Singling Out the Doilies in Port Townsend, WA

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I loved the Port
Go Port Townsend.
It was aww some. We have been their twice now. I guess there are people that are not always so kind or can see the light. The town was very smart to invent it self. As like all tourist we enjoyed the work and will return again this year.

Port Townsend is very new age, I am sure the legal stuff in Washington State is prevalent at those B&B's now.

As I waited to get around it, the air was filled with the fragrance of pot. That was cool.
THESE are the words of someone I am actually going to take seriously? Let me get this straight - doilies are bad (but all they do is lay there), cigarettes are bad because smoking cigarettes causes cancer, but the fragrance of pot is cool. What does pot do to the body? Cigarettes were once considered good for the body (a calming effect). Lord save me from "experts" (and writers like this). And this is a Keynote speaker at a MUSEUM Conference?

Port Townsend is very new age, I am sure the legal stuff in Washington State is prevalent at those B&B's now..
And he was there as a keynote speaker at a MUSEUM Conference! Someone who has no respect for doilies (and the service they provided or the creativity to make them) or dripping Vics. I do not want to live in one, but I can appreciate their beauty. OK, I admit I am not "hip" or "cool" - just an old, useless, not even an artifact.

I especially loved this quote: "If Laura Ashley made chintz cluster bombs, one had gone off in my room. Every night, I felt like a homesteader laboring to clear his stump farm as I tried to make space on the bed so I could lie down."
That was priceless. No guest should ever have to labor to feel comfortable in a guest room. This is the kind of thing that drives people away from B&B's in droves.

I especially loved this quote: "If Laura Ashley made chintz cluster bombs, one had gone off in my room. Every night, I felt like a homesteader laboring to clear his stump farm as I tried to make space on the bed so I could lie down."
That was priceless. No guest should ever have to labor to feel comfortable in a guest room. This is the kind of thing that drives people away from B&B's in droves..
I have stayed at some of these and that is why y beds have 2 pillows each with 2 extra pillows in a dresser drawer. I just gave all the accumulated shams from all my duvets to a group for the citywide yard sale. I now have an extra shelf in my storage room.

That was priceless. No guest should ever have to labor to feel comfortable in a guest room. This is the kind of thing that drives people away from B&B's in droves..
And yet. Our king beds have 6 pillows. And guests have asked for more.
I get this is probably a 'decorative pillow' thing they're talking about. I don't like lots of pillows that you have to throw on the floor just to make room.
Then again, one place we stayed at had 2 pillows on the bed. And a brass headboard. No way was anyone sitting up reading in bed!

Back