So glad to get that hour back!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Was just awakened by the sun instead of the alarm clock for the first time in weeks! I know it means that it will get dark earlier now in the evenings but I was so tired of waking up to pitch blackness.
Happy November everyone!

We were awakened at 6am to a woman in a robe asking if one of us can go out to her car to get her makeup, she said doesn't want to wake her husband. Am I kidding? no
Then, yes there is more...after we went to the kitchen to prep breakfast she got her coffee and came into the kitchen (in hr robe here on her 38th anniversary, first time at a B&B) and sat down and talked as we were working to get breakfast ready.
A two nighter with no boundaries...super! That, after I said Congrats everyone for surviving October. UGH
I was grabbign water glasses for the table as I went in and out after I chopped up fruit and DH says "Here let me do that!" and we are having a power struggle over who gets the glasses out of the cupboard so we can keep moving and not be trapped in conversation. It was quite the scene. "NO! I am fine! I can get the glasses!" "Here I can do it, let me do that!"
cry_smile.gif

Oh Joey...I could cry for you. People are the worst.
Did you go out to get her makeup for her???

We were awakened at 6am to a woman in a robe asking if one of us can go out to her car to get her makeup, she said doesn't want to wake her husband. Am I kidding? no
Then, yes there is more...after we went to the kitchen to prep breakfast she got her coffee and came into the kitchen (in hr robe here on her 38th anniversary, first time at a B&B) and sat down and talked as we were working to get breakfast ready.
A two nighter with no boundaries...super! That, after I said Congrats everyone for surviving October. UGH
I was grabbign water glasses for the table as I went in and out after I chopped up fruit and DH says "Here let me do that!" and we are having a power struggle over who gets the glasses out of the cupboard so we can keep moving and not be trapped in conversation. It was quite the scene. "NO! I am fine! I can get the glasses!" "Here I can do it, let me do that!"
cry_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
i wonder if she lets her husband see her before she 'puts her face on' ....

cry_smile.gif
My DH wants to know how quickly your DH went to get the bag for her...
He's been having a bad weekend - I think that story actually made him laugh. Sorry, that is schadenfreude, I guess.

oh it got much worse...much.
I would have come in here and accused someone on this forum of sending her to me as a PITA trophy, but I couldn't be heard pecking on these keys here or she would dash in to talk.
This is her first B&B - there is a reason not all guests should stay at B&B's people!!!!!!
Just remember innkeepers - you can run but you can't hide! THEY WILL FIND YOU!

Joey, I don't understand that the husband would be awakened if she got the makeup versus one of you. What the heck am I missing?
embaressed_smile.gif

cry_smile.gif
He's been having a bad weekend - I think that story actually made him laugh. Sorry, that is schadenfreude, I guess.
muirford said:
Well in theory we thought like you all would think "Get the bag and the lady will take herself in her robe back to her room to put ON SAID MAKEUP"
When our very truly wonderful guests were leaving after 5 nights here they came in to say goodbye, I really wanted to be sure to say goodbye in person and give them a hug. In popped this lady, with coffee cup in hand (at 11am) she said "I heard talking so I came right down." Then proceeded to talk about herself and steal the whole "thank you for staying with us and farewell conversation."
I pawned her off on DH and he pawned her off on A KID and the kid gave the "I will get even with you for this!" look to us. This same kid later disappeared as she was supposed to be helping me flip a room for a check in, never to return, hiding out, somewhere in our Habitrail we call innkeepers quarters - to avoid the lady.
We banned all speaking lest the lady come and find us and want to join in. We sneaked around, spoke-not above a whisper and felt like trapped and cornered animals ready to gnaw our leg off to get out of this trap!

Okay so this might be a coincidence or somebody up there likes me...another guest checking in today is a professional therapist. Again, thank you forum for sending her to me, as I need it! Or maybe tomorrow she will have plenty to diagnose at the breakfast table. tee hee
help.gif

Yeah, but it's dark now. I'm getting the last of the sunset in my eye as I type.
cry_smile.gif

Poor babies!! Much worse than my most cloying. Even worse than our friend who comes every holiday that sucks the life out of me in the 4 hours she is here.

Back