Skype-need info

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, we may get one but the interviewer said not to worry just send a pic....
I didn't think a potential employer could legally ask for a photo?
FYI:
Employers cannot ask questions, during the interview or on the application form, regarding title of Mr., Mrs. And Miss. This inquiry is considered gender and/or marital status related.

Religion - A candidate cannot be asked questions regarding the religious holidays they observe. In addition, a question asking if the candidate would be available for Saturday or Sunday work may seem discouraging to a candidate whose religion does not prohibit work on one or both of these days. If your business requires weekend work, it is best to make a statement to the applicant that you make a reasonable effort to accommodate religious beliefs or practices.
Ethnicity - Any questions regarding citizenship, nationality, ancestry, or native language cannot be asked during the interview. An employer can ask if the candidate is eligible to work in the United States. If you ask this question during the interview, you should ask this of all applicants. Otherwise, it can imply discrimination if you ask it of only those candidates you think may not have citizenship. All employees are required to provide authorization of eligibility to work in the United States after they are hired.
Race - A prospective employer cannot ask any questions regarding an applicant's race, skin color, hair color, etc during the interview or on an application form. Any observations an interviewer makes regarding such should not be indicated on the application form, resume, or noted anywhere in the applicants file. An employer cannot request a photo be submitted with the application. Only after hiring can an employer ask for a photo identification (while completing the I-9 form) to confirm the identity of the employee. A photo may be taken after hiring the employee if the company requires photo I.D.'s be carried by all employees.
Yup, that is what I thought. Can't request a photo with the app.

Late to join, but if you go with Skype be sure to practice a lot (I am sure there is someone on the forum that you can skype with) before you do the interview. You will like to get feedback on the sound and picture and get a feel for the process. Succes!

Thanks sooo much for all the info-I did think that asking for a photo is illegal, but looking for an Innkeeping job some ask for a photo when sending my resume-I never send one right away. Sometimes though we send one when we are through the second interview or in this case when we don't have skype. Our interview will be on the phone-I sent a pic of us. Although seriously thinking of getting it-it sounds cool and then I can get my mom to get it and we can actually see eachother sometimes that says alot when you are far away from family.

Back