Smokers......yecch!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the other hand a lady emailed to say she cannot make it this Saturday as her son has homecoming dance so their college age daughter will be here with the Dad.
If you know my set up, our rooms are designed for couples, one bed. I better warn DH before he gets the wrong idea, or whatever the idea is, I don't like it. If I went to a B&B with MY DAD I would probably call the authorities...just sayin'... it ain't normal! (Not quirky and eccentric, but bizarre)
And you? What do you do in this situation? Nothing? It is just creepy, that's all.

On the other hand a lady emailed to say she cannot make it this Saturday as her son has homecoming dance so their college age daughter will be here with the Dad.
If you know my set up, our rooms are designed for couples, one bed. I better warn DH before he gets the wrong idea, or whatever the idea is, I don't like it. If I went to a B&B with MY DAD I would probably call the authorities...just sayin'... it ain't normal! (Not quirky and eccentric, but bizarre)
And you? What do you do in this situation? Nothing? It is just creepy, that's all..
I had a dad here who insisted on a single bed for him and his 17 yo daughter. I gave them a room with 2 beds. He went on and on about it. Yes, it was creepy. He was proud of how close he and his daughter were. Talk about helicopter parent. When I said it was a short walk to the shops so his daughter could go out whenever she wanted, alone, he about lost it. ALONE??? NEVER!!!
Apparently everywhere else they had gone on this college tour he had reserved a room with one bed. Obviously, even when something else was available.
Wondering if he is moving into her dorm room with her?
Anyway, that's my solution...but I have that option.

And you? What do you do in this situation? Nothing? It is just creepy, that's all..
Yep, it's odd to me. I had traveled with my son when he was a teenager when we re-located to another State and we wanted to see some sites and stay in B&Bs on the way there. I actually had the opposite problem of finding places that had an extra bed or sleep sofa in the room. I would either keep looking or book two rooms. I think your guy is wierd....

Well what a change a day makes!
I have two new rooms (one night only) who are what I really enjoy, quirky eccentric guests. I like the shock and awe, never knowing what they will say next and not knowing how they perceive things. These are the guests who always seem to be totally delighted with every little thing. MY KIND OF PEOPLE!
And guess what, two are smokers, go figure. But...they are so happy to be here, on a road trip and loving every minute of it. This is a good thing!
Just as our attitude can reflect back onto the guests, so does their attitude reflect back on us! Happy guests make happy innkeepers.
wink_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Just as our attitude can reflect back onto the guests, so does their attitude reflect back on us! Happy guests make happy innkeepers.
wink_smile.gif
Guests don't realise how true this is. If we get miserable, demanding, nothing-is-good-enough guests we tend to think sod 'em, let them get on with it. With people who are warm, friendly and appreciative we don't mind doing extras for them.

Well what a change a day makes!
I have two new rooms (one night only) who are what I really enjoy, quirky eccentric guests. I like the shock and awe, never knowing what they will say next and not knowing how they perceive things. These are the guests who always seem to be totally delighted with every little thing. MY KIND OF PEOPLE!
And guess what, two are smokers, go figure. But...they are so happy to be here, on a road trip and loving every minute of it. This is a good thing!
wink_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
wink_smile.gif
Guests don't realise how true this is. If we get miserable, demanding, nothing-is-good-enough guests we tend to think sod 'em, let them get on with it. With people who are warm, friendly and appreciative we don't mind doing extras for them.
Highlands John said:
Ah, the wisdom in that old Golden Rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Joey Bloggs said:
And you? What do you do in this situation? Nothing? It is just creepy, that's all.
Yuck!!! I would not allow it but that said, only if they TELL YOU would you know, otherwise then show up and you ...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Back