Skin care products and sheets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I was going through some old notes I made a couple of years ago and ran across this suggestion to post in the guest rooms:
If you use any night time skin care or acne products that may damage our linens, such as those containing hydrogen peroxide, ie. Pro-Activ Solution® , please inform us so we can substitute different sheets, pillow cases and towels for you. Thank you for your consideration."
A good idea, but the question occurs to me: what different sheets and pillow cases and towels would that be? What material? What color, to be less likely after cleaning to still show stains from these skin care products?

I would think white because the acne stuff tends to bleach. it is the mascara and make-up that do in the light colors and white. I have a lovely pale yellow iing-size duvet that a guest left an orangey hand print on - as if she was putting on foundation and leaned over putting her hand down as she reached for something. I have it pale now, ut not gone.

I don't know who wrote this, but sorry to say I think it is absurd. People use all sorts of potions and lotions. There is nothing you can do about it, and to inquire is just too bold. Just roll with the punches. As you see, each day is a new day with a new set of circumstances...

Joey Bloggs said:
I don't know who wrote this...
Yeah, I really need to start keeping the names that go with the suggestions I jot down.

I would think white because the acne stuff tends to bleach. it is the mascara and make-up that do in the light colors and white. I have a lovely pale yellow iing-size duvet that a guest left an orangey hand print on - as if she was putting on foundation and leaned over putting her hand down as she reached for something. I have it pale now, ut not gone..
nope its caused by spray tan - we have a nightmare with it with the models for the bridal fairs - one of my neighbours went mad as the girl had stood in front of her wall sprayed herself and left a person shaped hole on the wall!!!

I agree with JB.
A note like that mostly likely won't get read, then even if it does, people will be offended by it. If someone does use product, then what....they think you'll give them the old stained yucky sheets instead of the nice ones they paid to sleep on. And they'll be right!
It's just part of doing business.

Don't make me look this stuff up for you...
https://www.innspiring.com/node/3586#comment-39891

I would think white because the acne stuff tends to bleach. it is the mascara and make-up that do in the light colors and white. I have a lovely pale yellow iing-size duvet that a guest left an orangey hand print on - as if she was putting on foundation and leaned over putting her hand down as she reached for something. I have it pale now, ut not gone..
nope its caused by spray tan - we have a nightmare with it with the models for the bridal fairs - one of my neighbours went mad as the girl had stood in front of her wall sprayed herself and left a person shaped hole on the wall!!!
Early this summer I had a guy spray-tan himself, getting half of the stuff on the tile floor. He then proceeded to sit on the upholstered chair in the living room and wipe the other half off on the chair back. Urrrrgh. The chair is stained beyond repair. No time or $$$ to replace it so I just cover it with a throw and hope no one notices.
Like the acne products that some folks use, there is not much we can do about stains from personal products. Unless we can put up a sign that says, "If you are stupid, please stay someplace else", we are stuck with it. Cost of doing business.

Early this summer I had a guy spray-tan himself, getting half of the stuff on the tile floor. He then proceeded to sit on the upholstered chair in the living room and wipe the other half off on the chair back. Urrrrgh. The chair is stained beyond repair. No time or $$$ to replace it so I just cover it with a throw and hope no one notices.
Like the acne products that some folks use, there is not much we can do about stains from personal products. Unless we can put up a sign that says, "If you are stupid, please stay someplace else", we are stuck with it. Cost of doing business.
Like BD is having, we are having a ton of wedding nights this year an they ALL have spray on tans. The residue in the tub and on the towels, ick. But for the most part they have been washing out of the linens, so that is a good thing!
For some reason women dye their hair when they are here though, and men cut their toe nails. Seems to happen a lot. Those two things have been a pattern of late. I think it may be from those guests here only overnight enroute to someplace else, so they get ready while on the road to their end destination. My theory anyway.

I certainly hope you charged him for the damage. I would not let that one go. He did it!!

I certainly hope you charged him for the damage. I would not let that one go. He did it!!
EmptyNest said:
Swirt needs to come up with an app to take into consideration repair/replacement cost, frequency of occurance, and other factors like how likely the guest is to come back, to help us draw that gray line between which damages to charge for and which ones to let go as "cost of doing business".
Like a few months ago: after a repeat guest, but not one we like, left, we discovered that they had broken a $60 kayak paddle.
Considering those three factors, charge them for it? Cost of doing business?
(We charged their credit card $60 and they didn't dispute it.)

Hair dye usually makes you hairs bit dull and dry, so it's always preferable keep using conditioners.

Back