So Much Fun

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
I just had repeat English guests leave. OMG - I had so much fun with them. She is a super high powered exec that comes here to relax and (I guess) indulge her "mad" side. They were last here two years ago when I was still putting my "art / antique" bears on the bed for turn-down.
This time they brought a whole contingent of their own animals with them and when I went to turn-down the room I found them all lined up on the bed ..... so ..... I put out my "witches broom", lined them all up on it and then put a note on the door saying "See Ya - Hogwarts or bust".
Every night, I would find some new "thing" for me to play with. I laughed, they laughed. I'm really, really going to miss them - until next time.
I guess, they really, truly represent my ideal. They love, want and expect luxury (their trip advisor tag line is "nothing but the best") but they genuinely enjoy the eccentricity that is me.
I'm sad they've gone.

We have our regulars in for a conference they come like clockwork 4 nights in June and have the same rooms and everything they are absolute poppets. They even come with a company cheque and hand it straight over the minute they are in the door it is so nice to deal with people like that. One year they came (the one in room 7 never locks his door) and there was a leak in room 9 which is the room below 7 so we called all over to get a plumber and couldnt so we called a friend to see if she knew one and she said quick as a flash I have 5 plumbers staying with me I'll get them over so Yoko (my godmother) and 5 plumbers all in Black Tie to go out for dinner are pulling up the floor in 7 while this chap is out got the leak sorted and all went off for dinner (we bought them dinner the next night) but we forgot he doesn't lock his door so locked everything up safe and went to bed. So he came back and couldn't get into his room. Luckily some of our other regular guests we sat up in the lounge and said oh we know where they keep the spares and let him in. (This was when we first took over and I ruddy locked up the spairs after this) They said we didn't want to wake you! bless. They thought it was hilarious.

We have our regulars in for a conference they come like clockwork 4 nights in June and have the same rooms and everything they are absolute poppets. They even come with a company cheque and hand it straight over the minute they are in the door it is so nice to deal with people like that. One year they came (the one in room 7 never locks his door) and there was a leak in room 9 which is the room below 7 so we called all over to get a plumber and couldnt so we called a friend to see if she knew one and she said quick as a flash I have 5 plumbers staying with me I'll get them over so Yoko (my godmother) and 5 plumbers all in Black Tie to go out for dinner are pulling up the floor in 7 while this chap is out got the leak sorted and all went off for dinner (we bought them dinner the next night) but we forgot he doesn't lock his door so locked everything up safe and went to bed. So he came back and couldn't get into his room. Luckily some of our other regular guests we sat up in the lounge and said oh we know where they keep the spares and let him in. (This was when we first took over and I ruddy locked up the spairs after this) They said we didn't want to wake you! bless. They thought it was hilarious..
I have 5 plumbers staying with me I'll get them over so Yoko (my godmother) and 5 plumbers all in Black Tie to go out for dinner are pulling up the floor in 7
What gems! I could just see those fellows all in black tie working away!!!! What professionals!
RIki

I love happy stories! Thanks for sharing!
This past weekend we had two sets of many-time-repeats (who had met each other twice before on visits here) plus a new future-repeat guest. Shared snacks, bottles of wine, and much laughter made for an impromtu party in the gazebo. We're still smiling from it!

Back