Smoking rears its ugly head again

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
We are moving one couple to a different room tonight because they decided to stay an extra day. (Yippee, not)
We cleaned the new room and then went to get their things to move them. Absolutely reeks in there from cigs. Opened all the windows, had to wash ALL of the bedding so I took the pillows from that room and moved them to the new room and removed anything from their new room that I did not want to have to wash tomorrow. All the decorative pillows, throws, etc. Would have liked to have just put all the old bedding into the new room, had I known. Tomorrow will have to strip that whole room as well.
I am now trying to get the stench out of the room they were in last night before the new guests arrive. Very lucky it is warm here today as the windows are open.
They were in and out in their pajamas so they just got right into the bed after smoking. And, to not litter, they brought the butts into the house. Hey, leave them in your car where I saw you smoking!

And, to not litter, they brought the butts into the house.
Don't you just love it when they are that thoughtful???
cry_smile.gif

I have a statement on my website
For the health and safety of all our guests, no smoking is allowed in any indoor area. There is a $150.00 cleaning fee for anyone who smokes indoors to cover loss of revenue for not being able to rent out room after departure, and for the extra cleaning required..
Maybe you can charge them something, at least tell them it is NOT ACCEPTABLE

I have a statement on my website
For the health and safety of all our guests, no smoking is allowed in any indoor area. There is a $150.00 cleaning fee for anyone who smokes indoors to cover loss of revenue for not being able to rent out room after departure, and for the extra cleaning required..
Maybe you can charge them something, at least tell them it is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
As far as I can tell they didn't smoke in the room, it was from their clothing getting into the bed after smoking.
I haven't seen them again today since we found the room reeking.

part of the problem ... in my opinion ..
is smoking in the car
all that exhaled cigarette smoke plus what's trailing off the cigarette stays right around the person, settling even more on their clothes, in their hair, on their skin. if they smoke in the open air (far away from you) the smoke smell goes out into all that air around them and is not just hanging onto them.
i have worked with smokers in many situations. those that smoked in their cars, even though they weren't spewing their second hand smoke into the outside air, would come back in REEKING of it and it was awful. those who walked around the building or stood in their designated smoking spaces would come back in with just a hint of the smoke smell on them.

No odor at all in the new room today. Am not understanding this. She did not go out to smoke this morning, that could be it. Or, no cig butts in the room this morning.

Back