SMS to iPod?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
If anyone has sent a text message to an iPod from your computer can you tell me what service to use to send the msg? Verizon text (from the computer) only seems to work if the phone # is for Verizon. (Which makes all kinds of sense, just doesn't help me.)

I'm no help, but just intrigued in general. How does one send a text message from a computer. Call me old-fashioned, but I honestly didn't know you could do that. Would love to know.

I'm no help, but just intrigued in general. How does one send a text message from a computer. Call me old-fashioned, but I honestly didn't know you could do that. Would love to know..
If you know what service the cellphone is on (Verizon, etc) you can just Google 'text from computer to Verizon'. You'll get a page where you can enter a txt msg and send it off.
I tried that, BTW, with my own query and all I get is how to send a text FROM an iPod, not TO the iPod.

I'm no help, but just intrigued in general. How does one send a text message from a computer. Call me old-fashioned, but I honestly didn't know you could do that. Would love to know..
Open up your mail program. The recipient is their 7 digit phone number @ whatever their carrier is. Example: 8005551234@vtext. com (for verizon)
Then you type up your text and push send.
You can get the list of carriers online.

If you know what service the cellphone is on (Verizon, etc) you can just Google 'text from computer to Verizon'. You'll get a page where you can enter a txt msg and send it off.
I tried that, BTW, with my own query and all I get is how to send a text FROM an iPod, not TO the iPod.
You can only SMS to a mobile telephone number. Ipod's don't have phone numbers. Unless you are using line2 or something like it.

You can only SMS to a mobile telephone number. Ipod's don't have phone numbers. Unless you are using line2 or something like it.
My grandson has an iPod with its own phone number. He can send texts. I'm trying to figure out how to do it in reverse from my computer as we don't have texting on our cell. Maybe he can text to my email.

Open up your mail program. The recipient is their 7 digit phone number @ whatever their carrier is. Example: 8005551234@vtext. com (for verizon)
Never thought to do it that way.

Thanks, Penelope! Just tried it to DH, and it worked. I feel like I just took a small step forward in time.
wink_smile.gif

But DOH, I should have figured that out. I use ResNexus, and that's one way to be alerted to new reservations. I guess I thought that was just a ResNexus thing. Go figure. I'm so slow sometimes.

I am not going to answer because my children lost their iPods in December due to this issue, it is an app you load and you can text to anyone anywhere for free. That is all I am saying, they are still RIGHT HERE in this drawer, the trouble they got into is not worth me even thinking about again. grrrrrrrr

I am not going to answer because my children lost their iPods in December due to this issue, it is an app you load and you can text to anyone anywhere for free. That is all I am saying, they are still RIGHT HERE in this drawer, the trouble they got into is not worth me even thinking about again. grrrrrrrr.
I have permission to text him and he has permission to text back. ;) I just can't figure out how. (I thought you threw the iPods out!)

My grandson has an iPod with its own phone number. He can send texts. I'm trying to figure out how to do it in reverse from my computer as we don't have texting on our cell. Maybe he can text to my email.
You need to know who he got the telephone number from. The key to texting is to know what company assigned it. Otherwise you can't do it, other from another mobile phone.

You need to know who he got the telephone number from. The key to texting is to know what company assigned it. Otherwise you can't do it, other from another mobile phone.
I've emailed my daughter to ask her. I looked up the phone number and no company showed up.

Back