Snippy callers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Are you getting them right now too?
"How flexible are your check in policies?" "How flexible are your cancellation policies?" - "Well I can cancel at the holiday in express on the same day!" Okay, do that. We are not a corporation. We prepare for your stay with us!
Guest can't check in super early so gets all snippy. I told him "we have to clean the room for you, we have guests in there for three days currently" he is snippy. "Well then, we will just have to check in later, AFTER the event!" Okay you do that, after I gave you a one night stay on a GRADUATION WEEKEND DUDE! Keep milkin' it...!!!!

Yes, the stress level is high as people try to do everything with limited time & resources. Where coming here for a weekend for a wedding used to be the thing, now everyone wants a single Saturday night, early check-in and late check-out (because they're beat from the wedding).
Frankly, people need to decide what they want to do rather than trying to do it all. 4 events in 1 weekend? Pare it down people.

I had a man who didn't listen to me when I was talking to him. I told him that we are a 20 minute walk to the old city and 20 minute walk to the underground city's central subway station and we are a 1/2 block off of the downtown. He says to me... you are 20 minutes away by train? No sir...
Then "the old city and downtown aren't the same?" (In my head I'm thinking... do you think we have two different names because they are interchangable?) No, sir, one is the historic centre, the other is the commercial centre.
Then "do you have a room for three days, with private bath" (he's calling two weeks ahead, the next time I have three days in a row in that room is July!) Sorry, sir, that room is booked for those dates.
... BANG ...
No goodbye, nothing. I checked the caller ID.... Toronto. Nothing surprises me anymore... rude Canadians! Ruin our reputation worldwide, sir!

I had a man who didn't listen to me when I was talking to him. I told him that we are a 20 minute walk to the old city and 20 minute walk to the underground city's central subway station and we are a 1/2 block off of the downtown. He says to me... you are 20 minutes away by train? No sir...
Then "the old city and downtown aren't the same?" (In my head I'm thinking... do you think we have two different names because they are interchangable?) No, sir, one is the historic centre, the other is the commercial centre.
Then "do you have a room for three days, with private bath" (he's calling two weeks ahead, the next time I have three days in a row in that room is July!) Sorry, sir, that room is booked for those dates.
... BANG ...
No goodbye, nothing. I checked the caller ID.... Toronto. Nothing surprises me anymore... rude Canadians! Ruin our reputation worldwide, sir!.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
No goodbye, nothing. I checked the caller ID.... Toronto. Nothing surprises me anymore... rude Canadians! Ruin our reputation worldwide, sir!
How totally strange. We find Toronto guests are really nice. (Maybe the long drive takes the piss out of them?
wink_smile.gif
) Or, maybe it's like kids acting up at home who are nice as pie at everyone else's house...

This is why we try not to answer the phone...the ones who call always want something special and it's just always a hassle.
This made me laugh today, first time I had it. Family of 3 from Italy here, the college aged son made all the pre-arrangements. Everything was about a discount, multiple emails asking about rates and discounts. He finally understood the online booking discount, but asked again as he paid the bill today about AAA. No, you already got OUR discount, and it is MORE than AAA. He then says "This is a strange request, but my mother loves your coffee mugs so much, would it be possible for her to take one as a souvenir?" TAKE, not BUY. Sure, they are $16/each...good boy, he ponied up and bought one for her.
I'm really hoping this is an Italy-wide thing, I'm asking for souvenir wine when I get to go
tounge_smile.gif

... BANG ...
No goodbye, nothing. I checked the caller ID.... Toronto. Nothing surprises me anymore... rude Canadians! Ruin our reputation worldwide, sir!.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
How totally strange. We find Toronto guests are really nice. (Maybe the long drive takes the piss out of them?
wink_smile.gif
) Or, maybe it's like kids acting up at home who are nice as pie at everyone else's house...
LOVE our Canadian guests. They are always well-prepared and extremely self-sufficient.

Just had a couple roll in from the midwest and outside their window the peonies are in full bloom. They said theirs haven't even popped up out of the ground yet. How can someone arrive here and not be totally happy? I ASK YOU. :)

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
For the most part, they usually are, but it's all relative when you are from a country of polite people... some areas are more polite and some are less polite. They say that we are crazy drivers and we say that they tailgate. It's all relative.

We find the Dutch out of all travelers are the most organised (think it helps most speak about 4 languages) and they always seem really interested in what is going on around them. I like the way the US soldiers from the base always call me Mam (ie thank you mam) it always makes me smile plus I do like a man in uniform. We find the brainer the person is the dafter they are ie can't open their room door without supervision.

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
LOVE our Canadian guests. They are always well-prepared and extremely self-sufficient.
We travel out of the country more often.
Some people don't realize it, but Canadians are sometimes the largest single source of tourism dollars. For example, we are worth over $3 billion to the state of Florida alone. About 84% of all trips by Canadians are to the US, but over 56% of them are day trips for shopping.
And take this for what it's worth, without the WHTI, those numbers would be MUCH higher, giving a boost to the US economy. The WHTI actually costs the US a lot of money. We used to visit the US all the time on day trips. Now it takes too long and we don't do it very often. We could go to the US in about 1 hour. Now we consider ourselves lucky if we can do it in under 2 hours... and there are days when it takes 3 to 4 hours for a 1 hour trip.

We find the Dutch out of all travelers are the most organised (think it helps most speak about 4 languages) and they always seem really interested in what is going on around them. I like the way the US soldiers from the base always call me Mam (ie thank you mam) it always makes me smile plus I do like a man in uniform. We find the brainer the person is the dafter they are ie can't open their room door without supervision..
I know immediately when I have a serviceperson in the house. It's 'Yes, ma'am, no ma'am' all the time.

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
Some people don't realize it, but Canadians are sometimes the largest single source of tourism dollars. For example, we are worth over $3 billion to the state of Florida alone. About 84% of all trips by Canadians are to the US, but over 56% of them are day trips for shopping.
And take this for what it's worth, without the WHTI, those numbers would be MUCH higher, giving a boost to the US economy. The WHTI actually costs the US a lot of money. We used to visit the US all the time on day trips. Now it takes too long and we don't do it very often. We could go to the US in about 1 hour. Now we consider ourselves lucky if we can do it in under 2 hours... and there are days when it takes 3 to 4 hours for a 1 hour trip.
We've heard that one a lot. How long the wait is at the border, which crossings are fastest, etc. Heck, spouse's mother walked across the International Bridge and gave birth at the hospital in Ft Kent and then walked home a week later. No one cared. We (personally) would love that kind of life again.

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
Eric Arthur Blair said:
We want to go to Cuba. Spouse will get his Canadian passport, I'll get my Irish one and then we'll go. Our Canadian guests tell us about Cuba all the time.

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
Eric Arthur Blair said:
We want to go to Cuba. Spouse will get his Canadian passport, I'll get my Irish one and then we'll go. Our Canadian guests tell us about Cuba all the time.
Oddly enough, the WHTI also increased trips to Cuba over Florida. Further south, cheaper and well... now you have the damn passport anyway.
I still haven't been. We almost went in April, but Princess offered us too good a deal to get us to cruise with them last minute. It's almost as if they were paying us.

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
We've heard that one a lot. How long the wait is at the border, which crossings are fastest, etc. Heck, spouse's mother walked across the International Bridge and gave birth at the hospital in Ft Kent and then walked home a week later. No one cared. We (personally) would love that kind of life again.
Alibi Ike said:
spouse's mother walked across the International Bridge and gave birth at the hospital in Ft Kent and then walked home a week later. No one cared.
I don't think they care that much today, either, there.
BTW-She took her child with her right? ;)

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Alibi Ike said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Cuba?
Unless you are going on an intl aide or humanitarian trip how can you go to Cuba? There may be a reason they are by the thousands on rafts risking life and limb to GET OUT OF CUBA. I must have read this wrong. You must have said Bermuda. LOL

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Alibi Ike said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
You will still look like Americans no matter what symbol is on your passport.

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Alibi Ike said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Cuba?
Unless you are going on an intl aide or humanitarian trip how can you go to Cuba? There may be a reason they are by the thousands on rafts risking life and limb to GET OUT OF CUBA. I must have read this wrong. You must have said Bermuda. LOL
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Cuba?
With different passports we could go.

... BANG ...
Eric Arthur Blair said:
wink_smile.gif
My guests last night were Canadians with horses. They bought a place in Florida. I see them in November when they go to Florida and again in April or May when they go back to Canada for the summer. I do like those guests who when they are leaving say - see you in November.

Back