Smoothie recipes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Just got Food Network mag and there's a pullout booklet of 50 smoothie recipes. I want to try some but nowhere does it tell me how many smoothies or how many ounces each smoothie recipe makes. It sounds like an awful lot of ingredients for just one smoothie. Are smoothie recipes generally written for just one serving?
Ex- 2 bananas, 1/2 c yogurt, 1/2 c milk, 1 c ice
Is that one serving?

Its probably 2 depending on the size glass you use. I guess you can use the OZ on the blender? How stupid is that specially from a food mag?

It sounds like that would be about two servings. I make smoothies all the time now as an extra course and guests love them. I don't really measure to accuratly though. Just put in a couple bananas, plop in some yogurt, add about 1 cup of some kind of juice like orange or apple and then whatever fruit I want like mango, strawberry or peach. If the blender if all the way full with smoothie mixture that serves about 4 people.

Put it in small port glasses or mini martinis and that will serve at least 6+ people. I used to do them as a fruit "amuse-bouche" and then just a generous fruit garnish on the plate.

This would be just for me, so I wanted to know if I should use the recipe as is or halve it. 2 bananas and all the rest just sounded like way more than I wanted to have!

Back