So, it is official

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April

Reaction score
In 2 days we will no longer have the T rip Ad visor business listing. I tried again today and they would not negotiate the price. They want over 50% increase over the last year rate. All they are prepare to do for me is less than 10% discount on the new rate. Considering that our dollar is only $0.75 to US $ what it would cost me is more than double of the last year. Have no choice but let them go.

Good choice! Now you can join us in the elite group that doesn't have TA. Your reviews will still be there.

for a lot of places, including Yelp, OTAs, yellow pages, etc. - you still get benefit just from a free listing. Anyone who wanders across it may look you up. Often, the paid ad is not always worth it.
Sort of like SEO. Why wouldn't someone do everything possible to maximize the free incoming web traffic AND THEN do things like Adwords...?

April. Good choice. We did manage to negotiate no increase ourselves. We held VERY fast, but we regret even paying that.

Wait a month or two after your listing expires. They'll be calling back and probably make you a better offer.

Good choice! Now you can join us in the elite group that doesn't have TA. Your reviews will still be there..
Good on you.!!!!! Stand your ground firmly. If enough people would just do that the big guy would no longer growl. Or stop with there silly assessments of what are business are worth.
Demanding such payment with no way of of really know the person from them went directly to you. It is an all guessing game to them. I must say they do,, do a heavy pitch to get you to sign on with them.

Good choice! Now you can join us in the elite group that doesn't have TA. Your reviews will still be there..
Good on you.!!!!! Stand your ground firmly. If enough people would just do that the big guy would no longer growl. Or stop with there silly assessments of what are business are worth.
Demanding such payment with no way of of really know the person from them went directly to you. It is an all guessing game to them. I must say they do,, do a heavy pitch to get you to sign on with them.
I think with our $ being so low many B&B people my find themselves priced out of that website. I find $3200+ not acceptable and we are a good size B&B. What about the place that have a couple of bedrooms?

I don't think you will regret it. We did not suffer at all when we dropped our TA business listing.
thumbs_up.gif

We make good use of our #1-in-our -town standing on TA and aim to be on the first page of over 250 B+B's in the region. Folks who what to stay with you will just go ogle your place after finding you on TA. You are doing the right thing, April!

I don't think you will regret it. We did not suffer at all when we dropped our TA business listing.
thumbs_up.gif

We make good use of our #1-in-our -town standing on TA and aim to be on the first page of over 250 B+B's in the region. Folks who what to stay with you will just go ogle your place after finding you on TA. You are doing the right thing, April!.
Thank you for the support. It really makes me feel better about it.
heart.gif

Don't worry about it. You will still be listed..just no link. NO big deal. People will read your reviews and just go ogle your place. That's what the # 7 in the US does and it works for them just fine!

Please keep us advised as to what, if any, changes it causes to your business. I suspect it will be little if at all.

TA and all the other pay for link sites do not think we are smart enough to check out G oo gle ana lytics to see where our traffic is coming from and which ones are booking!

Typically there are always ups and downs when it comes to investing in new marketing initiatives. I thought I would share this blog post recapping the webinar we did with Bryan Payea, Head of Inustry Relations with Tripadvisor on how to use reviews to drive bookings. You can also watch the full webinar or the recap: http://blog.leonardo.com/qa-with-tripadvisor-how-to-use-reviews-to-drive-bookings/.
Welcome Warren:
One of your clients is fairly local to us. Congrats on the increased bookings.
Most of us here are 6 rooms or less. You may find us a bit leery of marketers, as we are bombarded nearly daily with some pitch or other, often by phone when we are in the midst of breakfast service.
Having said that, for the most part we take kindly to advice and insight that is genuinely helpful, delivered in a collegial way.
Best,

Typically there are always ups and downs when it comes to investing in new marketing initiatives. I thought I would share this blog post recapping the webinar we did with Bryan Payea, Head of Inustry Relations with Tripadvisor on how to use reviews to drive bookings. You can also watch the full webinar or the recap: http://blog.leonardo.com/qa-with-tripadvisor-how-to-use-reviews-to-drive-bookings/.
Welcome Warren:
One of your clients is fairly local to us. Congrats on the increased bookings.
Most of us here are 6 rooms or less. You may find us a bit leery of marketers, as we are bombarded nearly daily with some pitch or other, often by phone when we are in the midst of breakfast service.
Having said that, for the most part we take kindly to advice and insight that is genuinely helpful, delivered in a collegial way.
Best,
Well said Anon.
I am a subscriber to Leonardo's blog and they provide some great info.

Back