Silly Season

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseTrax

Reaction score
Do you have a silly season where you are? High season or off season doesn't really matter but silly season is when guests say and do silly things thinking you won't remember what they said the other 10 times they called. During breakfast a guest called to cancel tonight. That was 12 hours after they booked, almost to the minute. The cancellation policy was gone over (again) while pancakes were being flipped and they were going to call back. After conversing at home over whether or not they wanted to lose the deposit they decided to come. The reason for wanting to cancel was a hurt back. They were an early arrival. The reason they wanted an early arrival? They're out on the lake kayaking. It's the silly season here.

In my neck of the woods, we aren't limited to season.
We suffer with foolishness year round.
confused_smile.gif

Running around doing the room cleans this morning and one room is completely empty- no clothes, no bags, nothing in the bathroom. They paid yesterday for 2 nights and didn't leave the key when they left today. We're hoping they are coming back.
Have you ever had stay over guests completely remove all of their things during the day?

Guess who was the late check-out this morning? Just got in the room and it's 64 degrees in there. Everything was cold to the touch.

I just received this e-mail (fyi, copied verbatim):
"Hell,
I was considering staying at your B&B in the xxx suite next month. I saw that children were only allowed in the cottage. We have a 3 month old is this age still not acceptable in any other suite. Please let me know"
Uhhhh? Oh sure, bring your 3 month old to scream at the top of it's lungs to disturb all the other guests! What are they thinking????

"Hell,
I was considering staying at your B&B in the xxx suite next month. I saw that children were only allowed in the cottage. We have a 3 month old is this age still not acceptable in any other suite. Please let me know"
Uhhhh? Oh sure, bring your 3 month old to scream at the top of it's lungs to disturb all the other guests! What are they thinking????.
Breakfast Diva said:
"Hell,
Uhhhh? Oh sure, bring your 3 month old to scream at the top of it's lungs to disturb all the other guests! What are they thinking????
Reply:
"Dear Parent, does your child wear a muzzle?"

"Hell,
Uhhhh? Oh sure, bring your 3 month old to scream at the top of it's lungs to disturb all the other guests! What are they thinking????.
That is ridiculous!!! I hope you did NOT reply. I would not bother with anyone that starts a message like that.

I had another guy call last week to ask "I see on your website that you take a 50% deposit if reserving 4 or more nights. Do you do that even on a 6 night reservation?"
How do these people make it to adulthood?

I had another guy call last week to ask "I see on your website that you take a 50% deposit if reserving 4 or more nights. Do you do that even on a 6 night reservation?"
How do these people make it to adulthood?.
Have you seen some of the Jaywalking ones???? Leno finds some real winners!!!

lol! sad but true. I have to say, some people amaze me.
Recently I was explaining to a guest that we do breakfast by candlelight.
Completely dead pan, the man groaned and replied...'oh, just how early do we have to get up for that?'
(Idiot. I said by candlelight. Not in the dark)
rolleyes.gif

lol! sad but true. I have to say, some people amaze me.
Recently I was explaining to a guest that we do breakfast by candlelight.
Completely dead pan, the man groaned and replied...'oh, just how early do we have to get up for that?'
(Idiot. I said by candlelight. Not in the dark)
rolleyes.gif
Har har, that's a good one.
teeth_smile.gif

Never had a silly season until this year. Now it seems to be year-round. People are just nuts.

Never had a silly season until this year. Now it seems to be year-round. People are just nuts..
I am with Sweetie - seems year round now. Like recession creates brain fuzz. The one nighters have the stupidest questions. "Well, I really wanted two nights, but you are booked for the first night...so can I come in at noon?" How about you don't come at all, you are too stupid to stay here!

One guy called and wanted to book a night stay....he was on our website. He gave me the date, I told him I didn't have anything available. He didn't believe me, he said, "well, there's an x on your calendar!"
The guy thought if there was an x, it ment it was available! If that were the case, I don't know why he'd want to stay here, because I sure would have a lot of rooms available in our busy season! We must not be very popular
angry_smile.gif

Never had a silly season until this year. Now it seems to be year-round. People are just nuts..
I am with Sweetie - seems year round now. Like recession creates brain fuzz. The one nighters have the stupidest questions. "Well, I really wanted two nights, but you are booked for the first night...so can I come in at noon?" How about you don't come at all, you are too stupid to stay here!
aieechihuahua said:
You missed a golden opportunity. He was stupid enough that you could have let him come at noon and then charged him for both days!
emotion-12.gif

We wonder HOW some people survive, as needy as they are as guests!

C L U E L E S S N E S S[/h3]There are no stupid questions....
There's just a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
smiley-whacky011.gif

Running around doing the room cleans this morning and one room is completely empty- no clothes, no bags, nothing in the bathroom. They paid yesterday for 2 nights and didn't leave the key when they left today. We're hoping they are coming back.
Have you ever had stay over guests completely remove all of their things during the day?.
Never.

Have you ever had stay over guests completely remove all of their things during the day?.
Never.
Samster said:
Here either. Popped my head into the room today after they had checked out to get the beds stripped to help the housekeeper. These very neat and tidy people left a $25 tip.

Back