Small Business Saturday

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
We were part of Small Business Saturday this year - YEA! we were included. We were on the "passport" that was supposed to be signed by each shop to qualify for the drawing for a basket of great stuff (what else - 2 roasts of coffees from here). Santa needed a place to change - so we offered here. Tour of the house was to be Noon to 3. Of course the door started opening at 11. As I took them upstairs to tour the B & B, Santa came out to go to his first store and ask if I knew his schedule and where he was supposed to go first. He nodded to the guests and said, "Santa needs a place to stay when he visits Shinnston." (When he came back to change, he asked if it was OK that he said that. OK? It was perfect!)
ONLY because we were on the passport did I expect to have many come here - so I made a raft of muffins, a large pot of coffee, and bought a gallon of cider. I doubt if I had 2 dozen people - some who got initialed and left, some who sampled muffins, and some who also did the tour. I sent Santa off with a lot of muffins - it is a long way back to the North Pole - tool some to the ladies at the Shab by Ch ic Sis ters, and I still have a lot left. Gave almost a whole gallon of cider to the Prez of the Woman's Club & she took a few muffins. I made Surprise muffins also because I was afraid I would not have enough of the Muffins Worth Getting Up For (MORE than enough).
eMuffinsWorthGettingUpFor-gillumhouse.jpg

bSantaatGillumHouse-gillumhouse.JPG

Sweet! I've never been able to get amex to accept us into the fold and get us on the list.

Sweet! I've never been able to get amex to accept us into the fold and get us on the list..
We got their goodies, but our city merchants got together and ran with it.
Starting December 1, we are reviving my Cast Thy Bread. Stores that are participating will sell certificates the entire month of December for $5 will all money going to the Lord's Pantry Food Bank. The entire month of January, they take these certificates to any or all stores listed for a special price or discount (and the stores have been suggested to offer something different each week to get people coming back). The Lord's Pantry will have a second entry in the Parade - someone in the back of a pickup truck in fishing gear with bread on the end of the fishing line (we have the original signs for the sides of he truck - Cast Thy Bread

Make sure you take advantage of all their twitter and facebook stuff! we have a free add which at the very least is a good web site link

Santa has moved to Florida but he came back for this for us. Before he left, I offered a 2-night stay for him and Mrs. Claus if he would like to come back up for next year.

and Cyber Monday is tomorrow... here is what you can do on your Facebook page right now (OFFER):
cyber.JPG

Then go into Rezkey and set a new discount code.
Set the dates for how far in advance you will allow them to book it. This is for new reservations only, not Gift Certificates. I have asked for that for three years.
Add a hyperlink to your rezkey page. You can visit my FB page I have it pinned to the top. It will send an email to you and tell you how to redeem the discount/offer. In my case it was click the link and enter the code CYBER.
And you can BOOST it for $5 or $10 so people see it, set your demographic or just say friends of people who like your page, which is a good boost too.

and Cyber Monday is tomorrow... here is what you can do on your Facebook page right now (OFFER):
cyber.JPG

Set the dates for how far in advance you will allow them to book it. This is for new reservations only, not Gift Certificates. I have asked for that for three years.
Add a hyperlink to your rezkey page. You can visit my FB page I have it pinned to the top. It will send an email to you and tell you how to redeem the discount/offer. In my case it was click the link and enter the code CYBER.
And you can BOOST it for $5 or $10 so people see it, set your demographic or just say friends of people who like your page, which is a good boost too..
JoeyBloggs said:
cyber.JPG

And you can BOOST it for $5 or $10 so people see it, set your demographic or just say friends of people who like your page, which is a good boost too.
Great idea JB!

cyber.JPG

And you can BOOST it for $5 or $10 so people see it, set your demographic or just say friends of people who like your page, which is a good boost too..
What is their fee for this?

I see we still don't have a "like" button here.
Very cool on Santa!
=)
Kk.

cyber.JPG

its free in the UK anyway as long as you take Amex

cyber.JPG

its free in the UK anyway as long as you take Amex
I know the Amex things are free - it was the "offer" fee on FB I was asking about

now back to those muffins ... they look like what we call morning glory muffins. What's in them? :)

now back to those muffins ... they look like what we call morning glory muffins. What's in them? :).
seashanty said:
now back to those muffins ... they look like what we call morning glory muffins. What's in them? :)
Yes they are, with my twist. I make them with currents, chocolate chips, and applesauce instead of the vegetable oil.

Back