Small World Alert

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I can't find the thread, but wanted to share that High Street Victorian and I lived in the same county at the same time. I am about to email her off line as I am 100% positive we will know people in common.
I have had many guests who have also lived in the Great NorthWet for a time in their life as their are Navy Bases, Sub Base, Air Force and Army located there. So many have lived there briefly or stationed there and/or have a relative, ie sister or nephew who live there.
This goes to prove my point that when you talk to someone longer than the initial how-do-you-do there is something in common there somewhere. It is a lot of fun to find these small world instances in our lives and somehow feel that there is a plan and we are on a path.
Many many innkeepers can share them on the forum and I encourage you to when it happens at your breakfast table with your guests from a totally diff part of the country or world.
I live nearly 3000 miles from there now and HSV lives in MO - 2000 miles? (not sure how far it is for her)
It is a small world...

OK, so JBJ did email me and wow, how funny/weird is that!?! We didn't even know each other when we lived back there!
Not only did we both know the same people but.. she is good friends with one of my friends and old room mate from college days, who was also in my wedding! AND, I also lived in Australia too! I'm sure the more we talk, the more we will find we have in common. How neat is that?!

OK, so JBJ did email me and wow, how funny/weird is that!?! We didn't even know each other when we lived back there!
Not only did we both know the same people but.. she is good friends with one of my friends and old room mate from college days, who was also in my wedding! AND, I also lived in Australia too! I'm sure the more we talk, the more we will find we have in common. How neat is that?!.
It's a small world, after all....
Sorry, I couldn't resist...we just got back from Mouse World
teeth_smile.gif

Not only did we both know the same people but.. she is good friends with one of my friends and old room mate from college days, who was also in my wedding! AND, I also lived in Australia too! I'm sure the more we talk, the more we will find we have in common. How neat is that?!.
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
Great now I have that song in my head for the rest of my life. That is the ultimate torture ride at WDW.

teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
Great now I have that song in my head for the rest of my life. That is the ultimate torture ride at WDW.
When my father took my sister and I to WDW when we were children, we got stuck in that exhibit for about an hour, song looping the entire time. They had to reverse the current of the small stream to pull the boats up to a maintenance gangplank, where we exited behind the staging. We were given tickets to go back through after it was fixed - my father refused to go back the next day, saying he couldn't get the song out of his head all night.

teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
When my father took my sister and I to WDW when we were children, we got stuck in that exhibit for about an hour, song looping the entire time. They had to reverse the current of the small stream to pull the boats up to a maintenance gangplank, where we exited behind the staging. We were given tickets to go back through after it was fixed - my father refused to go back the next day, saying he couldn't get the song out of his head all night.
Hahaha! That's the point of the ride...

Talked to one of the BIL's this morning. He said, 'I'm camping with someone who says they stayed at your place.'
Conversation was about other camping venues and Bar Harbor came up. He mentioned here and one of the other campers said, 'We stayed there!' Nice to know the family is mentioning us.

Talked to one of the BIL's this morning. He said, 'I'm camping with someone who says they stayed at your place.'
Conversation was about other camping venues and Bar Harbor came up. He mentioned here and one of the other campers said, 'We stayed there!' Nice to know the family is mentioning us..
Bree, where are you located? We are heading to Bar Harbor in September for a vacation.

Conversation was about other camping venues and Bar Harbor came up. He mentioned here and one of the other campers said, 'We stayed there!' Nice to know the family is mentioning us..
Bree, where are you located? We are heading to Bar Harbor in September for a vacation.
How are you getting to Maine? Driving? Flying?
And, the $64,000 question...why are you going to Bar Harbor? (This is strictly a research question as I'm curious WHY guests go there.)

And, the $64,000 question...why are you going to Bar Harbor? (This is strictly a research question as I'm curious WHY guests go there.)
When I researched our trip to Maine, NB, Nova Scotia, Cape Breton, and PEI, I vaguely remember (it was 10 years ago) this being THE place that was beautiful, marvelous, and must see in Maine.
=)
Kk.

When I researched our trip to Maine, NB, Nova Scotia, Cape Breton, and PEI, I vaguely remember (it was 10 years ago) this being THE place that was beautiful, marvelous, and must see in Maine.
=)
Kk.
The reason I asked is because the guests who have been returning here from there are all saying pretty much the same thing...it's crowded, noisy and 'touristy'. They wish they had chosen a different time to go there. Altho, Sept may be perfect.
So I was wondering if it is on a 'list' of must-sees somewhere! We'll go, of course, but it will be when there aren't a lot of touristy things happening.

Bree, my wording my have been slightly misleading. We are actually going from Ohio to Maine to visit my husband's family in WAY northern Maine. On our way back down, we would like to make a few stops on the coast and Mount Desert Island/ Acadia National Park was on our list. We are going to go out on a lobster boat ride. We really won't be there for more than two days, but it is one of our stops as we come home.
I am worried that it will be TOO touristy and I'll hate it, but I would like to try it no matter what.
We are driving. And yes, it is a LONG trip...
Where are you located?

=)
Kk.
The reason I asked is because the guests who have been returning here from there are all saying pretty much the same thing...it's crowded, noisy and 'touristy'. They wish they had chosen a different time to go there. Altho, Sept may be perfect.
So I was wondering if it is on a 'list' of must-sees somewhere! We'll go, of course, but it will be when there aren't a lot of touristy things happening.
I think another reason is because Acadia is beautiful, and Cadillac Mountain has the sunrises. (Although when we were there it was foggy and COLD.)
=)
Kk.

teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
:s thanks for the tune ... heading to turn on the stereo to try and drown (literally) it out.

teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
:s thanks for the tune ... heading to turn on the stereo to try and drown (literally) it out.
oops...sorry...they also sing it in en Espanol on the ride
devil_smile.gif

Back