Small Vacuum

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I need to buy a small vacuum to use on my wood floors in between regular vacuuming. I have pets and some area rugs so I need something that will pick up hair. I had a Dirt Devil Extreme Power which worked quite well, but the rechargeable batteries didn't last longer than about 1 year and the replacement batteries was almost as much $ as the item cost new!
Does anyone have one that they would recommend, before I go out and buy another dud?
teeth_smile.gif

I have one of these Eureka 169 Quick Up Vacuum
ir

I've had it for at least 5 years and the battery is just ready to be replaced now. It works great to grab when I spill some dirt or crumbs on the floor just minutes before guests walk in for breakfast. I can have it out and vacuumed up with this before I would even have the real vac plugged in. It does well on hard floors as long as the debris is not too tall. Anything taller than a cheerio is not likely to fit under the edge of it even though the machine could pick it up (you have to pick up the vac and set it right on top of the taller debris to get it to pick it up.
I use it quite a bit and I am now debating about just buying another one vs getting a replacement battery. There is only something like a $10 difference between getting the new vac or a new battery.

Are you talking about the Extreme Power stick or hand vac? I use a hand vac to do quick tidies. Black & Decker® 15.6 Volt Cyclonic Action DustBuster works fine for me and I've had it for a couple of years. I've always wanted a Dirt Devil Kone, though. I just can't believe something that pretty will last more than a year.
Does anyone use a Roomba? I've considered it for the two of us, but was thinking it'd be a riot to use them in the guest rooms while flipping. I wonder if they'd hold up to B&B use. Or if you could program them to follow the messy guests.

Are you talking about the Extreme Power stick or hand vac? I use a hand vac to do quick tidies. Black & Decker® 15.6 Volt Cyclonic Action DustBuster works fine for me and I've had it for a couple of years. I've always wanted a Dirt Devil Kone, though. I just can't believe something that pretty will last more than a year.
Does anyone use a Roomba? I've considered it for the two of us, but was thinking it'd be a riot to use them in the guest rooms while flipping. I wonder if they'd hold up to B&B use. Or if you could program them to follow the messy guests..
stephanie said:
Does anyone use a Roomba? I've considered it for the two of us, but was thinking it'd be a riot to use them in the guest rooms while flipping. I wonder if they'd hold up to B&B use. Or if you could program them to follow the messy guests.
Suppose they'd get the hint? LMAO :D

Does anyone use a Roomba? I've considered it for the two of us, but was thinking it'd be a riot to use them in the guest rooms while flipping. I wonder if they'd hold up to B&B use. Or if you could program them to follow the messy guests..
stephanie said:
DH likes to pace while eating cookies, muffins, pretzels, anything crumbly. Hints aren't working yet. Some days I'd just LOVE to tie a Roomba to his ankle.

ir

I've had it for at least 5 years and the battery is just ready to be replaced now. It works great to grab when I spill some dirt or crumbs on the floor just minutes before guests walk in for breakfast. I can have it out and vacuumed up with this before I would even have the real vac plugged in. It does well on hard floors as long as the debris is not too tall. Anything taller than a cheerio is not likely to fit under the edge of it even though the machine could pick it up (you have to pick up the vac and set it right on top of the taller debris to get it to pick it up.
I use it quite a bit and I am now debating about just buying another one vs getting a replacement battery. There is only something like a $10 difference between getting the new vac or a new battery..
This one looks interesting, but with pets and now a little one living in the house it seems like all my stuff to be vacuumed up is little (cookie & cracker crumbs). The price is right though and it's lasted a long time for you!

Stick Vac for sure! I need something that I can vacuum the whole downstairs with, I have to vacuum it everyday!

ir

I use it quite a bit and I am now debating about just buying another one vs getting a replacement battery. There is only something like a $10 difference between getting the new vac or a new battery..
This one looks interesting, but with pets and now a little one living in the house it seems like all my stuff to be vacuumed up is little (cookie & cracker crumbs). The price is right though and it's lasted a long time for you!
Cookie and cracker crumbs are typically no problem for this vac. It is the taller pieces that present only a small problem. Example: I'm using it on a tile floor and I run into a fruit loop on the floor. It won't fit under the vac so it just gets pushed along in front. My solution? I step on it so it becomes a loop shape pile of crumbs then the vac picks it up no problem. I should point out that I have full size upright vac and when I have it set to lowest height so I can use it on the tile, it will just push around the fruit loop too, but it has the weight to crush the thing when it hits the grout line between the tiles and then slurp it up.
The other thing I like about the little cordless is that it is not so strong that it will eat small area rugs (3'x2') It will clean them without eating them.
Keep in mind that with all those positives, it is not a super cleaning machine. It will not beat the dirt out of carpet with its raw power. I tend to use it more for inbetween cleaning..to get some stuff before I have to go through and do a full vacuum job on the whole room.

ir

Cookie and cracker crumbs are typically no problem for this vac. It is the taller pieces that present only a small problem. Example: I'm using it on a tile floor and I run into a fruit loop on the floor. It won't fit under the vac so it just gets pushed along in front. My solution? I step on it so it becomes a loop shape pile of crumbs then the vac picks it up no problem. I should point out that I have full size upright vac and when I have it set to lowest height so I can use it on the tile, it will just push around the fruit loop too, but it has the weight to crush the thing when it hits the grout line between the tiles and then slurp it up.
The other thing I like about the little cordless is that it is not so strong that it will eat small area rugs (3'x2') It will clean them without eating them.
Keep in mind that with all those positives, it is not a super cleaning machine. It will not beat the dirt out of carpet with its raw power. I tend to use it more for inbetween cleaning..to get some stuff before I have to go through and do a full vacuum job on the whole room.
I forgot to point out, it works great on stairs because it is the perfect width to go sideways (across the stair tread), light weight and cordless.

I have an Oreck, actually 4 of them and there great on wood floors and weigh only 8 lbs each, I also have a small shark.

stephanie said:
save your Money, They were not designed unless you live in a one room flat!

I have an Oreck, actually 4 of them and there great on wood floors and weigh only 8 lbs each, I also have a small shark..
Oreck's too expensive for my blood! No, actually I just need to buy something small that I can use between regular vacuuming. Do you have the Shark stick vac?

ir

Sounds like just what I need! I'll have to make a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend with my 20% off coupon and see what they have.

Finden Sie die neuste brautkleider 2012, Brautmode 2012 für Ihre Traum Brautkleid. Custom Brautkleid design nach dem Foto.Haben Sie benötigt, um ein Hochzeitsgeschenk vor dem Kauf? Wie die meisten Menschen haben Sie wahrscheinlich. Wenn Sie alles wie ich sind dann ist das etwas, dass Sie nicht freuen. Ich hasse die besten Zeiten einkaufen, aber es ist schlimmer abendkleid abendkleider brautkleider abendkleider brautkleider, etwas zu kaufen, für die Menschen, dass Sie wissen aber nicht so gut.
Es hat ein großes Interesse in den letzten Jahren in Menschen wurden Kauf ungewöhnliche Hochzeit favorisiert. Es gibt tatsächlich viele Gründe dafür. Erstens wollen die Gäste versuchen, sich nicht gegenseitig oder zu sein scheinen ein wenig anders. Zweitens, wenn Paare bereits zusammen leben sie schon eine Menge Dinge so zu kaufen ungewöhnliche Hochzeit, Geschenke, umgeht das Problem.
Ob Sie es glauben oder nicht, aber die jüngste Hochzeit wurde ich eingeladen, war ein Thema und das Thema war mittelalterlich. Es sah aus wie eine seltsame Art von Veranstaltung, aber die Sache, bardress die Stöcke in meinem Kopf war, in welcher Weise sie dazu beigetragen, die Gäste entscheiden Geschenk Auswahl. Sie, wie viele Leute haben eine Weile zusammen bevor sie heiraten cocktailkleider lila , so dass sie für Geld auf ihre Flitterwochen gefragt lebte.
Ich bin ziemlich faul so, wenn ich in der gleichen Situation war schwangere brautmode , dann würde ich damit die Menschen um mich zu holen, abend und brautmode was sie wollten. Das Paar ging noch weiter als das abendkleider abendkleider, sie genauer. Sie arbeiteten alle die Dinge, die sie wollten in die Flitterwochen zu tun und fand heraus, wie viel jeder kostete sie. Sie taten dies für eine Vielzahl von verschiedenen Aktivitäten.
Sie würden dann aus dieser Liste braut und abend braut und abend, was Sie wollten, um für sie zu kaufen. Das wäre alles von einem Mittagessen im lokalen Restaurant oder eine Reitstunde abhängig von der Größe Ihres Budgets ist. Sie müssen ein Bild von ihnen tun es und senden es durch für den Käufer um zu sehen, bar dresses verpflichtet.
Das Paar von dieser Hochzeit hat einen tollen Job bei der Unterstützung der Gäste zu finden ungewöhnliche Taufe Geschenke. Das ist etwas, Ich mag mehr sehen würde, elegantes abendkleid elegantes abendkleid aber zur gleichen Zeit verlassen die Gäste ein wenig Flexibilität.
  1. Mehrere Fragen zur berücksichtigen beim Kauf des Great Gift
  2. The Magic of Emerald Trauringe
  3. Tipps zum Einkaufen Für den Großhandel Hochzeit Bevorzugungen
  4. Männer Gold Trauung Ringe
  5. Beste Romantische Hochzeitsreise Reiseziele
brautkleid günstig kaufen

Back