey it was an emergency.
Happy Anniversary...How many??

wink_smile.gif
that's awesome!
i learned from my mother to put things 'in a safe place' ... trouble is, i NEVER find them again when i do that! and neither could she.
do you do something special for anniversary guests? like a rose on the pillow? would he freak if you put one on his pillow?
happy day!.
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
that's awesome!
happy day!
Anniversary special is the same as the b'day special with minor differences...the guest(s) get a card from us and a pack of 4 chocolates from Wilburs. The anniv ones I go to the store and hound them to make me the ones with the hearts on top (you would think they would catch on that hearts would sell all year for special events, even weddings!), the birthday ones are whatever catches my eye because they don't have a special b'day candy topper. (I should ask about that.) So the b'day ones might have lighthouses, moose, autumn leaves, whatever I find. I also get these for the babymoon packages...the ones with the little booties on top. Very cute!
Hubs got a little 'gift tote' (small box in the shape of a tote bag) filled with chocs. He totally wouldn't see the rose and would poke his eye out on the thorns!

I keep all of our past cards in my office drawer. There have been years..when I just go in and dig one out and use it!
confused_smile.gif
He certainly doesn't remember it. Even though I do..but hey it was an emergency.
Happy Anniversary...How many??.
Lucky 13.

Happy Anniversary to youuuuuuuuuu! And many more!
My dh did exactly the same thing that you did - Bought a card for our anniversary that was a birthday card. He had NO clue. He bought the card because of the front of it which didn't have Happy Birthday....
He's losing it....

PS If DH doesn't get my bday this year he is inbig doo doo. Every single night on the news - all news - -it is ANNOUNCED! They even have a count down going to my birthday. I will let you figure out when it is..
November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Yes that is it, too bad I can't go away this year, need to be home to vote.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).

PS If DH doesn't get my bday this year he is inbig doo doo. Every single night on the news - all news - -it is ANNOUNCED! They even have a count down going to my birthday. I will let you figure out when it is..
November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Do you mean vote by mail? Or Absentee? We cannot do this unless we are invalids or out of the COUNTRY. They are very particular about it here. I used to absentee vote in WA State. But then they always annouced teh winner before they were counted which used to irk all the absentee voters off. I will be there with bells on at the polling place. Too much stress for a bday. It happens every major election tho...falls on the same day Tues.
It was actually pretty neat to do it on my 18th bday which was a big election.

November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Do you mean vote by mail? Or Absentee? We cannot do this unless we are invalids or out of the COUNTRY. They are very particular about it here. I used to absentee vote in WA State. But then they always annouced teh winner before they were counted which used to irk all the absentee voters off. I will be there with bells on at the polling place. Too much stress for a bday. It happens every major election tho...falls on the same day Tues.
We have vote by mail. Actually last year, 4 counties were rural and only had mail voting. We may go that way in lots of our counties eventually.
We used to be only out of town or hospital to vote by mail, but not any more.

November 4th?
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
November 4th?
Vote early (vote often).
We have vote by mail. Actually last year, 4 counties were rural and only had mail voting. We may go that way in lots of our counties eventually.
hawley said:
Yes, I hear ya, they decided it would effectively bring in more votes. But in this county, no can do. People who are out get back in to vote. You can't just say I am sick or invalid, you have to prove it. So I will be out early like the rest standing in line.
Only issue I have here is there is a large older population who do not know how to use these machines, so it takes forever...If I go early, they will be the ones going early.

Back