Snowmen Fall from Heaven Unassembled

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
It is March first and with Spring just around the corner we finally get some snow! (a trace compared to what many of you get, but like I say "An inch of snow is like winning a dime in the lottery!" It should continue all night and we might be able to assemble a snowman tomorrow. :)

We have none. Flag is straight-out with the wind though. Temp is supposed to hit bottom. Glad to see March come in like a Lion. It should go out like a lamb - I hope.

Comparing our snow to your snow is like wading in the kiddie pool versus swimming in the ocean. LOL!

It's coming down up here too! We just got home in time from the wine expo in Richmond and I think it's up to three inches now. Most snow we've had all winter!
Riki

Where's your Aussie flag?.
Bree said:
Where's your Aussie flag?
I have ordered a new nylon more durable one - should be in the mail! Do you have any idea how many guests come here and think it is a confederate flag? No, I am not kidding. It is so ridiculous - people should really LEARN something some day.
The Southern Cross - which is the star system only seen from the southern hemisphere represents the states of Australia. The Union Jack means under British Rule and British Settlement.

Where's your Aussie flag?.
Bree said:
Where's your Aussie flag?
I have ordered a new nylon more durable one - should be in the mail! Do you have any idea how many guests come here and think it is a confederate flag? No, I am not kidding. It is so ridiculous - people should really LEARN something some day.
The Southern Cross - which is the star system only seen from the southern hemisphere represents the states of Australia. The Union Jack means under British Rule and British Settlement.

I know you don't want to get started but do you know how many citizens of various countries do not know what their own flag looks like? Apparently, we're pretty good with our flag. But, we're a flag-flying country, unlike a large portion of the rest of the world. (If I can find the research, I'll post it.)
I think a lot of people see stars, stripes, blue and think, 'I'm in this state, that must be a confederate flag.'

We had SNOW here yesterday! That was after heavy rains with tornado warning, watch, followed by 70 degree weather! The weekend of freaky weather!

OK - I'm offically sick of shovelling (at least for today
regular_smile.gif
). This time, it was our area and not inland that got hammered. We had a good 12 inches of snow yesterday, which I'm shovelling today.

We only got 2 inches and with the sun and wind yesterday, most of it is gone today...though it is really cold!

regular_smile.gif
). This time, it was our area and not inland that got hammered. We had a good 12 inches of snow yesterday, which I'm shovelling today..
The Tipsy Butler said:
regular_smile.gif
). This time, it was our area and not inland that got hammered. We had a good 12 inches of snow yesterday, which I'm shovelling today.
Ouch. We got less than that, but no mail delivery today because our walk isn't done yet. Funny, it WAS done yesterday but it all blew back in again last night!

No snow here - just cold enough to demand water line patrol last night and again tonight.

regular_smile.gif
). This time, it was our area and not inland that got hammered. We had a good 12 inches of snow yesterday, which I'm shovelling today..
The Tipsy Butler said:
regular_smile.gif
Ouch. We got less than that, but no mail delivery today because our walk isn't done yet. Funny, it WAS done yesterday but it all blew back in again last night!
LOL - I'd just finished a reply to you when we lost power !!! It's back on now, so here's the Reader's Digest version:
Drifting snow was a huge problem here too. The driveway entrance had drifted up to 3 ft. We have a full house Friday and Saturday so shovelling was imperative. All done now and the sun is doing a wonderful job of finishing what we started.

regular_smile.gif
The Tipsy Butler said:
regular_smile.gif
LOL - I'd just finished a reply to you when we lost power !!! It's back on now, so here's the Reader's Digest version:
Drifting snow was a huge problem here too. The driveway entrance had drifted up to 3 ft. We have a full house Friday and Saturday so shovelling was imperative. All done now and the sun is doing a wonderful job of finishing what we started.
Our snowbanks are pretty high so that has been somewhat effective in keeping the wind from being able to drift the lighter snow around too much. The postal person came a short while later. I think she's redone the route because the sidewalk plow had not been thru and she was having to walk in the road.

Will anyone who still has snow please send some my way!?!
We haven't had a decent snowfall for a couple weeks now and I need it if I'm going to have a good March. I have guests coming this weekend who have also booked a horse-drawn sleigh ride and a dog sledding excursion, but if the forecast for RAIN and unseasonably WARM temps is accurate, they might be a wash. If this keeps up, I'll have to start my low season rates earlier than usual. Grumble. Vent. Okay I feel better.

We haven't had a decent snowfall for a couple weeks now and I need it if I'm going to have a good March. I have guests coming this weekend who have also booked a horse-drawn sleigh ride and a dog sledding excursion, but if the forecast for RAIN and unseasonably WARM temps is accurate, they might be a wash. If this keeps up, I'll have to start my low season rates earlier than usual. Grumble. Vent. Okay I feel better..
happyjacks said:
We haven't had a decent snowfall for a couple weeks now and I need it if I'm going to have a good March. I have guests coming this weekend who have also booked a horse-drawn sleigh ride and a dog sledding excursion, but if the forecast for RAIN and unseasonably WARM temps is accurate, they might be a wash. If this keeps up, I'll have to start my low season rates earlier than usual. Grumble. Vent. Okay I feel better.
Bring a truck...you can have it all...

We haven't had a decent snowfall for a couple weeks now and I need it if I'm going to have a good March. I have guests coming this weekend who have also booked a horse-drawn sleigh ride and a dog sledding excursion, but if the forecast for RAIN and unseasonably WARM temps is accurate, they might be a wash. If this keeps up, I'll have to start my low season rates earlier than usual. Grumble. Vent. Okay I feel better..
happyjacks said:
Bree said:
happyjacks said:
teeth_smile.gif

happyjacks said:
PLEASE come and get mine too. I may even pay you to take it away !!!!!
teeth_smile.gif

happyjacks said:
teeth_smile.gif

Yay! It just started snowing here! I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't warm up enough to turn to rain this afternoon. Spring is a sloooow season for us, so I need winter to last as long as it can. Last year it took us right to the end of March. This year....? We'll see what Ma Nature throws our way.

happyjacks said:
teeth_smile.gif

Yay! It just started snowing here! I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't warm up enough to turn to rain this afternoon. Spring is a sloooow season for us, so I need winter to last as long as it can. Last year it took us right to the end of March. This year....? We'll see what Ma Nature throws our way.
We have clear blue skies at the moment, but it may be up to 50 by Saturday.

Back