Small Businesses Get Nearly Half of Traffic from Social Media

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"No business is an island. To be successful you need to be social and support those around you."

Good article, I find that the popularity in mobile devices also will help to continue this trend well into the future. Twitter and Facebook is now common jargon and for gen x and gen y, almost the standard way to communicate, so it is very important to be a continuing part of that world. I feel those two platforms stacked with the rise of Pinterest could have a huge impact on the B&B industry, and attract a great amount of first time B&B guests.

Good article, I find that the popularity in mobile devices also will help to continue this trend well into the future. Twitter and Facebook is now common jargon and for gen x and gen y, almost the standard way to communicate, so it is very important to be a continuing part of that world. I feel those two platforms stacked with the rise of Pinterest could have a huge impact on the B&B industry, and attract a great amount of first time B&B guests..
MarcZ said:
Good article, I find that the popularity in mobile devices also will help to continue this trend well into the future. Twitter and Facebook is now common jargon and for gen x and gen y, almost the standard way to communicate, so it is very important to be a continuing part of that world. I feel those two platforms stacked with the rise of Pinterest could have a huge impact on the B&B industry, and attract a great amount of first time B&B guests.
thumbs_up.gif

I'm leaving next week for a 2 week trip to Ireland. One of the places we're staying is at a b&b that had followed me on Pinterest, then on FB. Of course, I checked him out too. He has almost 6,000 likes on his FB page and he's in a teeny tiny town! I'm hoping to pick his brain a little to see what his magic is.

I'm leaving next week for a 2 week trip to Ireland. One of the places we're staying is at a b&b that had followed me on Pinterest, then on FB. Of course, I checked him out too. He has almost 6,000 likes on his FB page and he's in a teeny tiny town! I'm hoping to pick his brain a little to see what his magic is..
Breakfast Diva said:
I'm leaving next week for a 2 week trip to Ireland. One of the places we're staying is at a b&b that had followed me on Pinterest, then on FB. Of course, I checked him out too. He has almost 6,000 likes on his FB page and he's in a teeny tiny town! I'm hoping to pick his brain a little to see what his magic is.
Have fun!
Watch reruns of Father Ted while ye are there, it's a riot, it is good crac!

This is a great article. I am coming up with an interesting marketing plan for when our Inn goes up and how we really got to target locally especially on a social media point of view to kind of become an icon in the small city. I have a feeling that a city connected through your bb or Inn with facebook allows it much easier for them to recommend their friends and family when coming in to visit. After a certain amount of likes though, I feel a business becomes part of the community and bringing in customers from all sorts of backgrounds through social media will be the exciting part.

Back