Since We're on the subject...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
the topic of online booking through BnB dotcom's G D S system, that is! There have been disucssions on a couple of threads about this and I wanted to share my experience since joining this program.
All reservations have been through Exp edia via BnB
First reservation was a no show - had no contact info for the individual. DH stayed up until 12:30am and then placed a note on the door to ring the bell, and we would come down. - Of course no shows are covered in our policies and we were paid.
thumbs_down.gif

Second reservation called as they had not received a confirmation through Expedia and wanted to verify that we had their reservation - which we did. I provided her with Expedia's number so she could get confirmation of payment etc. She was a great guest who travels on business to this area each year, she told me she would book direct from now on.
thumbs_up.gif

Third reservation (for 2 nights) check in yesterday afternoon with the first words out of his mouth " I thought I was staying at a hotel?" as he was looking around unsure of his surroundings. I asked if his reservation showed our full name Copperhead's Bed and Breakfast and he said yes! (my thoughts well WT_ did you expect!) I just showed him to his room and gave him the reg. welcome. He made his self at home, enjoying hisself on the balcony on the phone & internet doing work. He came down 2 hrs later to head to dinner and stated "I love this place, so peaceful, so quiet. I travel 4-5 days a week and have never stayed at a B&B before, I will look them up from now on!" I asked if he had booked this reservation and he said no, the company that he was coming in for had done so. He does not eat breakfast so did not see him until this afternoon.... He was still bragging saying he slept so well.
thumbs_up.gif

Fourth reservation booked just the other day for 3 nights in June, only contact info was a international phone number. So happened she called yesterday to ask about additional rooms and stated she was calling from Australia. So I mentioned the only contact info I had and told her the number. She has NO idea what number that was and we both are still baffled over it. Anyway what she wanted was to book all my other rooms for the same 3 nights. So presuming there are no cancelations I give this one a
thumbs_up.gif
So out of these 4, 3 are positive with some benefits - 1 converted hotel business guest; one possible repeat guest and one that booked more rooms direct. I have been on G D S systems before with about the same ratio of possitive/negative guests, just never placed them down on paper before. I think that if we had more volume of G D S guests the ratio would be different. we just do not want this to become the primary way to attract our guests so we use it as a filler.
Feel free to place your experiences here.

Your experience certainly parallels ours. We haven't had a booking through that system (essentially Exp edia) in some time, but last time we checked the contact info (phone number and partial address) was actually the Exp edia number and location. Perhaps that has changed...

Thanks Copperhead for taking the time to document that and share it. It is food for thought. ;)

I haven't had an Expedia booking yet, but so far my bed and breakfast dot com experience has left something to be desired.
Perhaps it was my fault for not understanding all the details from the get go, but I can't say I trust their system. My initial experience with them has left me gun shy.
Now that I am thinking about it, let me go check to see if their direct deposit from last weekend has posted yet. If I recall, its supposed to post within 4 business days.

Back