Smart Phone?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
My DH just got a smart phone from Sprint and I tried to look up lodging near and we didn't come up. How do we get on that. One of the others near by shows up but not us. :(
I tried it several days. Even when we are at the bed and breakfast it doesn' show. We might come on the I phones because some are finding us on the road.

How do your rank on search engines? If you are ranking poorly, then you need to improve that and the rest will follow.
You need to be on Google Places. It's free. Many of the new mobile devices are operating on the Android OS and will pull their info from Google I should think.

Google places is where you want to start. We just had our B&B listed as closed on Google maps but I got that off. Very annoying.

How do your rank on search engines? If you are ranking poorly, then you need to improve that and the rest will follow.
You need to be on Google Places. It's free. Many of the new mobile devices are operating on the Android OS and will pull their info from Google I should think..
I think I rank pretty good. We have seen a huge rise in buisness this year. I am listed on Google Places.

You need to be on Google Places. It's free. Many of the new mobile devices are operating on the Android OS and will pull their info from Google I should think..
I think I rank pretty good. We have seen a huge rise in buisness this year. I am listed on Google Places.
So what did you search on from your phone? the name of the inn, the town, your web site URL???

So what did you search on from your phone? the name of the inn, the town, your web site URL???
I went to an ap that goes to a list of places like lodging, shopping, atm's and the list has like 9 things. I pushed lodging and everything came us but us. Even the b&b that does very little to market. They are about 3 miles from us. I tried it all the way back. It gives places from where you are in about a 7 mile radius and we did not come us at all. :(

I went to an ap that goes to a list of places like lodging, shopping, atm's and the list has like 9 things. I pushed lodging and everything came us but us. Even the b&b that does very little to market. They are about 3 miles from us. I tried it all the way back. It gives places from where you are in about a 7 mile radius and we did not come us at all. :(
Well find out the app and who created it. Do they have a web site? Get listed in that directory. :) I wondered if it had anything to do with having flash on your home page which is why I asked. The more I have been working on a new site, the more I am now reading..to forget flash. So I just downloaded an HTML 5 for Dummies on my Kindle :) Here I go again. Maybe one day I will learn...and just stop doing this!

Well find out the app and who created it. Do they have a web site? Get listed in that directory. :) I wondered if it had anything to do with having flash on your home page which is why I asked. The more I have been working on a new site, the more I am now reading..to forget flash. So I just downloaded an HTML 5 for Dummies on my Kindle :) Here I go again. Maybe one day I will learn...and just stop doing this!
Great advise! I will see if I can find out.

Back